Personality Cafe banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm an ENFP that loves to study ENPs. I have this neighbor, she's an older lady about late 50s. She has a little dog named Chewie (reference from Star Wars) and I see her walking around the neighborhood here and there and I say hi to her. She seems pretty Extroverted but not the kind of person to carry on long interesting conversations. I see her out when the weather is nice. So it's hard to tell because it sort of seems like he's a home person. She talks very openly about her opinions. I seen her today talking to her about some of the craziest neighbors we've got and how I called the cops on some for screaming swearing fighting all that jazz and how the police didn't show up until 10 or 15 minutes later. Since I know that ENPs have an irreverent sense of humor and I often have a very satirical one myself, I usually add a bit of wit to my opinions. For example I said that I could order a pizza faster. And she said to go tell the cops that you pay taxes and their service is what your taxes pay for. So I reply with another satirical remark "Yeah the taxes pay for their services not extra Dunkin Donuts money" and she got really pissed off with me. She pointed at me with a mean serious look on her face "Hey don't talk S**t about cops like that, my father was a cop, I volunteer there, I have friends who are cops. They word their a** off at their jobs. I'm just so sick of people bringing cops down all the time. Next time I hear someone talk S**t about them, I'll beat them up. Show them some business" and I felt really guilty because I felt I hurt her feelings. So I said to her that I'm really sorry, I didn't know. I was just trying make a joke and practice my skills as a comedy writer. I didn't mean to offend you. She shrugged like it was no big deal and said "Don't worry about it, you didn't offend me. You were just saying your opinion. If you don't like cops, that's okay. Just keep in mind if your ever in trouble, guess who's fault that is" she smerks and smiles and told me to have a nice day and she walks with her dog.So afterworlds I had mixture of emotions. I did feel really hurt and guilty to the point of tears. I was worried that she was going to hold a grudge on me or something or I just lost a neighbor friend. I sort of felt like I was the most hated person in the world. So I go hope and catch up on my reading thinking she might be ENTP and I read that ENTPs love to confront and be blunt on their knowledge and correcting what they feel is wrong illogical information and it's not meant to be taken on a personal level, just information criticism. Like a debate and how I take it like hairsplitting or like a random punch in the face. And how ENTPs don't want people to take their way of expressing themselves too offense or to personally. So that got me thinking a little bit. There's still a little guilt inside me.Anyway it's hard to tell if she's ENTP because I would assume that ENTPs aren't easily offended and can take irreverent jokes well.Anyway what do you all think? Is she ENTP? And could you relate to what this person did? Just curious, perhaps it could help me learn more about ENTPs way of uniqe expression a little more. Thanks :)

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'd vote ESFP to be honest. Maybe I'm way off base though lol. One story does not an accurate typing make!
Yeah, I sort of thought ESFP too. Or even ISTP because she doesn't seem to have much of a social life, she seems to me sort of a home person, The F I'm not too sure of because she seemed very insensitive confronting and Blunt when she got angry with my joke about Cops using tax dollars for coffee money. I would think Sensing would play a huge factor in this because doesn't Sensers are strongly devoted to family, what's happening in the now and current, and in this case....authority
She doesn't seem too much of an idea person at all. So she can't possibly be an N. But P totally. She doesn't seem to be judging in anyway. Kind of spontanous. Perhaps that's why I made the mistake thinking she's ENTP.

Because if she was an ENTP, she wouldn't spend her time ranting about her famility tradition and love of the police force but more on ideas and theories that are unique right? Probably similar bluntness but more about theories then emotional right?

Then again She could be ISFP or ESFP.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, nothing ENTP in the description here...
Oh okay. Just curious if it's due to the person being very authority loving, living at home, the whole "MY FATHER WAS IMPORTANT" sort of standing up for herself and not getting the joke sort of thing,

Just curious about your opinions of the difference between the ENTP type compared to the one that I described.

·
Registered
498 Posts
She doesn't seem too much of an idea person at all. So she can't possibly be an N.
Not all Intuitives are filled to the brim with ideas. And not all share it if they are.

Because if she was an ENTP, she wouldn't spend her time ranting about her famility tradition and love of the police force but more on ideas and theories that are unique right? Probably similar bluntness but more about theories then emotional right?
Believe it or not, ENTPs and other N types are capable of respect and devotion to our families and friends, and in turn their professions. Though we may not go on and on about loyalty and tradition, many of us were raised by SJ parents and still have some of those values and are also well versed in concrete subject matter.

It's very difficult to type her with such little information given, but I'd say she sounds ISTJ or ISTP to me.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's very difficult to type her with such little information given, but I'd say she sounds ISTJ or ISTP to me.
I agree. Sure the J or P is still a mystery. But the I,S,T does make sense.

Yeah she seems really loyal to the police that she couldn't even take a simple joke "Taxes pay for services not for donuts" which Police have been a part of comedy for years.

But that was what I was sort of worried about because I'm attracted to ENTPs (Not to her obviously, she's 20 years older than my mother and too feminine for me, I'm more of a punk Tomboy sort of lover :) ) and what I'm attracted most about ENTPs is their Irreverent sense of humor and powerful stills of wit, irony, and hopefully satire. according to my books they love weirdness and irreverent humor full of wit and puns and stuff like that.

This person on the other hand didn't laugh once at my witty jokes, not once, she took them all seriously as if I was just talking. So if that's the case, she's probably not ENTP. Like you people said, she's probably an Sensing Thinker.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts