Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
INFJ, SoCom, hands-on, physical intimacy, Energy being, Project Career Temp, Wisdom Growth Temp
4,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Banned
549 Posts

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
Hitler was an INFJ... People should stop being stupid. Maybe an ENFJ. But NOT an NT.

Romney is an ISTJ. He's a very far shout from INTP.

·
Registered
INFJ, SoCom, hands-on, physical intimacy, Energy being, Project Career Temp, Wisdom Growth Temp
4,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What exactly has led you to conclude that Romney is INTP? I don't really know much about him, nor have I seen a lot of news broadcasts of him, but he doesn't seem very INTP to me.
Romney is INTP (Ti>Ne>Si>Fe), with introversion being his need to be alone to recharge and think things through. The perceiving function is evident in his laid-back attitude, as well as having an openness to more options and time before making a decision. The Ti is evident in his ambition to be president, as well as having a logical mind. The intution shows when he uses his charm while interacting with supporters, as well as predicting trends and possibilities in regards to the election campaign. The Si means Romney can be very practical and take things in a step-by-step process. The Fe, while still developing, can be found in his willingness to help people. Thank you.

Could people please give reasons for what makes them think Romney is something other than INTP? Also, if you want to debate Hitler's personality, please use the appropriate thread listed in the opening. Thank you.

·
MOTM August 2012
3,467 Posts
Yea definitely a Fi/Te type. Probably ISTJ or ESTJ. In fact his lack of Fe is one of his defining characteristics (it's the reason he's seen as not being a 'true conservative' and unable to fit in, especially compared to uber-Fe Bachmann and Santorum). I think his Fi (possibly inferior Fi even) is one of the reasons he gets labelled by some as lacking in (observable) principles and an 'empty-suit.' I could easily see how Fe-types (many of whom make up the rank and file of the conservative establishment) could perceive him that way.

I think everything is his past, especially his role at Bain and his role on the Olympics suggests an Extraverted Thinking type. I don't know if I'd call him a Si-dom though, but he's very disciplined in a very Te-way.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Imo, he doesn't seem hardcore and energetic enough to be ESTJ. ESTJ would be someone like Bill O'Reilly. Romney kinda reminds me of one lady I know who I've typed as ISTJ. Basically, he's too pleasant to be an ESTJ.

Fi has nothing to do with his lack of conservatism. Conservatives just don't like that he raised taxes and socialized healthcare inside his state, legalized gay marriage, and supported abortion rights.

·
Registered
4,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Imo, he doesn't seem hardcore and energetic enough to be ESTJ. ESTJ would be someone like Bill O'Reilly. Romney kinda reminds me of one lady I know who I've typed as ISTJ. Basically, he's too pleasant to be an ESTJ.

Fi has nothing to do with his lack of conservatism. Conservatives just don't like that he raised taxes and socialized healthcare inside his state, legalized gay marriage, and supported abortion rights.
ESTJ can also be very nice and eager to help. ISTJ often comes across as very serious and down-to-earth, which is very unlike Romney, though I would not be surprised that his presidential campaign manager is an ISTJ. Thank you for commenting.

·
Registered
585 Posts
ESTJs (and anyone else) can be "nice." But ESTJs are very driven -- and imo somewhat intimidating. ESTJs make good bullies if they choose to be. Romney seems like one of the most harmless guys you'll ever meet.

And Sparky, frankly I don't trust your typings very much. I was scrolling back on this subforum a little while ago and came across your GOP Candidates thread, and I think you still need to work the kinks out of your typing system. It doesn't seem particularly logical or accurate. Even your quotes above about "charm" signifying Ne show that you are still a good bit off.

Sparky said:
ISTJ often comes across as very serious and down-to-earth
ISTJs are serious, yes. But down-to-earth, hell no.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Down-to-earth would probably be someone with Se, Ni, and preferably with both of them near the middle for a healthy balance (ISFP, ISTP, ENTJ, ENFJ). ISTJs get hung up on dumb details and lose the big picture.

·
Registered
4,382 Posts
Down-to-earth would probably be someone with Se, Ni, and preferably with both of them near the middle for a healthy balance (ISFP, ISTP, ENTJ, ENFJ). ISTJs get hung up on dumb details and lose the big picture.
Based on my experiences with these types, not true overall. The higher Ni of ENXJs can make them come off as quite non-conformist and far from down to earth (some people might feel very uncomfortable around them) if it is strong in them, as they would use it to "parent" others (this is what the function in the aux. position does - and yes, believe me, I've seen some "unique parenting" from these types...very unique - to the point that others might have trouble taking them seriously), while the aux. Se of the ISXPs can make them seem a bit...fixated on environmental concerns that are a bit Ni in nature (as in, they will sometimes use the environment to confirm deeper implications in rather non-conformist ways that might cause others to have trouble taking them seriously also)...it depends on what you mean by down-to-earth. In my opinion, the Si doms seem like the most down-to-earth of all types, since they take the real world quite seriously and are unlikely to make anyone feel uncomfortable with reality, as they tend to unless they have their trusty Si experiences to feel more secure (people would probably view Si as trustworthy in various areas). Personally, I don't ultimately think there is one type that is more down-to-earth than the rest, as this would totally depend on one's upbringing and whatnot. If anything though, the Ni types are unlikely to be perceived as down-to-earth if the function is evident enough in them, which varies per person of any Ni type, which makes sense considering how weird most people view the function to begin with.

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
INTP, ISTJ...you serious? He's a model ENTJ. He speaks like an extrovert would speak; this is proven through his biography, which states that his social skills were highly regarded as exceptional. During debates and interviews, he speaks through abstraction, sharing his plans and visions to the audience, not particularly storing information spoken by other candidates and remembering to immaturely accuse them for saying this or that, but rather re-defining the traditional definition of a leader and the commander-in-chief, angering and puzzling a large crowd of traditionalists/conservatives/SJs. He also, as a governor and CEO, shared his (master)plan with the world and followed through it as best as he can, therefore making it a success. Prior to becoming the governor of Mass., he announced plans of restoring the state and followed through it. He probably exhibits a bit of an illusion of being seen as an ESTJ due to his bond to the Republican party (which is loaded with SJ-ness). But it also helps to remember that he's actually a moderate. A typical ESTJ would be Bill O'Reilly.

·
MOTM August 2012
3,467 Posts
INTP, ISTJ...you serious? He's a model ENTJ. He speaks like an extrovert would speak; this is proven through his biography, which states that his social skills were highly regarded as exceptional. During debates and interviews, he speaks through abstraction, sharing his plans and visions to the audience, not particularly storing information spoken by other candidates and remembering to immaturely accuse them for saying this or that, but rather re-defining the traditional definition of a leader and the commander-in-chief, angering and puzzling a large crowd of traditionalists/conservatives/SJs. He also, as a governor and CEO, shared his (master)plan with the world and followed through it as best as he can, therefore making it a success. Prior to becoming the governor of Mass., he announced plans of restoring the state and followed through it. He probably exhibits a bit of an illusion of being seen as an ESTJ due to his bond to the Republican party (which is loaded with SJ-ness). But it also helps to remember that he's actually a moderate. A typical ESTJ would be Bill O'Reilly.
This all sounds Kiersey-ish. There's not really much here to define ENTJ or ESTJ. Both can have pronounced intuitive abilities. And his strong Te isn't really be disputed (other than by the OP).

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
This all sounds Kiersey-ish. There's not really much here to define ENTJ or ESTJ. Both can have pronounced intuitive abilities. And his strong Te isn't really be disputed (other than by the OP).
If you look at some of the debates on YouTube, you can clearly see that the SJ-ish candidates doesn't cross that "iNtuitive" line while speaking in terms where everybody can easily comprehend within that boundary, whereas Romney takes a step forward and crosses that line, while, with his social skills, speaking to an audience with the ability to translate abstract concepts into layman terms. There's no point in arguing his actual type unless he announced to take the MBTI and share his result with the world and we guess using our intuition. The only way to get the best answer is to intuitively understand his type, and that is what I'm doing, by viewing countless videos of him in debates, interviews, late night shows.

As for his thinking function, he tends show more of Te than Ti. He could be acting as a Te for show. Who knows, he might be an ENTP, but that is unlikely upon reviewing his resume.

·
Registered
4,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
...Romney takes a step forward and crosses that line, while, with his social skills, speaking to an audience with the ability to translate abstract concepts into layman terms.
Your remark about Romney's "ability to translate abstract concepts into layman terms" is very interesting, because Abraham Lincoln is also said to have possessed an extraordinary skill to reduce complex ideas into simple metaphors or stories that the common people could understand. Reducing complexity to its core is an indication of the analytical Ti. Thank you.

I think Barack Obama might be ENTJ, and his wife (Michelle Obama) appears INTP.

1 - 20 of 116 Posts