Personality Cafe banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I know no one can answer this except my friend herself, but I'm curious to hear what you guys think.

My friend is 26 years old, female. To the best of my knowledge she's a virgin and has never had a boyfriend or girlfriend. I'm not sure she's even so much as kissed anyone. When we go out, she often gets attractive guys trying to chat her up, but she's never interested. She's even told me herself that she's never interested in anyone.

She's introverted, but not shy at all. She tends to be a bit aloof/detached. If I had to guess her type, I'd say IXTP.

For a while I thought she might be gay, but she doesn't show an obvious interest in women either. I guess she could just be a late bloomer, or really secretive about her crushes, but mostly she just seems disinterested.

Thoughts? I'm especially interested to hear what asexuals themselves might have to say.

I know I could just ask my friend, but I don't want to put her on the spot with such a personal question. :wink:

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Does she know what asexuality is? She sounds a lot like I am (other than guys hitting on her, girls have crushed but I never noticed) What does capture her attention? Is she distracted or content?

·
Registered
4,300 Posts
Lesbian would be my vote.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Does she know what asexuality is? She sounds a lot like I am (other than guys hitting on her, girls have crushed but I never noticed) What does capture her attention? Is she distracted or content?
I'm not sure she knows what it is.

What captures her attention...hmmm...the usual stuff. She's very creative. Likes travel. Hanging out.

As far as lesbian goes, does she look the part? Typically they do not..um, get hit on.
Hey! Not all lesbians are butch! :tongue:

She's not a girly-girl. She dresses kinda plain, never wears skirts or make up, etc, but she's not butch either. She's very...neutral.

I'm bi myself and have good gaydar, but I can't get a read on this girl. I've even tried flirting with her to see how she'd react, but she hasn't taken the bait. *shrug*

It's a mystery, I tell ya!

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
step 1: inject Sodium Pentothal
step2: ask question
step 3: question yourself about the moral implications of your actions
step 4: walk away full of information

·
Registered
77 Posts
She sounds asexual to me, you should ask her or tell her about asexuality. Many asexual people do not even know what asexuality is because it's so rare.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.