·
Registered
3,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just curious, @Sparky why does Madonna strike you as N rather than S?
I still need to review the interview videos using audio, though Madonna's "dance" of the eyes and various body movements are highly indicative of the ENTP, which is different from that of an ESTP like Sarah Palin. Also, I am unsurprised that she was inspired by Marilyn Monroe (an INFP), who also suffered disappointments from parents during childhood. A strong indication of intuition would be how her songs are representative of something in her life, or how she wanted to live, besides her desire to be different in style from everybody else. Since you also identify as an ENTP, I wonder if you could identify with Madonna in some way or shed some light on her personality type. Thank you.

·
Banned
3,139 Posts
I still need to review the interview videos using audio, though Madonna's "dance" of the eyes and various body movements are highly indicative of the ENTP, which is different from that of an ESTP like Sarah Palin. Also, I am unsurprised that she was inspired by Marilyn Monroe (an INFP), who also suffered disappointments from parents during childhood. A strong indication of intuition would be how her songs are representative of something in her life, or how she wanted to live, besides her desire to be different in style from everybody else. Since you also identify as an ENTP, I wonder if you could identify with Madonna in some way or shed some light on her personality type. Thank you.
I'm unable to watch any of her interviews right now, but I'll get back to you as soon as I can. Another question, I was always under the impression that Sarah Palin is an ESxJ? WSidis said you only use VI? Could you embellish on that please? Just so we can be on the same page...

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm unable to watch any of her interviews right now, but I'll get back to you as soon as I can. Another question, I was always under the impression that Sarah Palin is an ESxJ? WSidis said you only use VI? Could you embellish on that please? Just so we can be on the same page...
For more information on VI, I found this thread to be quite interesting:

Guide to typing in real time. - INTP Forum

Also, an interesting book is The Art of SpeedReading People:

http://www.amazon.com/Art-SpeedReading-People-Speak-Language/dp/0316845183/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1328724711&sr=8-1

The book confirms that interactions with people and learning about their personality types over time will make you aware of a pattern in behavior that makes identification easier just after observing someone.

VI requires practicing and keeping an open mind about other possibilities, though the reward of being able to type someone by observation is worth the effort. Sometimes, there are specific movement or speech quirks ("dances") that are typical of someone of the same personality, and these are hard to describe without observing them in person. Finally, typing someone by observing them as a "whole" rather than trying to find individual traits might be easier and more accurate.

I also try to type by listening to what the person has to say, though it appears that bias could influence what people want to hear to confirm their previous beliefs about someone's type, so VI is better in this regard. You could start practicing VI by observing someone close to you and asking what makes them who they are, such as how is the person an extrovert, and how does this extroversion compare to that of another extrovert who has different personality? Or, how does this ESTP compare to another ESTP in manners and behavior? Hope that helps. Thank you.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Sarah Palin is an ESFJ. Nothing remotely ESTP about her...

Edit: If you want to contrast the ESFJ Palin with a real ESTP, look at Madonna.

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sarah Palin is an ESFJ. Nothing remotely ESTP about her...
Politicians can appear F and J in public, so the confusion is understandable. Thank you.

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
People thought Adolf Hitler was INFJ, when he actually was INTP, so the confusion of typing someone F and J is definitely present when dealing with political and other public figures. Thank you.

http://personalitycafe.com/guess-type/73099-hitler-intp-9.html
Notice how you were the only one to say that? You're wrong. I'm not confusing TP for FJ, that doesn't even make sense if you know how to type people. You look for functions. Apparently you don't, but that doesn't make you right. Hitler was clearly an INFJ btw, saying he's an INTP is laughable.

