Personality Cafe banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
De-Code This So, I've seen other posts talking about Fe and Se and had NO idea what was what. Thanks to this site it has made more sense.

Now I'm trying to 'type' my hubby. I've been saying he is an INTJ. But I'm not sure. Can anyone describe the differences between INTJ's (Scientists) and INTP's (Thinkers)?

This is what I found online about P/J.

I'm very confident he is Introverted, Intuitive, and Thinking; but I can't really tell about the Perceiving or Judging part. He is a computer programmer. Any ways to de-code him without him taking the test? (I hope to have him take the test this weekend but also hope to see how well I know him before hand :laughing: )

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
In addition to looking at the P/J split, another idea would be to consider whether he uses Te or Ti as a primary function. That first link you posted discusses both of these things and in a way each should be clear in terms of how the thinking could be seen.

I am an INTJ and thus I plan things almost all the time. Even if I have to change plans, I will have backup plans to pull in to keep the order and structure that I crave all the time. While I can handle change, it isn't easy for me.

Here are a couple of links that may help explain some more about the two types that may help too:

Rational Mastermind(INTJ)
Rational Architect(INTP)

·
Banned
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
He likes things organized, but doesn't always organize his space.
He seems to always be analyzing and makes decisions only when absolutely necessary - - (Unless it is about savings/ mutual funds etc - then he just follows his formula - boom - done!)
So he is decisive if it has to do with security vs. risk, but otherwise he seems to just 'not know.' :proud:

·
Banned
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
To: jbking Awesome - I think he is an Architect: "Architects often seem difficult to know. They are inclined to be shy except with close friends, and their reserve is difficult to penetrate. Able to concentrate better than any other type, they prefer to work quietly at their computers or drafting tables, and often alone. Architects also become obsessed with analysis, and this can seem to shut others out. Once caught up in a thought process, Architects close off and persevere until they comprehend the issue in all its complexity."

THAT IS HIM!:happy:

He also matches the Ti with this: "Introverted Thinking often involves finding just the right word to clearly express an idea concisely, crisply, and to the point." And he can take a good five minutes of silent reflection before responding to any one question so that he can do just that - express it concisely.

THANKS GUYS!

I also asked him some questions that compare the J/P and he leans more towards P. Interesting....I will change my assumption towards seeing him as an INTP until proven otherwise. :proud:

·
Banned
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm making it official...(cuz I'm a J and I need closure) Right higher? lol My dh is an INTP! Thanks to everyone on the ISTJ, INTJ, and INTP forums in asking helpful questions and pointing me to other tests, and especially to higher for his in-depth evaluations with me through pms. Apparently...MANY ENFJs and INTPs hook up beautifully and harmoniously (not that we don't have moments of opposing needs) but apparently we really rock together!! :cool: It feels good to know where he is coming from and I'll be working to utilize his strengths rather than be bothered by our differences.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Oh INTJ's sometimes you make me laugh so.

·
Banned
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry for neglecting this thread - - I had the same question on ISTJ, and INTP forums but I must have not mentioned it here. I DID have him take the test but he came out ISTJ and I think he answered it how he would like to be, or thinks he should be, but NOT how he behaves! So then we took some other tests and discussed his cognitive functions on the threads and with others through pms and he and I analyzed his patterns and he is definitely an Introvert, definitely Dominate Ti and his tertiary is Si...but thank you INTJs...if you had been more involved you maybe could have made this more of an "informed investigation" But...as it is...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts