Personality Cafe banner
121 - 140 of 330 Posts

·
Registered
9,085 Posts
Fi because how he reacted in the Deathly Hallows. He didn't care about the trio, he just cared about his daughter who he loved. Of course that is rational, but I think Fe would be more involved to be sympathetic towards these children even though they are not his own.

I say Ni because... Part of me feels that their convincing themselves that all of these things exist together in their framework of the world is somewhat Ni? But then again I haven't analyzed them in a long time (and in her dad's case... never). But given your ideas that he's Ne, I would most likely type him as ENFP.

·
Registered
4,270 Posts
@alittlebear

I see. I don't even know why I dislike the guy so much, I usually like weirdos. I think that auxiliary Fi would have to be followed by tertiary Te, which would make him a little bit more rational than he is. Luna is also probably the person he loves the most in the universe by a good thousand miles, so you'd have to consider that as well. I don't think he was much different from Narcissa (who's probably a Fe user), when they both thought "Fuck the world, my kid's in danger!".

I have no idea. Not even the functions. Not even where to begin. :crazy:

·
🎀
11,795 Posts
We don't know much about him
And I agree,most people would protect their child,it's a very difficult situation.I think he just accepted reality of Voldemort winning and Harry,Ron and Hermione being found sooner or later(because really,I don't think 3 high school kids would win in a fight with someone like Voldemort if it was real life lol) so why risk his daughter's life?
I don't really remember the books too well though.

·
🎀
11,795 Posts
Luke the Turner said:
You know someone's a badass when they can hold their own with a mediocre spell.
But could he in reality?
But I guess it's not about that :p

Anyway,just saying people can't be blamed for not having 100% faith in him winning

Btw Luna I think is INTP but SFJ suggestions make sense in a hilarious way:laughing:
She wouldn't be that weird if she was SFJ though,regardless of her parents

·
Registered
4,270 Posts
Anyway,just saying people can't be blamed for not having 100% faith in him winning

Agreed.

Btw Luna I think is INTP but SFJ suggestions make sense in a hilarious way:laughing:
She wouldn't be that weird if she was SFJ though,regardless of her parents
She's not that weird, mate. What's her weirdest trait, in your opinion?

·
🎀
11,795 Posts
@Living dead I think she just spreads her father's beliefs around, that's why she comes across as weird. Otherwise she seems pretty normal.
She seems weirdly honest to me,too dreamy,there were many awkward moments with her,she didn't really try to find balance between her father's beliefs and the rest of the world.
I can see her as Fe aux though actually lol

·
🎀
11,795 Posts
Luna doesn't care that people steal her stuff and hide it from her and call her names behind her back and to her face ("It's all in good fun, really"). That fits no high Feeler, anywhere.
I agree,it could be some damn strong defense mechanism though but I doubt it.She just does her thing mostly.She seems truly confident in herself.

·
Registered
4,270 Posts
Luna doesn't care that people steal her stuff and hide it from her and call her names behind her back and to her face ("It's all in good fun, really"). That fits no high Feeler, anywhere.
I don't know, my mom is an ESFJ and she behaves exactly like Luna when she believes they're making fun of her (Say what you want, I don't care anyway!). It could as well be a defense mechanism, like Living dead suggested.

I smirk.

PS: OH MY GOD I DID NOT RECOGNIZE YOU!!!

·
Registered
6,850 Posts
I'm sorry, the idea that Luna is an ESFJ is totally insane to me. No. Just... NO. Luna?!?

Molly Weasley is an ESFJ. Fe-dom. Taking care of EVERYONE, all the time. Very open with her feels. Highly sensitive. Protective.

Luna spends all her time wandering around in a daze, thinking absurd thoughts and doesn't really care what anyone thinks of her. She peddles her dad's embarrassing magazine freely, without concern, and gives exactly zero cares what anyone thinks of her.

Luna is the anti-Hermione. She's the intuitive-thinker to Hermione's sensor-thinker. You have the functions right, but the ending combination wrong. You're assuming she's an ESFJ because ... what? She's out of touch with reality? She doesn't appear to be logical enough to be an NTP? That's, um, kind of insulting to ESFJs everywhere. Most of them are very well grounded. Down to earth. Practical. Attentive of daily needs. People-pleasers. ESFJs are like ... Elle Woods. Let me introduce myself, and make sure you're having an excellent time by organizing everything to make everyone happy!

Or ... Molly. Well, look at this. We're stuck in this house for awhile, so what are we going to do? DE-HEX THE PLACE! That's right, kids! Get your cleaning supplies because you are on DUTY for the next three weeks!

Can you imagine Luna ever doing that? Saying that? Organizing others for a cause? No.

