Personality Cafe banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am very sure about the INT... and then not sure about J/P preference. I think, whatever it is, the preference is low and she might just be "borderline" J/P.

- J/INTJ :
she's much more organized than I
When she recently moved in her new place, she quickly figured out each object its new place.
she prefers taking time to be ready and be very much ready over getting ready quickly and forgetting things
she never forgets anything
she's HIGHLY sarcastic. Even much more than I. She's even better than I at recognizing the stupid illogical things people say.
She's not that spontaneous.
She's a detail person.
Her place is always clean and neat.

P/INTP :
she's very slow for everything
she's always late everywhere, even more than I
she's not controling
it takes her 100 years to tell a story of something that happened to her because she needs to tell you all the details to the point it's boring.

Other signs :
She's very calm and detached in any situation.
She is good at observing people and analyzing on a global level what happens but very bad with reading people. I am a thinker too but I do much better than her. She always think I am spinning when i come up with a "people reading" she didn't get at first but usually I am right. It takes her time to see it.

What do you think? What else could I observe to know?

477 Posts
I am very sure about the INT... and then not sure about J/P preference. I think, whatever it is, the preference is low and she might just be "borderline" J/P.

- J/INTJ :
she's much more organized than I
When she recently moved in her new place, she quickly figured out each object its new place.
she prefers taking time to be ready and be very much ready over getting ready quickly and forgetting things
she never forgets anything
she's HIGHLY sarcastic. Even much more than I. She's even better than I at recognizing the stupid illogical things people say.
She's not that spontaneous.
She's a detail person.
Her place is always clean and neat.

P/INTP :
she's very slow for everything
she's always late everywhere, even more than I
she's not controling
it takes her 100 years to tell a story of something that happened to her because she needs to tell you all the details to the point it's boring.

Other signs :
She's very calm and detached in any situation.
She is good at observing people and analyzing on a global level what happens but very bad with reading people. I am a thinker too but I do much better than her. She always think I am spinning when i come up with a "people reading" she didn't get at first but usually I am right. It takes her time to see it.

What do you think? What else could I observe to know?
I agree, she sounds like a definite J to me.

By the way, going over all the mundane details of a story is probably more J (actually, it is an S trait more than anything), and recognizing discrepancies in people's logic is a specialty of NTP's. And about being slow / late to things... an INTJ is never late, they arrive precisely when they mean to!:tongue:

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
One thing is sure, she's not sensing. But she's probably less intuitive than I.She's much more down-to-earth than I. But she's very much NT.

No she doesn't get upset when things don't get according to her plans. She's a very calm and "zen" person.
But I think her complicated personal history explains her cool -> mother's depression and suicides when she was a little child. She learned to separate things in her mind. She went to school on a very cool way, very detached way, even though she saw her mom trying to suicide when she left home and even though she wasn't sure her mom would be alive when she gets back (but she came very early to a point where she thoughts that the death of her mom would make her life easier). She then worked at school as if nothing happened and was one of the best student in her class. Today she still wonders how she could behave like this. I think it just had to do with a defense survival behavior. Maybe that's one reason why she's still very calm today. She went through so many things.

We get extraordinarly well along. That's why I first tought she was INTP. We're like the same person except I am more active, quickier, more spontaneous, less organized, more messy, and I am much more a people-person than her. Other than that we have the same opinion on everything. This also happens with an other INTJ female friend.
Maybe she's more attracted to "bad boys" or artsy types than I also. She's a bit perfectionnist also.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No more doubts she's an INTJ now... :) She still sucks at time management. But I think this comes from her effort to things right.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Thats true for both types.

Still, overall, sounds INTJ for me.

Reactions: Callie
1 - 9 of 9 Posts