Personality Cafe banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It may just happen. You are engaged and you just meet another person. Or perhaps it'll happen during innocent observation: a co-worker you have no choice but to encounter on a regular basis is constantly around you and, over time, you witness his/her personality during interaction with you, the boss, or customers, hear what he/she has to say, etc.

Now i was wondering, has it ever happened to you, or have you ever witnessed someone who did, to actually break up with someone for the sole purpose of ending up with someone else immediately after? Or if it's not immediate, the point is that the reason for the break up must be that you met someone else. And how much time did the 'pause' between the two relationships last?

Also, how 'easy' or 'hard' it was to break up with the previous partner? Was the relationship good? Or was there something a bit 'oscillating' in nature from before already?

Those are questions meant on a personal, subjective level.

I have another question though, which is more objective in nature. How likely is it that, given some 'circumstances' of the kind i presented before, people in general would actually change partner? I'm somehow referring to statistics here. Is there some research on this? Or have you done some private research yourself, as far as it may concern your possibilities (i mean between the people you know or have heard of)?

And obviously, the icing on the cake: is it somehow 'wrong' to do something like that? In which circumstance is it acceptable or unacceptable?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Now i was wondering, has it ever happened to you, or have you ever witnessed someone who did, to actually break up with someone for the sole purpose of ending up with someone else immediately after? Or if it's not immediate, the point is that the reason for the break up must be that you met someone else. And how much time did the 'pause' between the two relationships last?
yes, my ex-gf cheated on me > left me > 1 day after was with the other guy
Also, how 'easy' or 'hard' it was to break up with the previous partner? Was the relationship good? Or was there something a bit 'oscillating' in nature from before already?
for me really hard, for her not so hard. our relationship was really good, just a couple misunderstandigs and differend views in the last 2-3 months. also she was having a lot of pressure and probably she was seeing a solution in the new guy.
I have another question though, which is more objective in nature. How likely is it that, given some 'circumstances' of the kind i presented before, people in general would actually change partner? I'm somehow referring to statistics here. Is there some research on this? Or have you done some private research yourself, as far as it may concern your possibilities (i mean between the people you know or have heard of)?

And obviously, the icing on the cake: is it somehow 'wrong' to do something like that? In which circumstance is it acceptable or unacceptable?
i'm trying to know new people now and most of them don't have any problem to change partner. btw i was in a long relationship, they don't even had one for more than 2 years.
change partner for me it's a mutual failure and i must try to solve all the problems before considering a break up and move on.
imo it's not acceptable when you want change just for sex, for money, or ambition like your partner is the source of your fails or he/she can slow down your hypothetical goals.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes, my ex-gf cheated on me > left me > 1 day after was with the other guy

for me really hard, for her not so hard. our relationship was really good, just a couple misunderstandigs and differend views in the last 2-3 months. also she was having a lot of pressure and probably she was seeing a solution in the new guy.

i'm trying to know new people now and most of them don't have any problem to change partner. btw i was in a long relationship, they don't even had one for more than 2 years.
change partner for me it's a mutual failure and i must try to solve all the problems before considering a break up and move on.
imo it's not acceptable when you want change just for sex, for money, or ambition like your partner is the source of your fails or he/she can slow down your hypothetical goals.
I'm deeply sorry for that.

Just out of curiosity was her type FP?

Also how did people who know both of you see the situation? I mean from both sides (your friends, her friends, and/or mutual friends), how much information do you have about their opinions on that kind of behaviour?

·
Registered
102 Posts
I'm deeply sorry for that.

Just out of curiosity was her type FP?

Also how did people who know both of you see the situation? I mean from both sides (your friends, her friends, and/or mutual friends), how much information do you have about their opinions on that kind of behaviour?
yep ISFP, others are shocked by her behaviour because she appears like a little, gentle, cute, kind, blonde girl. just her parents don't seem really sorry and i'm disappointed. others explain my situation with:
you were too young
you gave her too much
you are too "close"
she is a bitch

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yep ISFP, others are shocked by her behaviour because she appears like a little, gentle, cute, kind, blonde girl. just her parents don't seem really sorry and i'm disappointed. others explain my situation with:
you were too young
you gave her too much
you are too "close"
she is a bitch
I wonder how can anyone just change like that after years of relationship. I was wondering this in general before starting the thread. Who knows if there is any rational explaination other than "she is just a bitch"?

·
Registered
Beta Gang - EIE 3w4 - 368 sx/so
4,750 Posts
I wonder how can anyone just change like that after years of relationship. I was wondering this in general before starting the thread. Who knows if there is any rational explaination other than "she is just a bitch"?
She mostly is a bitch, maybe ? honestly its all about things beein not said, in most of the cases. You re holdin up because you want to believe that what you invested emotionally is real.

And then you realise that its not what you want from life. It suck. Even more when people just don't want to explain it and tell you instead "I need time or space". Just screw them. Embrace the pain for a while, and then deal with your life. At least you were into a relationship that lasted more than a couple of months, @Pupazzo

1 - 6 of 6 Posts