Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
My best friend is curious about these things but idk her answer to the questionnaire so I'll just give some of her characteristics here!

1. One time, she asked me "which one you like best so or so?" and I don't like it so I went "shut up", it was in a group setting so many people was there, regardless, she has NOO hesitation in saying "So this is all about you now? I thought I asked the group?" even if we're best friend she has no hesitation in saying that xD

2. Ever since she was a child her favorite question is "why?" and "how?", one time, her mom told me that when she was small she went "why is salt salty?" or now she went "is fire really burning?" or "is air really floating?"

3. When she is focused she could shut off people completely, when she was watching an intense movie and I called her three times she didn't even response, and at the end I went, "why did you ignore me?" and she's like "WHAT? WHENNN?"

4. When we were caught breaking the rules, one of our teacher was looking for us all around the school and everyone was freaking out she just went "oh so that's what happened when we break the rules, ok cool" and went back to her phone, but she did ask about the details about what happened when he was chasing us and all lol

5. One time, though, when she was like five? a kit flew through her house and got stuck, and she CRIED because the kite can't come back home to it's family (?)

6. One time, we went back to back from building a to building b about two times in our school because she don't know what to do, and she tends to get side-tracked, unless she's super focused

7. She doesn't hesitate to express her disagreement, not hesitating to roll her eyes at the teacher because she thinks she's not wrong

8. She is good at cleaning, like formal cleaning such as wiping, laundry, etc. BUT she is very dense, one time she was holding her phone, she puts it beside a carpet, and it was LITERALLY GONE but then turns out it's beneath the carpet by some unknown force ...? and once I found her glasses in her wardrobe on top of the clothing stacks and I went "why?" and she went "oh I need to take off my glasses then, so it's there, i think?" even though a table is right beside her

9. When she gets mad she explodes, say EXTREMELY rude things (which my whole friend group think is awfully true, though, like that time she said "so this is all about you?") and after that I apologized and she went "Oh, sorry I was watching a movie !! lol" and back to normal

10. One time, our friends are having this emotional circle and we thought about likes and dislikes towards each other and when we expressed our dislikes towards her she just laughed and said, "I like seeing emotional things, so this is what happened when I do ---" and our friend just went "BUT WE'RE EMOTIONAL?!" and she just laughed

11. BUUUUTTTT she's not tomboy like most ISTP (I guess..?) She doesn't like girl stuff, but not boy stuff either, it's like a whole new level of weird so we just call it "her stuff", like when she's on vacation you'd expect a keychain or something but then she bought something completely abnormal, at Universal Studios she bought PLAYING CARDS and I'm just ???

12. She is quite assertive when at first asking us to hang out because we lack the element of "fun" or something? but then we insist on having all of our gang members there and of course it's hard, so she just when "If you don't want to do this and you regret, don't blame me" and stopped and she's kinda true cause we regret it a bit

13. She wants a guy who isn't "flashy"? because it's a waste of time? Idk

14. She has zerooo empathy level sense thing, she just can't!

15. She's friendly but she don't like having too many friends? She doesn't like the spotlight

16. She had a fight with this guy once, and many people at school gossiped about her then and she just went "but I don't care because my future husband isn't from this school?" and I went "but it still hurts?" and she went "No, because I don't intend to stay connected with them later on? why should it hurt?"

17. She doesn't cry at goodbyes if she feels she doesn't need to, she just laughed and smiled

18. Generally she doesn't cry unless she feels she needs to

19. She approach strangers only when she needs, but she's not the type to chat the cashier or smile and wave to people on the streets cause it's a waste of time?

20. She stubbornly believes on something, like the "future husband not from school" thing, even if there's no evidence

21. Sometimes, she know the answer to something without knowing why or how, like in math quiz it was like really hard and only super smart people know the answer, and (me and her, actually lol) know the answer by instinct, and when asked to explain why we don't know, but hers happen more frequently though

22. She's good with words, she's good in Humanities because the teacher likes long answers and she can do that lol

I REALLY APPRECIATE ANY COMMENTS !! THANK YOUUUUUUUUUU !!

If she isn't ISTP, is she maybe INTP? or any type? HEEEEELLLLPPP!!

Registered
Damn that was hard to get thru.

Assuming that was for real yeah I think it sounds like alot of ISTP stuff on some level (but really alot of that could be a few other types as well).

Registered
Doesn't sound very ISTP to me, but I'm no expert.

She sounds like more of a Judger type. Regularly correcting others, arguing, and eye rolling aren't typical ISTP behavior. We do these things, but we're far more likely to let you believe your own fallacies and shake our heads when you crash and burn. If it's a really important situation, I'll probably offer a casual warning, but it has to be pretty dangerous for me to forcefully stop you from doing/believing something stupid. Most of the time, I'm amused by the dumb problems people create for themselves.

Our personal "rules" are usually written in wet concrete, not stone, and don't really apply to others, except in the sense that they might interfere with my own happiness or goals. Judging you based on my set of rules is, at best, just a way to categorize you efficiently. I don't really care if you follow my rules, unless you try to step on my toes. "Don't tread on me," is raw ISTP thinking. I like doing my own thing, and will react badly toward your interference, regardless of your rationalizations.

Not sure what the card purchase has to do with personality type. Maybe she wanted to play solitaire because you guys were boring?

ISTPs don't lack empathy, we just don't put any real emphasis on it. Most people that are close to ISTPs know that we can be very empathetic and pick up on others' emotions very quickly, but we're horribly uncomfortable with things that are unreliable and unpredictable, and keep those things at arm's length. I know when my INFJ's emotions are simmering, but most of the time it's easier to play dumb, than spend hours appeasing her need for attention -- even more so with people I don't care about.

Other types can be much colder towards others, because once you've done something that strikes a nerve, they write you off forever. ISTPs tend to ignore your idiotic behavior and existence, while certain other types will disregard your humanity completely -- aka Unit 731. ISTPs rank very low on the serial killer/murderer scale compared to other types, because it's so difficult to get us that emotionally worked up over others' misbehavior, or to make us completely cold to others. (That, and we're procrastinators and too lazy to clean up the mess afterward.) From an ISTP viewpoint, until you impress me, I'm going to assume you're an idiot, so it's difficult to disappoint me later.

ISTPs like their space, and their projects. Being young and in school isn't always conducive to either, but there's usually a strong hint that the ISTP doesn't care if you're around or not. They'll read a book at a restaurant or a party, or fiddle with something interesting while everyone else is chattering and dancing. If we find someone that knows a topic that we're interested in, we'll spend the time talking to that person, completely ignoring our friends.

Even at the ripe old age of forty-mumble, I can count the number of times I've called someone just to hang out without a purpose -- nevermind, if I've done that, I don't remember it. I might call someone to ask them a question and get dragged into hanging out, or drop off something and end up having a few beers, but begging others to have a party doesn't really work for me.

While we can have our talkative moments, ISTPs are notorious for grunts and one-word answers that leave people expecting more:
"Should I wear this dress or that one?". "Mmm." (End of response, until prodded.)
"Do you remember the address of that supplier?" "Yes." (End of response, until prodded.)
"Godzilla's rampaging through the city, we have to get out of here!" "Mngh." (W/shrug, pulling a pillow over our head to get a couple extra minutes of sleep, then jumping up to deal with the Godzilla problem when he gets too close to our stuff.)

As a wild, and mostly useless guess, I'd lean toward your friend being an INTJ, because of the judging qualities, the willingness to hang out with a few core friends regularly, and the overly-rational, intuitive logic that makes her behave in a sometimes cold, unorthodox, "weird" manner, and look a bit "dense" when she's focused.

Registered
Doesn't sound very ISTP to me, but I'm no expert.

She sounds like more of a Judger type. Regularly correcting others, arguing, and eye rolling aren't typical ISTP behavior. We do these things, but we're far more likely to let you believe your own fallacies and shake our heads when you crash and burn.
Yeah good point

Registered
She sounds like more of a Judger type. Regularly correcting others, arguing, and eye rolling aren't typical ISTP behavior. We do these things, but we're far more likely to let you believe your own fallacies and shake our heads when you crash and burn. If it's a really important situation, I'll probably offer a casual warning, but it has to be pretty dangerous for me to forcefully stop you from doing/believing something stupid. Most of the time, I'm amused by the dumb problems people create for themselves.
That made me chuckle because I just got done explaining this to someone. Great post @JB Nobody.

Reactions: JB Nobody
1 - 5 of 5 Posts