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Notice how you were the only one to say that? You're wrong. I'm not confusing TP for FJ, that doesn't even make sense if you know how to type people. You look for functions. Apparently you don't, but that doesn't make you right. Hitler was clearly an INFJ btw, saying he's an INTP is laughable.
In terms of cognitive functions, TP and FJ share Fe and Ti, which makes typing by functions confusing. Also, you should read the last post about Hitler by sly in that thread, which contains content from The History Place that backs up the idea Hitler was INTP. Thank you.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
In terms of cognitive functions, TP and FJ share Fe and Ti, which makes typing by functions confusing. Also, you should read the last post about Hitler by sly in that thread, which contains content from The History Place that backs up the idea Hitler was INTP. Thank you.
No offense to sly, but that was an entirely unscientific typing of someone and was entirely unconvincing:

Hitler was remembered by the woman who ran the boarding house as a nervous, awkward boy, who spent most of his time reading and drawing. Although Hitler loved to read, he was a lazy and uncooperative student in school.
Perceiving. Introverted.
This could be any INxx type. It could even be an ISxP or ENxP type. And probably others.

Among Hitler's antics – giving contrary, insulting, argumentative answers to questions which upset the teacher and delighted the other boys who sometimes applauded him.
F's strive for harmony? I conclude T hereby.
Delighting his peers sounds like Fe to me. Could not be, but it's surely not definitively T, whatever that means.

From now on he would be self taught, continuing his heavy reading habits and interpreting what he read on his own, living in his own dreamy reality and creating his own sense of truth.
intuitive
This could well be right. But again, he could be an ISxP. It only hints to an intuitive function.

If that was supposed to convince me, that is unbelievably naive of you. That wasn't even an in depth look at Hitler who, even in passing, sounds like a misguided INFJ.

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
No offense to sly, but that was an entirely unscientific typing of someone and was entirely unconvincing:

This could be any INxx type. It could even be an ISxP or ENxP type. And probably others.

Delighting his peers sounds like Fe to me. Could not be, but it's surely not definitively T, whatever that means.

This could well be right. But again, he could be an ISxP. It only hints to an intuitive function.

If that was supposed to convince me, that is unbelievably naive of you. That wasn't even an in depth look at Hitler who, even in passing, sounds like a misguided INFJ.
Even if the evidence does not point to INTP, they certainly do not point to INFJ, who are usually thought of as obedient (pleasing their teachers), and studious in their studies (certainly not "lazy" and "uncooperative"). Also, mistaking an INFJ for ISFP is understandable considering how an INFJ might have an ISFP sibling or child. Thank you.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Even if the evidence does not point to INTP, they certainly do not point to INFJ, who are usually thought of as obedient (pleasing their teachers), and studious in their studies (certainly not "lazy" and "uncooperative"). Also, mistaking an INFJ for ISFP is also understandable considering how an INFJ might have an ISFP sibling or child. Thank you.
When I was younger, I wasn't always obedient and often was and still am to some extent lax in my studying habits. Am I mistyped? I also have an ISFP sister. Am I an ISFP too?

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
When I was younger, I wasn't always obedient and often was and still am to some extent lax in my studying habits. Am I mistyped? I also have an ISFP sister. Am I an ISFP too?
Not sure, though considering how you typed Ron Paul as ISFP (who I think is INTJ), is it possible that you are INTJ? Your sister might have helped you develop your feeling side to a greater extent than other thinkers. Thank you.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Not sure, though considering how you typed Ron Paul as ISFP (who I think is INTJ), is it possible that you are INTJ? Your sister might have helped you develop your feeling side to a greater extent than other thinkers. Thank you.
My point was that your stereotypes aren't reliable indicators of type. And just because you (incorrectly) typed Ron Paul as an INTJ, that has nothing to do with my type.

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
My point was that your stereotypes aren't reliable indicators of type. And just because you (incorrectly) typed Ron Paul as an INTJ, that has nothing to do with my type.
INTJ cannot be ruled out for Ron Paul, and INTJ shares Te and Fi with ISFP, which might be how you typed Ron as ISFP. Even though you considered him to be IN (as in INFJ), an IN with Fi can only be INTJ. Thank you.

1 - 20 of 90 Posts