Personality Cafe banner

Is my boyfriend an ISFP, or something else?

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  februarystars 
Sounds to me like he could be ESFP too.

"He is not in your face, and he does not have a strong personality. He isn't hyper at all. He actually has a very calm personality, and soft spoken way of talking. In fact he can barely even yell at all, it just ends up sounding funny when he tries. His voice is relaxing. He isn't shy though; he is very personable and great at conversation, and he can talk your ear off. He can get along with and make friends with anyone. He is also always very optimistic, always joking and having fun, never pessimistic."

I think of ESFPs as being quite 'soft' personalities, despite being extroverts. Since they are both feelers and percievers, and their function order isn't really geared towards being mega outwardly opinionated. And they are usually described as fun loving, optimistic, easy to get on with etc. Perhaps a little more so than ISFPs (I tend to think of ISFP as a mix between optimism and cynicism). And I would usually think of ISFPs as appearing at least a bit shy, whereas ESFPs may not be (although of course this depends on the individual).

I guess it also depends if he gets more energy from Fi or Se. Does he generally need to have external stimulation (not necessarily socializing, but things like always listening to music, engaging in physical activity, moving from one activity to the next? Or does he more often need time alone and tranquility. ISFPs like tranquility with a little bit of Se activity to mix it up and ESFPs the other way round. (I think anyway)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.