Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sorry this came out really long, just skim it please

at first i thought he was an ESTJ, but then im with him for a while and confirm he has Ti-Fe instead
he didnt strike me as an ESTP at first cuz well, he was kinda conservative and he just wasnt that cool, but the more i know him the more i realize hes actually open-minded and maybe hes just a mature estp
so is it because hes a mature estp that make me think hes an ENTP is what i wonder myself
he likes songs with abstract lyrics, he likes rap and Imagine Dragons, he sometimes just wants to talk at night and while i cant remember what exactly he has talked about but it a little leans on the deep side
and he digs abstract books and think i dont read books and im dumb, which to my belief an ESTP would not think youre dumb and dont read books cuz you like parties and clothes and makeup, cuz they will be open to if you have a smart side, cuz thats what they are, they have a smart side although they seem to not and so its possible for them to believe others do too
now is he Se or Ne? well he displays more Se than Ne, but later on i find out hes not as good as some sports as i thought he was lol, like before i knew how to play ping pong, i looked at him playing and thought that he was good, but now that ive had experienced in playing it, i find out hes just, meh, hes the weakest among his sports friends
i think him developing physical skills is as part of his parents abandoning him so he has to take care of yourself, and you cant be an intuitive dreamer if you want to take care of yourself, so he develops a survivor personality and that makes him seem like an ESTP
body language wise, he doesnt act like my ENTP friend, or the ENTPs i have seen on the internet, like ENTPs have that lazy arm thing, correct me if im wrong, not every ENTP is the same, but a lot of them has that lazy arm thing
and idk, its just the vibes he gives me is that of an ENTP, i guess its normal for them to have similar vibes
one big plus, is that he hugely reminds me of my ENTP ex boyfriend-ish, and not of my ESTP classmate

·
Banned
4,281 Posts
Wow , by your description, I am sure happy I am not an ESTP.
I am also not happy I am an ENTP by that description.

Hard to say really. Hes too clean to be an ENTP?
or hes not good enough at sports to be an ESTP??

Well I was always one of the best at sports and my personal hygiene and style is awesome.
So I break that mold I suppose?

I am about as ENTP as they come so I dont really follow your method for
deciding the type.

Here's an idea. Just have him take the test.
That seems like the most reasonable approach.

Failing that, you need to give a better and more articulate rundown
on some of his behavioral patterns. Not observations. Patterns.

Thanks and good luck!

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
sorry this came out really long, just skim it please

1)at first i thought he was an ESTJ, but then im with him for a while and confirm he has Ti-Fe instead
he didnt strike me as an ESTP at first cuz well, he was kinda conservative and he just wasnt that cool, but the more i know him the more i realize hes actually open-minded and maybe hes just a mature estp

2)so is it because hes a mature estp that make me think hes an ENTP is what i wonder myself

3)he likes songs with abstract lyrics, he likes rap and Imagine Dragons, he sometimes just wants to talk at night and while i cant remember what exactly he has talked about but it a little leans on the deep side

4)and he digs abstract books and think i dont read books and im dumb, which to my belief an ESTP would not think youre dumb and dont read books cuz you like parties and clothes and makeup, cuz they will be open to if you have a smart side, cuz thats what they are, they have a smart side although they seem to not and so its possible for them to believe others do too

5) now is he Se or Ne? well he displays more Se than Ne, but later on i find out hes not as good as some sports as i thought he was lol, like before i knew how to play ping pong, i looked at him playing and thought that he was good, but now that ive had experienced in playing it, i find out hes just, meh, hes the weakest among his sports friends

6)i think him developing physical skills is as part of his parents abandoning him so he has to take care of yourself, and you cant be an intuitive dreamer if you want to take care of yourself, so he develops a survivor personality and that makes him seem like an ESTP

7)body lapnguage wise, he doesnt act like my ENTP friend, or the ENTPs i have seen on the internet, like ENTPs have that lazy arm thing, correct me if im wrong, not every ENTP is the same, but a lot of them has that lazy arm thing

8)and idk, its just the vibes he gives me is that of an ENTP, i guess its normal for them to have similar vibes

9)one big plus, is that he hugely reminds me of my ENTP ex boyfriend-ish, and not of my ESTP classmate
1) Kind of conservative? I am kind of conservative. I also know liberal, leftist ESTJs. I don't really understand what this or being cool have to do with MBTI? Or are you implying that SJs can't be open minded so therefore your partner isn't an ESTJ?

2)Why would a mature ESTP seem like an ENTP? They are entirely two different types. One is an energetic doer and the other is an abstract thinker.

3) Most guys I know like rap music. Everyone I know likes Imagine Dragons. These things are not type specific. I'm surprised you think they are. Also when you say "deep" how deep do you mean? Like when my INTP partner and I go deep we talk about quantum multiverses and string theory. I still have to meet an ESTP who is into that stuff. If it's just general deep stuff, I'm sure he could be any type.

4)(Your English is killing me) Again, define abstract. There is a fundamental difference between abstract intelligence and "being smart." I believe that people who value abstract intelligence are more likely to read books since that is the only way to acquire knowledge. This is applicable to all types. I read all kinds of science and mathematical literature. My ISTP brother has a collection of books on chess strategy that are pretty dog eared. So you see? Not type related. I think overall it would be hard to find any person with a serious passion to not have read books about their area of interest.

As far as "being smart" goes, every type is smart. Though I personally wouldn't judge based on liking "parties, clothes and makeup." One of the sharpest people I know is an ESFJ. What exactly makes you think other ENTPs are going to judge you as being dumb for not reading books? You confuse me.

5)"Displays more Se than Ne" - ESTP. Case closed.

What makes you think that ESTPs have to be sports masters? Do you also happen to think that only NTPs can be abstract thinkers? There is so much stereotyping going on, it's making my eyes bleed.

6) The bolded: Is this how you see ENTPs? Do you genuinely believe that we're incapable of taking care of ourselves? That we need to become ESTPs to survive??

7)What on earth is a "lazy arm thing"?

8)Vibes? I'm sorry, but your siggy says you're an STP. "Vibes" isn't really Ti language

9) Sure, because all ENTPs are supposed to remind you of "that one ENTP dude" and all ESTPs are supposed to remind of "that one ESTP dude".

It's after writing this out that I realized that your ill conceived idea of a post isn't worth such a well thought out response. Well, I guess this is how I waste my life.

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
I believe he was joking and you got trolled :laughing:

@salt What is this lazy arm thing though ??? I can lift my body weight over my head so my ENTP arms are not lazy :dry:

Reactions: Geonerd

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
i'm not sure if saying "what?' to an apparently nonsensical sentence counts as being trolled
Maybe where the OP is from all the ENTPs got an arm caught in a corn head and now have a lazy arm.
I don'k know :exterminate:

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
1) Kind of conservative? I am kind of conservative. I also know liberal, leftist ESTJs. I don't really understand what this or being cool have to do with MBTI? Or are you implying that SJs can't be open minded so therefore your partner isn't an ESTJ?

2)Why would a mature ESTP seem like an ENTP? They are entirely two different types. One is an energetic doer and the other is an abstract thinker.

3) Most guys I know like rap music. Everyone I know likes Imagine Dragons. These things are not type specific. I'm surprised you think they are. Also when you say "deep" how deep do you mean? Like when my INTP partner and I go deep we talk about quantum multiverses and string theory. I still have to meet an ESTP who is into that stuff. If it's just general deep stuff, I'm sure he could be any type.

4)(Your English is killing me) Again, define abstract. There is a fundamental difference between abstract intelligence and "being smart." I believe that people who value abstract intelligence are more likely to read books since that is the only way to acquire knowledge. This is applicable to all types. I read all kinds of science and mathematical literature. My ISTP brother has a collection of books on chess strategy that are pretty dog eared. So you see? Not type related. I think overall it would be hard to find any person with a serious passion to not have read books about their area of interest.

As far as "being smart" goes, every type is smart. Though I personally wouldn't judge based on liking "parties, clothes and makeup." One of the sharpest people I know is an ESFJ. What exactly makes you think other ENTPs are going to judge you as being dumb for not reading books? You confuse me.

5)"Displays more Se than Ne" - ESTP. Case closed.

What makes you think that ESTPs have to be sports masters? Do you also happen to think that only NTPs can be abstract thinkers? There is so much stereotyping going on, it's making my eyes bleed.

6) The bolded: Is this how you see ENTPs? Do you genuinely believe that we're incapable of taking care of ourselves? That we need to become ESTPs to survive??

7)What on earth is a "lazy arm thing"?

8)Vibes? I'm sorry, but your siggy says you're an STP. "Vibes" isn't really Ti language

9) Sure, because all ENTPs are supposed to remind you of "that one ENTP dude" and all ESTPs are supposed to remind of "that one ESTP dude".

It's after writing this out that I realized that your ill conceived idea of a post isn't worth such a well thought out response. Well, I guess this is how I waste my life.
general theme to your reply is im a stereotype ho, my english sucks and i dont give a second thought to my post
totally guilty and sorry for that
i dont fixate on stereotypes but when im typing people its just what i base on to make it quicker so i can move on to other things, cuz if im to apply the “everything is possible” mindset (introverts can be social leader, sensors can love reading philosophy books) then it just goes on forever and i cant get an answer that is not important to spend such long time on
my english is decent, im just bad at writing in general, used to get the lowest scores in high school, its just hard to deliver my full thoughts
now move on to the numbers
2. why a mature estp seems like an entp? cuz estps become more interested with deeper and more abstract things as they get older as part of developing their Ti and Ni, thats what i see in other ESTPs and in myself
3. tho i dont remeber the specific, i remember its just general deep stuff, not science theories lol
4. yeah entps dont judge people easily, only insecure ones do
5. some estps are only the best at certain sports, maybe hes not that good at ping pong cuz he has poor hand-eye coordination, but nails soccer cuz his foot coordination is good? lol i gotta test it out
6. not that you guys need to become estp, but your mind will def become more physical oriented, and you finally know how to cook or something? just what i meant
7. lmao i know this gonna be the only thing yall care about
lazy arm thing - when youre talking while standing and you use your hand and arm to gesture your words, you make really soft and minimal gestures, and then your arm drops like it dont care about nothing
8. yeah “vibes” is not Ti language, but it screams Se, dont you think?
9. yeah kind of my method, i know everyone is different, but i mean, its legit to some degree

·
Banned
4,281 Posts
lazy arm thing - when youre talking while standing and you use your hand and arm to gesture your words, you make really soft and minimal gestures, and then your arm drops like it dont care about nothing
O thats not why we do that. We do that because we just realized we wasted
our breath on someone who clearly does not get it.
Lets call it the "I give the fuck up ....arm drop"
or maybe "Yeah this person is that daft ...arm drop"
Or maybe "Yeah I just wasted that time ....arm drop"

Think of it like this; instead of saying the above we just drop that arm like its hot.
Save having to tell someone they are less than what we may have originally thought.
At least in as far as the conversation we where involved in.

FYI. I dont know if I do the arm drop. I will keep my wits about my body language
for a bit to see if I do.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
O thats not why we do that. We do that because we just realized we wasted
our breath on someone who clearly does not get it.
Lets call it the "I give the fuck up ....arm drop"
or maybe "Yeah this person is that daft ...arm drop"
Or maybe "Yeah I just wasted that time ....arm drop"

Think of it like this; instead of saying the above we just drop that arm like its hot.
Save having to tell someone they are less than what we may have originally thought.
At least in as far as the conversation we where involved in.

FYI. I dont know if I do the arm drop. I will keep my wits about my body language
for a bit to see if I do.
yall do it when talking about anything to literally anyone or when doing presentations, and i find it weird cuz rarely ppl do that, and when i see someone do it all the time they turn out to know what mbti is and they always entp

·
Registered
251 Posts
and you finally know how to cook or something?
I'm an excellent cook. One of my favorite things to do.

You know what? I also have great hand-eye/foot-eye coordination too. I'm great at fighting sports, not an athlete at the moment, but have had a great skill level and natural knack for it in the past.

You're really pigeonholing us into some helpless category just because we are more creative/higher thinkers than ESTPs. Really jock vs nerd mentality.

Also, just because we don't bend over backward to please others like ESTPs doesn't mean we don't have style or social finesse.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm an excellent cook. One of my favorite things to do.

You know what? I also have great hand-eye/foot-eye coordination too. I'm great at fighting sports, not an athlete at the moment, but have had a great skill level and natural knack for it in the past.

You're really pigeonholing us into some helpless category just because we are more creative/higher thinkers than ESTPs. Really jock vs nerd mentality.

Also, just because we don't bend over backward to please others like ESTPs doesn't mean we don't have style or social finesse.
ok im sorry for stereotyping and you guys still drag me, im done,
its the fucking internet, when ppl apologize for their shit, you relax your ass hole and move on
and i dont understand what the last line has to do with what i have said, like completely out of place, pls explain

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yeah think so too at the moment

you know i always thought entps are likeable which is why i have had 2 entp bfs so far, but the ppl on here really circle jerking me man theyre literally “burn the bitch” on me for something i verbally said which i already verbally apologized, guess theyre just like arguing but like, its my first post on here and it turns out like this, guess i gotta reread my shit 10 times before posting cuz these guys are serious business man

·
Banned
8,873 Posts
yeah think so too at the moment

you know i always thought entps are likeable which is why i have had 2 entp bfs so far, but the ppl on here really circle jerking me man theyre literally “burn the bitch” on me for something i verbally said which i already verbally apologized, guess theyre just like arguing but like, its my first post on here and it turns out like this, guess i gotta reread my shit 10 times before posting cuz these guys are serious business man
Hahahahahahahhahah!! XD lol. Ignore those idiots. They're totally idiots. They actually don't know what they're talking about. Most people here are know-it-all. They speak first before understanding the situation. Because they think they're smart and everyone is dumb. Welcome! XD

But i think you should check this:

https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-difference-between-an-ENTP-and-an-ESTP

Better yet: check socionics:

entp (ILE)
http://www.sociotype.com/socionics/types/ILE-ENTp/subtypes/

Estp (SLE)
http://www.sociotype.com/socionics/types/SLE-ESTp/subtypes/

- Mbti typing can be really frustrating. XD check into socionics :) it's better than mbti. XD

·
Registered
251 Posts
You apologized for stereotyping and followed up with a pile of other stereotypes. I'm just throwing your own shit back at you.

I'm surprised you're so offended. Don't be so uptight, it's just the internet.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts