Personality Cafe banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
🎀
11,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been wondering about this one for a while :)

So,here it is:
-She talks a LOT, but sometimes she says she's too tired to even open her mouth
-She HATES small talk and social niceties related to it,finds all of it fake
-She loves talking about her interests,and sometimes forgets some people aren't interested in the same things,however when she sees she's been annoying you she feels really bad
-She says she hates lying and finds it stressful but she admits to lying a lot when she was young because there was no other way to deal with her mother
-I visit her twice a year, and every time I come she just can't stop looking at me and she just randomly compares me to how I was when I was a child all the time
-She's full of ideas,she does some painting(partly for living) and she says she often has too many ideas to even start doing something,and things she starts she often doesn't finish because she gets a completely new idea.And sometimes she just works on one thing for too long because she keeps seeing how to make it even better,it's never perfect enough
-Things she paints aren't really filled with meaning,at least I don't know about it.It's mostly random insanity,really crazy and funny and things just build onto each other,like,she makes one painting and comes up with 5 others that have similar theme,like a series
-Her ESFJ mother says she was very outgoing as a child and talked to anyone about things she liked,even strangers
-Also as a child,she learned how to read very early because she noticed her parents skipped over parts of her favourite stories when reading them to her out loud so she decided to take matter in her own hands
-However,now she identifies as an introvert,she gets annoyed when people don't give her space and time to do what she wants to do,and she freaks out if she plans to spend her afternoon painting or reading and then someone surprises her with a visit
-Slowness,lack of efficiency,common sense and what she calls "intelligence" really annoys her
-She tested INTJ and thought it made sense
-She is EXPLOSIVE,very easily angered and very serious in her anger but gets over it quickly
-She loves the idea of crazy clothes and makeup, she hates how her mother never let her dress different from the norm and she's making up for it now,to a degree
-She was terrible with money when she was younger and it got her into serious trouble,now she's too careful and easily stressed when it comes to money
-She has some business ideas that always remain just that,ideas
-She doesn't like thinking about unpleasant things,for example when I'm about to go back to my country(we live in different countries) in 2 days I always talk about it so much,can't stop repeating how sad I am and how much I'm gonna miss her,for some reason I find it helpful,and she just likes to pretend I'm not going anywhere

I see some signs of inferior Te but idk,Fi DOM doesn't feel right
What do you think?

·
Registered
2,345 Posts

So,here it is:
-She loves talking about her interests,and sometimes forgets some people aren't interested in the same things,however when she sees she's been annoying you she feels really bad
-She says she hates lying and finds it stressful but she admits to lying a lot when she was young because there was no other way to deal with her mother
-I visit her twice a year, and every time I come she just can't stop looking at me and she just randomly compares me to how I was when I was a child all the time
-She's full of ideas,she does some painting(partly for living) and she says she often has too many ideas to even start doing something,and things she starts she often doesn't finish because she gets a completely new idea.And sometimes she just works on one thing for too long because she keeps seeing how to make it even better,it's never perfect enough
-Things she paints aren't really filled with meaning,at least I don't know about it.It's mostly random insanity,really crazy and funny and things just build onto each other,like,she makes one painting and comes up with 5 others that have similar theme,like a series
-Her ESFJ mother says she was very outgoing as a child and talked to anyone about things she liked,even strangers
-Also as a child,she learned how to read very early because she noticed her parents skipped over parts of her favourite stories when reading them to her out loud so she decided to take matter in her own hands
-However,now she identifies as an introvert,she gets annoyed when people don't give her space and time to do what she wants to do,and she freaks out if she plans to spend her afternoon painting or reading and then someone surprises her with a visit
-Slowness,lack of efficiency,common sense and what she calls "intelligence" really annoys her
-She is EXPLOSIVE,very easily angered and very serious in her anger but gets over it quickly
-She loves the idea of crazy clothes and makeup, she hates how her mother never let her dress different from the norm and she's making up for it now,to a degree
-She was terrible with money when she was younger and it got her into serious trouble,now she's too careful and easily stressed when it comes to money
-She doesn't like thinking about unpleasant things,for example when I'm about to go back to my country(we live in different countries) in 2 days I always talk about it so much,can't stop repeating how sad I am and how much I'm gonna miss her,for some reason I find it helpful,and she just likes to pretend I'm not going anywhere

What do you think?
Going to say...ENFP? But then again, I can't even type myself so lol.

Reactions: Darkbloom

·
Registered
10,962 Posts

So,here it is:

What do you think?
Have you thought ISFJ? She seems like that, at least to me. :happy:

EDIT: There seems to be a lot of conflicting information here, honestly.

·
Registered
15,900 Posts
Entp ? Seems like she's Ne Dom but not sure if it's fi or Ti that makes her more introverted and since she tested intj and feels like it's correct its more relevant to guess Entp . But between enfp and infp I would say enfp .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Darkbloom

·
🎀
11,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Have you thought ISFJ? She seems like that, at least to me. :happy:

EDIT: There seems to be a lot of conflicting information here, honestly.
:shocked:
Why ISFJ?
@ai.tran.75 ,I think she probably uses lower Te,sometimes she looks xSTJ especially when annoyed at someone,when someone goes against her values(she mostly values honesty,individuality,curiosity,justice,responsability) or when she's simply in a hurry(HATES being in a hurry),but is it tertiary or inferior?
She does generally seem like more of an E to me too

·
Registered
10,962 Posts
:shocked:
Why ISFJ?
Let us begin. :wink:

Fe, high anger, but unlikely to hold a grudge.

She was terrible with money when she was younger and it got her into serious trouble,now she's too careful and easily stressed when it comes to money
Growing into inferior Ne, and relying on her own experiences (Si) to judge how she should act.

I visit her twice a year, and every time I come she just can't stop looking at me and she just randomly compares me to how I was when I was a child all the time
Blatant Si. "You've changed from how you were."

Mind you, this is pretty much an excerpt, but it's what I got. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
6,303 Posts
I say INFP. Si>Te, totally. I was an introvert as a child, it can change :D I also get more Fi. She reminds of of my own grandmother, I think she's an INTP or perhaps INTJ (she's got me baffled, she's a weird grandmother).

·
🎀
11,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
@Barakiel,hmm,makes sense,but I think blatant Si could be tertiary/inferior,and money example seems very lower Si and Te.She doesn't strike me as a Fe user,she always hated her ESFJ mother for being sooo...ESFJ I guess XD
@Gray Romantic,you're right,and my dad was more extrovert-ish as a child and now he is very Ti dom!
Does EVERYONE switch I/E? XD
Can't imagine an INTx grandmother but I suppose it must be possible:laughing:

·
Registered
10,962 Posts
@Barakiel,hmm,makes sense,but I think blatant Si could be tertiary/inferior,and money example seems very lower Si and Te.She doesn't strike me as a Fe user,she always hated her ESFJ mother for being sooo...ESFJ I guess XD
@Gray Romantic,you're right,and my dad was more extrovert-ish as a child and now he is very Ti dom!
Fair enough, could be developing into her Si later on in life, it's just what I saw most prevalent. I'm actually seeing a bit of Ti, though maybe I'm projecting cause everyone else sees Fi. :laughing: I can sympathise, though, the ESFJ I know is really annoying.

·
Registered
6,303 Posts
you're right,and my dad was more extrovert-ish as a child and now he is very Ti dom!
Nah, my sister remained an extrovert and I have a friend that was always heavily introvert, but my point is that people change :D I saw a lot of Fi in your mother.

You don't know the half of it lol she's the weirdest grandmother ever though I think my other grandmother is some kind of an ISTx and she's also super weird.

·
Registered
5,838 Posts
Let us begin. :wink:

Fe, high anger, but unlikely to hold a grudge.

Growing into inferior Ne, and relying on her own experiences (Si) to judge how she should act.

Blatant Si. "You've changed from how you were."

Mind you, this is pretty much an excerpt, but it's what I got. :rolleyes:
No. All you have established is that OP's Mom uses the Ne-Si combination which was evident from the start. Dominant functions, by definition, work in conjunction with the inferior.

And to attribute sudden bouts of anger to Fe is pretty ridiculous. Every type has the potential to be easily enraged.

·
Registered
10,962 Posts
No. All you have established is that OP's Mom uses the Ne-Si combination which was evident from the start. Dominant functions, by definition, work in conjunction with the inferior.

And to attribute sudden bouts of anger to Fe is pretty ridiculous. Every type has the potential to be easily enraged.
The first point has merit, true, but the second point, I was trying to make a distinction between Fi, which usually has deep rooted anger, and Fe, which is less begrudging. Of course every type has the potential to be easily enraged, but Fi would have more deep rooted anger than Fe, by definition.

·
Registered
5,838 Posts
The first point has merit, true, but the second point, I was trying to make a distinction between Fi, which usually has deep rooted anger, and Fe, which is less begrudging. Of course every type has the potential to be easily enraged, but Fi would have more deep rooted anger than Fe, by definition.
Eh, I honestly disagree. Anyone can have varying degrees of anger triggered by something crucial to their values or not.

I don't see the basis for saying Fi has more deeply rooted anger. You're just making declarative statements that could easily be flipped or apply equally to either/all.

·
Registered
10,962 Posts
Eh, I honestly disagree. Anyone can have varying degrees of anger triggered by something crucial to their values or not.

I don't see the basis for saying Fi has more deeply rooted anger. You're just making declarative statements that could easily be flipped or apply equally to either/all.
*sigh* We obviously got off on the wrong foot, and now I'm getting heated, so I'm not properly able to critique this anymore. Though, I will say that it's funny that you call me out for doing that. :p

Yeah, I'm not going to be able to help anymore, so I'm out. Sorry @Living dead.

·
Registered
5,838 Posts
*sigh* We obviously got off on the wrong foot, and now I'm getting heated, so I'm not properly able to critique this anymore. Though, I will say that it's funny that you call me out for doing that. :p
Yes, I make general, all-inclusive declarative statements and you make specific ones that restrict the truth and have no basis. Big difference.

Awwh, you're getting heated? That's too adorable. Is because you're beginning to realize you're wrong? Auw, you poor thing you.

·
🎀
11,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Calm down you guys

Anyway, anyone can have deeply rooted anger,actually 2 of the xSFJs I know have the deepest anger(of people I know),so much resentment,even for things that happened decades ago(especially those things)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.