What does she do? Paint her friends on the ceiling of her room, read the Quibbler upside-down, and make friends with the Hogwarts ghosts. She's intentionally "out there" because she's Rowling's PARODY of an NTP, from what is probably an SFJ perspective.

ETA: You know who is probably another ESFJ in the series? Hagrid. Talk about mothering things with fangs. ;)

·
🎀
11,795 Posts
I have a slightly eccentric father(not in Luna's way though),INTP,and I did get some of his behaviors and attitudes but I think my Fe was part of what made me not become that much like him other than when spending time with him,I was like "Hey,this guy is smart but I rarely meet anyone like him,he's kinda weird,do I really wanna act like that?" XD

I'm still sticking with NTP for her,maybe ENTP though.

·
Registered
4,270 Posts
I'm sorry, the idea that Luna is an ESFJ is totally insane to me. No. Just... NO. Luna?!?

Molly Weasley is an ESFJ. Fe-dom. Taking care of EVERYONE, all the time. Very open with her feels. Highly sensitive. Protective.

Luna spends all her time wandering around in a daze, thinking absurd thoughts and doesn't really care what anyone thinks of her. She peddles her dad's embarrassing magazine freely, without concern, and gives exactly zero cares what anyone thinks of her.

Luna is the anti-Hermione. She's the intuitive-thinker to Hermione's sensor-thinker. You have the functions right, but the ending combination wrong. You're assuming she's an ESFJ because ... what? She's out of touch with reality? She doesn't appear to be logical enough to be an NTP? That's, um, kind of insulting to ESFJs everywhere. Most of them are very well grounded. Down to earth. Practical. Attentive of daily needs. People-pleasers. ESFJs are like ... Elle Woods. Let me introduce myself, and make sure you're having an excellent time by organizing everything to make everyone happy!

Or ... Molly. Well, look at this. We're stuck in this house for awhile, so what are we going to do? DE-HEX THE PLACE! That's right, kids! Get your cleaning supplies because you are on DUTY for the next three weeks!

Can you imagine Luna ever doing that? Saying that? Organizing others for a cause? No.

What does she do? Paint her friends on the ceiling of her room, read the Quibbler upside-down, and make friends with the Hogwarts ghosts. She's intentionally "out there" because she's Rowling's PARODY of an NTP, from what is probably an SFJ perspective.

ETA: You know who is probably another ESFJ in the series? Hagrid. Talk about mothering things with fangs. ;)
Oh dear, this made me smile. I'm really loving this.

I don't say she is an ESFJ, I said it sarcastically the first time and it suddenly seemed much more plausible than it would have been at a first glance. I'm exploring the idea and your post is like a caffeine pill ;)

I know it might sound insulting to ESFJs, but you can't deny that inferior Ti in a ESFJ in his/her mid-teens makes them annoyingly illogical.

There was an ESFJ girl in my classroom who believed everything an authority figure told her, especially when it was mystical stuff. There was also a guy who believed his friend turned gay because he did physiotherapy on college, and seriously advised us against it. They did not annoy me because of their crazy beliefs, they annoyed me because they could not open their minds to another explanation of it, they stubbornly refused to consider, and those were the most obvious Fe-doms I ever saw.

When Hermione presents another explanation to Luna's ideas, she kind of doesn't want to hear about it. INTPs love debates, one I know would probably be trying to debate Hermione on the Gryffindor Tower's steps. Luna's young, a teenager really, I surely do not expect her to be logical and open minded as a young INTP. I expect her to be friendly and supportive and to defend what her father believes against criticism of any person whom she barely knows, and refuse to discuss it in the most pleasant manner, like a young ESFJ.

Also, both her parents were a bit in the weird side, she probably barely had any contact with people with different ideas than those she learned at home. Then she goes to Hogwarts and all those people start sneering at her normal. That doesn't mean she doesn't care though, but I would think she would try to conform to what her parents taught her for eleven years than to what these people think is best.

And she was reading the Quibbler upside down because of the runes. Don't make her crazier. :frustrating:

I also think Luna and Molly were raised a bit differently. I don't dislike ESFJs, I know what they can do and I know what they can be. And I DO NOT think ESFJs are completely illogical or any of these things, especially when they get older, but saying that a 14-year-old ESFJ is a ball of logic is like saying a 14-year-old INFP is a workaholic.

Isn't Hagrid a Fi user? Shutting himself in his hut and all?

Keep it running, Charity, keep it alive. :th_o:

·
🎀
11,795 Posts
Luke the Turner said:
I don't*say*she is an ESFJ, I said it sarcastically the first time and it suddenly seemed much more plausible than it would have been at a first glance.
This is both why I hate typing of any sort and why I keep coming back to it every time XD

121 - 140 of 330 Posts