Personality Cafe banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wondering if there is a correlation between a person's type and how punctual they are.

I myself am a quintessential ENTP.

Over all I tend to be on-time for things I plan, but usually have to rush a little to be such, as I get caught up in things and lose track of time. Granted a lot of this is learned behavior because I used to be late all the time, so I have a lot of fail-stops to prevent this. But then there is the question of, IS that action a part of my Type? Do other ENTPs react to punctuality the same as I do?

What are your thoughts?

·
MOTM August 2012
3,467 Posts
It's tough to attach something like the punctuality to type by itself. But people with a preference for Te are probably the most punctual types I would think, though I could see where Fe/Si (SFJs) types might be punctual too.

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
The question is WHY they are punctual. Is it because know that being late has never turned out well for them? Is it because they want to start working faster? Is it because they know people depend on them? Is it so that everything is going to go to plan? Is it... you get the idea.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The question is WHY they are punctual. Is it because know that being late has never turned out well for them? Is it because they want to start working faster? Is it because they know people depend on them? Is it so that everything is going to go to plan? Is it... you get the idea.
SO it's a question of motive. and motive is something easily categorized by type interaction.

·
MOTM August 2012
3,467 Posts
SO it's a question of motive. and motive is something easily categorized by type interaction.
Not really. Motive is much higher-order than type. Type can't predict how we will act in a situation just what the foundations of our thought processes will be. I mean someone could be punctual because they grew up in a family that valued that, or they could be self-driven to be punctual. Or maybe they have to punch a clock, or there would be some major issue if they showed up late, like being embarrassed. Most of this you can't really attribute to type.

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Just want to say, interesting angle to look at it. :D

Also, wanted to point out a random comment, my type is probably the least punctual of all J types who are considered to be the most punctual. Most punctual of all types? SJ perhaps the estj.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts