Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
1,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Its a very deep and intresting asking i mean her.

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
Well, I love history so I want to say no, but . . . where I live we would have been subject to attacks by bandits, various native american tribes(they and the U.S. soldiers could both be sickingly brutal to each other), desert would bake you or . . . actually flood you, . . . I just realized you may not have mean that far back . . . sorry.

·
Registered
294 Posts
crazy video I posted about that exact topic on your other thread an hour before this was posted.

In response to you asking ppls opinion on adderall I wrote:

"Im no expert but don't think ancient humans had as many disorders or needed as much medicating as the modern day man.. The way society is set up is unnatural and therefore we lack the grounding needed to maintain a healthy mind body existence. This is extreme- but picture a group of tigers conditioned to get up every day at 5 am get stuck in traffic for an hour and a half to sit at a desk for 9 hours a day drive back in rush hour traffic to get home exhausted only to eat sleep and do it all again the next day (not to mention all that societal pressure)... Not being in their natural habitat & not existing as they were meant to exist is bound to create array of unnatural disorders that "need" medicating. Medicating would thus "help" the sad/anxious/ "mentally ill" tigers carry on the artificial life "society" manufactured for them ... But that's just my opinion."

I love the video though.. depicts the msg.

Cheers and your welcome ;)

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
I believe that social media destroys the happiness of too many. I'm way happier since I severely limited my use of it. :)

·
Banned
1,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Are modern people healthy for a society?
ENTP don't switch subject.
I know you want chaos and take it power by that but not with me.

An normal attack don't affect an spectral in pokémon , you need to swtich stratégie before playing sweep , i hope you have a stall to play bulky tanky or you gonna loosy my friendly ENTPY

·
Registered
572 Posts
I think it's amazing. Pre-industrial times were like 1000x harder to live in than the modern era.

·
Her Royal ESFPness
2,879 Posts
what a wonderful film, thank you for sharing

I think if we had all lived through history we'd be more than glad to be where we are today despite all the bad bits.

·
Registered
572 Posts
To be honest, your statement may be true. Let's talk about people though. 100 years ago people didn't have as much safety nets provided by their governments. Everyday life sure is easier thanks to welfare, but psychologically it teaches people to take something in exchange for nothing. To not care about their future as much since all is safe and ensured.

·
Banned
1,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
To be honest, your statement may be true. Let's talk about people though. 100 years ago people didn't have as much safety nets provided by their governments. Everyday life sure is easier thanks to welfare, but psychologically it teaches people to take something in exchange for nothing. To not care about their future as much since all is safe and ensured.
So what the solution for you ?

·
Soop for the Soul
1,741 Posts
Society is changing faster than we can physically adapt to it, obviously that will subconsciously (or less often consciously) cause a lot of people some mental distress.

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
No, but then again, society has never been good for mental health. Life has always sucked, but it's gradually gotten better over time. I doubt it'll ever be near perfect though.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Lazy or weak people before the development of modern day society probably wouldn't have lasted.. Theres so much we could talk about right now, I mean think about it- the world population in the just 1700s was 700 million, today world population is 7 BILLION. I mean it might not be obvious but even the folks in the welfare system/ living in poverty contribute indirectly.. Sorry to say this but "crime pays" in a sense- in the sense that it creates jobs, police, security officers, security system manufacturers, lawyers, judges, administrators just to name a few! My argument is just that the way society is set up these days is not healthy psychologically. Its making people live longer sure, but at what expense? Preservatives help food last longer too.

·
Registered
572 Posts
So what the solution for you ?
I think there's a large cultural barrier - which has been in construction for very long - to pass. The first step would be to give people who don't want to be involved in Social Security the possibility to opt out. Then, sadly, uphold the system from taxes, and gradually abolish it. And I don't say private life insurance is the best, to be honest, it'd be nice if people just quit associating being elderly with being unable to work and deserving help from every member of the society. Families should voluntarily help their elderly and if they don't want to do so, then they should have raised their loved ones better. Sounds crazy but 100 years ago most of modern solutions seemed crazy to hear about.

·
Banned
16 Posts
no it's not, but it is in all seriousness better than all the other solutions available to us, that's why everyone does it.
now of course that may indeed be changing in real time, but change is inevitable.

·
Registered
ISTJ, 6w5 sx/so, 613 Tritype
2,455 Posts
It's far from healthy. One type of people are idealised to death and gets all the praise, for simply being lucky for who they are, but then there is another group in opposite contrary.

The society is overly concerned about imposing extremely high standards on others, and those who dont accomodate are "Weak" and "insignificant".

1 - 20 of 20 Posts