Personality Cafe banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does a person's family life affect what MBTI type they'll grow up to be? If so, what parts of their personality are affected, and by how much?

I have seen time and time again, whenever there are two children, one is introverted and the other is extroverted. They also tend to fan our across the temperaments so that each role in society can be fulfilled within one family unit. For example, my family is made up of an INTJ, ESFP, ISTJ, and ENFP. Did this happen by chance, or do we grow into whatever role needs to be filled? What types make up your family?

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Does a person's family life affect what MBTI type they'll grow up to be? If so, what parts of their personality are affected, and by how much?

I have seen time and time again, whenever there are two children, one is introverted and the other is extroverted. They also tend to fan our across the temperaments so that each role in society can be fulfilled within one family unit. For example, my family is made up of an INTJ, ESFP, ISTJ, and ENFP. Did this happen by chance, or do we grow into whatever role needs to be filled? What types make up your family?
Hmm. Got ST, SF, NF, NT in my family. No SPs though.

·
Registered
370 Posts
My brother, sister and I are all intuitive introverts. We have INTJ, INFJ and INFP. I find this particularly noteworthy considering our parents are ESFJ and ISTJ. I personally think that temperament is mostly inborn, though it can be modified by trauma, whereas personality is heavily influenced by childhood.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts