Personality Cafe banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is jealousy a common trait of the ENFJ? I seem to struggle with this all of the time, particularly when it comes to my best friend. I recognize that I'm feeling and acting this way, but it seems to be outside of my power to do much of anything about it.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
I am.. But I use it that good thing. I am jealous of you because you can do that I can't. Iadmit it and move. I love people think that's why we all have different special skills!

·
Registered
56 Posts
I would disagree. I never get jealous of others. Its not in my nature...if I even start to feel a pang of jealousy, I remember all that I have in my life and I am grateful and I feel happy for my friend or colleague. I always remind myself good things will come my way down the road and time and time again this happens.

However, I have experienced jealousy coming from others and some people don't hold back with that emotion! Some people have gotten ugly and competitive with it...I just don't get it.

·
MOTM May 2011
14,041 Posts
The responses thus far are describing envy and not jealousy. It may be that the OP was actually referring to envy and not jealousy...I dunno.

FWIW:

Envy is desiring some thing or some quality that another person has for yourself.

Jealousy is resentment against a rival or another person that appears to have been awarded, given, or has taken something that we believe to be rightfully ours.

HTH

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't often feel jealous of someone else's possessions, good fortune, or talent; I mainly feel jealous when I feel left out of an activity with friends, or if I feel like someone is being a better friend than I am...things like that. The source of the jealousy I feel seems to stem from my insecurity with interpersonal relationships...which I suppose is an ENFJ trait :laughing:

·
Registered
50 Posts
I've struggled with both of these, but have recognized them for what they are and work against them. It goes back to comparisons. Satan asked Eve in the Garden to compare what she was given with what she could potentially have. When we compare ourselves to others talents, or abilities, it breeds envy. When we compare how others are getting more attention than what we are, it breeds jealousy. The bible ties jealousy close to hatred. Like the person who is acting jealous against us, also has hatred going on towards us if they don't grab a hold of it fast.... and watch out! Many murders have taken place b/c of this one. The whole, "If I can't have you, then nobody can," mentality.

To me, jealousy is also a protective thing too. A husband feeling jealous that his wife is talking to other men on the phone, is not a bad thing for him. Often times, it can help break that idealism down. In two people relationships, it's a good indicator light sometimes...... or it wouldn't be going off at all.

Bottom line....Yea.....I'm human too khadalex. You're not alone!!!! The good news for our type is we can easily reconigze it, identify it, and cut it off. So the fact that you've been brave enough to post about it, and admit your issue with it, is a really good thing.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
I don't often feel jealous of someone else's possessions, good fortune, or talent; I mainly feel jealous when I feel left out of an activity with friends, or if I feel like someone is being a better friend than I am...things like that. The source of the jealousy I feel seems to stem from my insecurity with interpersonal relationships...which I suppose is an ENFJ trait :laughing:
Exactly! I feel the exact same way you do.
I get jealous when I meet my best friend's other best friends. I like them all, but my friends mean so much to me that I can't help but feel left out when I'm with their other friends.

"The source of the jealousy I feel seems to stem from my insecurity with interpersonal relationships...which I suppose is an ENFJ trait"
Oh my, that is exactly me! Ahhhhhhh lol
I always freak out when people sound so much like me!! :tongue:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts