Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
One of my best friends recently had a baby and now she sends me all these cute videos. It makes me feel things, I don't like it . . . must be some form of alien mind control!

·
Registered
28 Posts
I wouldn't say it's ruining my life, either. For me, the lack of emotional connection is with people outside my immediate family....but who cares about them anyway? I'll emotionally connect when I'm ready, but it's not something I strongly desire at the moment....

Ahh. ENTP. I get it now

·
Registered
591 Posts

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Not really, I can still form emotional connections. I just show it in much different ways from the norm.
Those who are close to me understand and they appreciate when I do open up because they know how big that is.
I rather be emotionally guarded.

·
Registered
591 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Not really, I can still form emotional connections. I just show it in much different ways from the norm.
Those who are close to me understand and they appreciate when I do open up because they know how big that is.
I rather be emotionally guarded.
All those 42 references really start to piss me off (referencing your signature; don't worry, this has nothing to do with you XD). My favorite number was 42 in second grade because I heard the product of 6 x 7 was the hardest to remember. Now that I'm older (my heart's colder), people think I read the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

I digress (ignore the whole post please).

I'm more like a giant water balloon, which is really sensitive to movement and pressure. Breaking the fragile latex skin unleashes a lot more emotion than necessary in a situation. I don't feel emotional connection. It's more like my own emotions overwhelming everything else. Lack of emotional connection is actually helpful because it prevents people from getting freaked out by a leaky balloon all the time. Not like it's a conscious effort.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
All those 42 references really start to piss me off (referencing your signature; don't worry, this has nothing to do with you XD). My favorite number was 42 in second grade because I heard the product of 6 x 7 was the hardest to remember. Now that I'm older (my heart's colder), people think I read the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.
42 is far more interesting than either of those! 42 (number) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

For example: The angle rounded to whole degrees for which a rainbow appears (the critical angle).

·
Registered
766 Posts

·
Banned
5,168 Posts
Are you kidding? My life has improved at almost an exponential rate with every emotional connection that I've severed.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts