Personality Cafe banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
I could buy 3 or 7 but I'm leaning more toward 3, 3w4 specifically. Not only did he score his own prime-time animated series at the age of 26, but he's continued to build his career and branch out to new forms of media despite already making quite a fortune off of Family Guy. He seems to consciously be doing this as well (see his Katie Couric interview). I imagine a 7 would probably be more likely to fall into his accomplishments "by accident." His side career as a jazz singer also screams 4 wing, as does the vicarious caricature of his self-image that is Brian Griffin.

·
Banned
16,000 Posts
so are a lot of people's.
Not really. McFarlane belongs to the modern class of comics who are bitter and preachy, and try to destroy everything sacred. Very juvenile MO, and easy to spot. Comedy is a shallow intellectual medium in general, but its shallowness really shines when guys like Hicks, Carlin and MacFarlane take themselves too seriously. There is a mean spiritedness that does not exist in like a Bill Cosby or Dave Chappelle.

Didn't watch the video, as I could never tolerate anything by Macfarlane.

·
Banned
17,781 Posts
Not really. McFarlane belongs to the modern class of comics who are bitter and preachy, and try to destroy everything sacred. Very ENTP. Comedy is a shallow intellectual medium in general, but its shallowness really shines when guys like Hicks, Carlin and MacFarlane take themselves too seriously. There is a mean spiritedness that does not exist in like a Bill Cosby or Dave Chappelle.
Didn't watch the video, as I could never tolerate anything by Macfarlane.
fixed

·
Registered
757 Posts
Seems like he could probably be a 3w4. His reflection of who he is goes most in Brian, which he reveals as an insecure character, who conforms to "liberal politics" and needs approval/validation from others esp. in the Rush Limbaugh episode. I wouldn't doubt that he has 7 in his tritype though.

Reactions: Fern
1 - 13 of 13 Posts