Personality Cafe banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a friend who got very busy after getting married and having a baby. Prior to that she was very social and went to every party and was friends with everybody. She is definitely an extrovert and a feeler. I think she is Fe-dom, and she is much more organized/controlling/"stressed" than I am, which to me suggests xxxJ. The description of an ENFJ describes her welll in some ways.

But I'm wondering about a few things.. She met her boyfriend (now husband) three years ago, and things have been extremely intense between then (he is some kind of IxxP). She would boast/brag constantly on Facebook about how fantaaastic he is, and how much she loves him, with tons of hearts and kisses, and they would write on eachother's walls and it was just... too much!! :rolleyes: She stopped attending most of the parties (I didn't attend most them either, but I never really did, whereas she used to attend every single one and was the last one to leave), and was obsessed with her boyfriend, posting tons of hugging/kissing pictures of them on Facebook etc. Also when I occasionaly posted something about my boyfriend, for example on my birthday, when he had made me a great dinner and I wrote "He's such an awsome boyfriend :)" she actually commented on it saying "no my boyfriend is much better than yours ;) Besides he made this to me (link to a photo of a breath-taking dinner)". i thought that was very obnoxious and not nice and stayed away from her for a while. They got married pretty quickly and then they had a baby and now she is constantly writing about how wonderful the baby is, and as much as I agree (the baby is adorable) I think it is just too much and too sugar-sweet..

She seems to be quite controlling of her laidback IxxP husband as well, and has him wrapped around her finger.

If she is in fact an ENFJ (which I think she is based on other things than this), is that boasting/proving how your life/relationship/baby is so peeerfect and better-than-everybody-else's something that can be explained by the ENFJ personality (ie ENFJ gone wrong or unhealthy type?).

Do you think some personality types are more prone to boasting on Facebook?

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
I don't know. I wouldn't ever want to be boastful. I wouldn't ever want to be rude to someone. I also never want to post too much of my life on facebook, I actually am quite secretive (except on this forum). haha. I think if I had a boyfriend who I loved, I would just enjoy my time with him rather than post all of my thoughts and feelings on facebook. This is why it is hard for me to say she is an ENFJ. She could be an unhealthy one, but still...I just wanted to say that I can't relate to her. I am an extrovert who truly gets energized when with people, yet I don't like attending lots of parties or being too social.

I am also surprised that a "feeler" personality would be so careless to say things like "My boyfriend is better". I had an ESTJ friend who was way more social than I was, always attending parties and wanting to be with others. I thought she was a "feeler" personality at first, until she started saying things to me which I thought were just too insensitive. It was like...she was rude, but she didn't know she was. Just kind of oblivious to the feelings of others. And she posted on facebook like it was her own private journal.

Anyway, the way your friend is acting would make me want to distance myself from her as well. I don't like bragging.

·
Banned
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah.. I also think it's weird that she was so insensitive. Because she does seem like a feeler in other ways: the way she so readily says she loves her boyfriend, and all her other status messages are very feeler as well, for example: "I miss my dear grandpa so much and wish he was here now to see my daughter grow up <3", she writes about how much she values her family and friends and she shares poems a lot. She is much more of a people/relationship person than anything else, and doesn't have a job and isn't interested in a career, she is quite obsessed with people and is very sad when she is alone for a while (which to me sounded a lot like ENFJ or ESFJ).
Prior to having the baby, her boyfriend was away for a meeting for two days (with my boyfriend, as they work together) and she was so sad and missed him so much and was really uncomfortable/uneasy about being home alone. I think she tries to spend as much time as possible with people (now mostly her boyfriend) not to be alone.

But I guess the boasting on FB is not related to her type but stems from her insecurity. She is rather selfish which I think sounds more like Fi than Fe, but she is definitely an xxxJ (no doubt about the J). Maybe she is ESFJ?

Hard to tell

1 - 4 of 4 Posts