1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'll get straight to the point here...

-Her MBTI is INFP , she is 22 and straight
-She shows traits of Narcissism and Sociopathy
-She is extremely charming and uses her charm to manipulate people and make others feel better about themselves
-She also has an inflated ego and thinks she is the most intelligent person around
-She is very apathetic, feels zero remorse, fakes emotions and is immature
-She always has a somewhat noticable negative facial expression despite her charm and current emotion and always looks like she's plotting something
-She is very greedy and will do anything to make a quick buck
-She is never self conscious and has little regard for what others think about her
-She is very cautious, cold, calculated and selfish, giving little regard to the well being, emotions, etc of others
-She is a compulsive liar and often lies about her past
-She never apoligizes
-She talks greatly about herself quite often and encourages others to do the same
-She strives for excellence, admiration and accomplishment
-She is fully aware of how her actions impact the lives of others
-She degrades people with well thought out insults, etc

And yes her behavior is consistent, I've noticed it ever since I met her.

I'm sorry if I missed anything and or made spelling/grammatical errors, I wrote this in a rush. :perc2:

·
Banned
3,255 Posts
She sounds like an immature person. Can't say I'd call her either a narcissist or sociopath though. Those two designations require consistent patterns of behaviour not listed. Merely being insulting, vain and greedy don't exactly add up. Just about everyone lacking maturity has an inflated ego and think they're the most intelligent person to grace the earth, it's neither novel or indicative of anything.

·
Registered
2,448 Posts

-She is extremely charming and uses her charm to manipulate people and make others feel better about themselves
-She also has an inflated ego and thinks she is the most intelligent person around
-She always has a somewhat noticable negative facial expression despite her charm and current emotion and always looks like she's plotting something
-She is never self conscious and has little regard for what others think about her
-She is very cautious, cold, calculated and selfish, giving little regard to the well being, emotions, etc of others
-She never apoligizes
-She talks greatly about herself quite often and encourages others to do the same

I'm sorry if I missed anything and or made spelling/grammatical errors, I wrote this in a rush. :perc2:

Your INFP friend has a frenemy who pretends to be her friend but secretly dislike her, poor her... It's always better to have no friends than to have a frenemy as a friend.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Your INFP friend has a frenemy who pretends to be her friend but secretly dislike her, poor her... It's always better to have no friends than to have a frenemy as a friend.
Bro, are you high or something? I am not a frenemy to her if that's what you're trying to label me as. Did anybody actually fucking read what I wrote and actually make an effort to make an intelligent response? Like c'mon man, either you misinterpreted what I said or you're on something. Ugggghhh

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Well..

If I were to judge from this, then id lean towards sociopath trait filled. Since she is very active in the things you mention. Some would say that narcissism is more about being absent minded, a passive-independent and not a active-independent.
That sociopaths often are alot about getting "up and over" people, if i remeber correctly. Spur of the momment, getting all the goods in the world.
But some would also put sociopath and narcisissm on a continium.. id probably also want to add paranoid.
Like... Sociopathy - Narcisissm - Paranoid .. They are all close by eachother, tho also very far apart from end to end. (but there are also other names close to all of the above mentioned) But all would sorta have this in common more or less. (Me + you -/?. Defensive, joyless, anger, individuated, Projective, Afraid of attachment.)
Also, with my above continium.. A paranoid would almost always think first, but not look at behaviour.. tho it turns into a behaviour.. while someone more sociopathic would just do things, and not think that much about things, tho they also think. and then feelings somewhere in the middle maybe. EDIT: You know, you could say the target or source is to feel. Power - Great - Secure ... Other words could maybe be used. sociopath- power, narcissism-great, paranoid-secure.

Anyway, does it need to be named?, id maybe stear clear tho you also mention positive things, but if you get along fine enough, then thats okay ofcourse.
Tho also it seems like you already got your mind set a little already.
But I could also had made an post like this. (and probably have, just forgot)

But also thing to keep in mind, we all have traits of everything almost, more or less. Everybody needs to plan stuff and such, but most probably take other people into consideration than just themselves, etc.

You mention that she has a negative expression at times.. And i just came to think of something.. There ofcourse is a difference between negative and sad expression.
But ... say, the etiology behind sociopathy and such is often an quiete horrible past, so they would ofcourse also be depressed to some degree.
Anyway, there are several etiologys to find, which not nessarily need to be something harsh in the past.

·
Spam-I-am
13,977 Posts
mommy is that you
why did you leave me an daddy for dead by the highway?
she does sound mentally unhealthy
do you know her tri type?

·
Banned
3,636 Posts

-She never apoligizes

the people that lack self-consciousness are psychopathic or enlightened
compulsive lying is a theme amongst the more or less psychopathic
-these stand out, the rest is bad but these are tells of "the more or less psychopathic"

·
Registered
Amateur Newscaster
11,495 Posts
She definitely has NPD & Sociopath traits

·
Registered
921 Posts
Steer clear, people like this burn everything in their path. Doesn't matter how legit you are or whatever, these people get in and get out before the ship sinks when it comes to human relationships

·
Registered
2,016 Posts

-She never apoligizes

I'm sorry if I missed anything and or made spelling/grammatical errors, I wrote this in a rush.
She makes people feel better about themselves but doesn't care about other people's well being or emotional state?

You know that she doesn't feel empathy, how?

Faking emotions is pretty normal. How many times have you felt like shit but when someone says "How are you?" you reply with "I'm well, thanks." ?

She shows traits of narcissism and sociopathy and this is part of the list of things that make her a possible sociopath and/or narcissist? K. You are most likely looking at her and judging her based on the list of traits either sociopaths or narcissists have. Anyone can do this with ANY disorder and conclude that they or someone they know have x disorder. That is why self diagnosing is bad and discouraged.

You could do something fun, even though this was proven not useful quite awhile ago. Ask her this question.

Do you think like a psychopath? It has been claimed that one quick way of telling is to read the following story and see what answer to its final question first pops into your head:

While attending her mother's funeral, a woman meets a man she's never seen before. She quickly believes him to be her soulmate and falls head over heels. But she forgets to ask for his number, and when the wake is over, try as she might, she can't track him down. A few days later she murders her sister. Why?

Answer in the spoiler. Take the test yourself, it's pretty cool.

If the first answer that springs to your mind is some variation of jealousy and revenge – she discovers her sister has been seeing the man behind her back – then you are in the clear. But if your first response to this puzzle is "because she was hoping the man would turn up to her sister's funeral as well", then by some accounts you have the qualities that might qualify you to be a cold-blooded killer – or a captain of industry, a nerveless surgeon, a recruit for the SAS – or which may well make you a commission-rich salesman, a winning barrister, a charismatic clergyman or a red-top journalist. The little parable purports to reveal those qualities – an absence of emotion in decision making, a cold focus on outcomes, an extremely ruthless and egocentric logic – which tend to show up in disproportionate degrees in all those individuals.
Now, my father sees a therapist and a psychiatrist and of course had to be tested because of his childhood on whether or not he has sociopath tendencies. He wasn't considered a risk because he tested high on compassion. This was his saving grace. He answered this question correctly, immediately. It was very surprising since my answer is considered "in the clear" category.

Here's a fun video:

·
Banned
1,309 Posts

-She never apoligizes

You'd have to give examples as to times when she disregarded others' feelings or acted out of extreme selfishness. Just by what you've written here, I think anyone would be way too hasty in diagnosing her with either disorder. She could just be selfish and immature, that doesn't have to mean she has NPD or sociopathy. Personalities like this are actually fairly common, y'know.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts