Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 124 Posts

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't really tell >.< He seems to use a fair amount of Si.. almost everyone seems to think he's INTJ

·
Registered
63 Posts
Yes he is pretty much an ISTJ. But any fictional character will show variations and at times he might appear an INTJ but he is too rigid with rules and stuff. Doesn't think outside the box. Also his razor sharp memory and how he easily recalls facts give away his Si dominance.

·
Registered
67 Posts
His script character was meant to be an IXTJ[Te-creative].
Cooper's dominant function is surely Si,although I don't have much to relate with it.The way he recalls his past life on every other dialogue I'd say Si.
Also,he shows an obligation to a lot of societal conventions which are reflected in his roommate agreement.
A classic Si-Ne episode:

·
Registered
120 Posts
I'd almost go for ESTJ, even though his character is supposed to be secluded he's clearly Te extroverted every time we see him.

·
Registered
5,838 Posts
ISTJ, he reeks of inferior Ne
Explain? I think I know precisely what you mean, but still - I'm not familiar with the show. Any specific examples or general patterns of behavior he exemplifies?
I ask because I'm pretty sure my pally that typed INTJ is really an ISTJ chick.... I just don't have the heart to tell her yet. You know? :>

·
Registered
153 Posts
He seems Ti dominant to me. Maybe INTP in a TiSi loop?

Anyway, I think his results would be something like this in the cognitive processes test: Ti > Si > Te > Ne > Ni >>> others

The test would suggest INTP or ISTJ as his type. :kitteh:

·
Registered
421 Posts
He seems Ti dominant to me. Maybe INTP in a TiSi loop?

Anyway, I think his results would be something like this in the cognitive processes test: Ti > Si > Te > Ne > Ni >>> others

The test would suggest INTP or ISTJ as his type. :kitteh:
Ah, I disagree. Sheldon's need to explicate seems very Te to me.
Contrast with Leslie Winkle (generally typed INTP), who corrected Sheldon's equations in the middle of the night and would have gone off home without a word about it.

Reactions: Ventricity

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
The character seems INFJ, 5wB-1w9-4w5, SP/SOC. But in a way that's too unreal.

The actor seems INFJ, 6w5-9w1-4w3, SP/SOC. Jim Parsons is pretty gifted onscreen.

Where is Thinking coming from? If it's because he's chronically inquisitive or cerebral, that's a characteristic anyone could have. Why Te auxiliary over Fe auxiliary? Cognitive functions are based on how one logically develops thoughts, so Te-aux would help someone to take the subjective (Introverted) potential of something (like the possible ways to answer a question) and apply it to the functional, objective world (how common life/activity works on a probable basis). The world to T preferrers is one needing to be more optimal than societal, and it will show in a disinterest in coming off as appealing as far as societal, people-oriented values go (exhaustive ethics, pleasantries...). T preferrers will find enjoyment in using successful methods in spite of if it appeals to community. It's about the effective results.

I watched Sheldon, and while he is bookish and seemingly oblivious to typical, grounded interaction, he actively maintains himself in a way that doesn't focus more on effectively producing a result. You'll rarely find an INTJ or ISTJ that is willingly as mindful as Sheldon is. His humor and quirks are how he establishes trust with his friends and others, and aren't an effect of being focused on efficient operations. If they were, he'd be less agreeable with his friends' attempts to correct or derail him. For T-preferrers, their moves are rational, and necessary to make the next move. They don't take kindly to criticisms unless it's helpful to their cause, if they feel their intentions are innocent enough.

Think of it like this: Ni is a function that typically wants to improve how something is currently done. It relies on future-sight to affect the present. Sheldon's behavior resembles the thinking style of one that values freedom of thought, flexibility and people accepting his particularly peculiar desire to socially express himself as he pleases, for the most part. INTJs value freedom of thought, aren't as flexible because they look to stricter objectives for accomplishment, and care less for expressing such manic ups and downs around people they'd call friends. It would be irrational to them, and they may even think their friends are nuts for putting up with it from them.

ISTJs? Just as inflexible towards satisfying societal appeal, and unconcerned about behaving like Sheldon does. They're too busy making sure all efforts are tested by time and performed as authentically as possible, since they rely on memory-sight (what is sustainable, for long-term gratification.) Sheldon is much, much too deliberately whimsical, and he knows it. Even if he were IXTJ, he would've realized by now how his capriciousness was working against his ability to keep his mind clear of needless distractions, like being chronically goofy.

·
Banned
1,896 Posts
Explain? I think I know precisely what you mean, but still - I'm not familiar with the show. Any specific examples or general patterns of behavior he exemplifies?
I ask because I'm pretty sure my pally that typed INTJ is really an ISTJ chick.... I just don't have the heart to tell her yet. You know? :>
Whenever there are changes in his routine(s), he freaks about all the negative possibilities. He also has a lot of trouble with finding patterns in conversation. He's a definite Si dom and he lacks Fe so ISTJ.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Pretty clearly an ISTJ. Obsessed over tiny details and regulations and over fanatical about social courtesies :p

·
Registered
382 Posts
Don't confuse his asperger with Si guys.

As I've read somewhere, Sheldon is beyond MBTI, he has evolved ^^

But he is most close to INTJ in my opinion. On the other hand, he obviously use Ti in most situations and sometimes Ne; his functional stack would be something like: Ti Ni Te Fi S?

I'd say he is an INTJ in MBTI terms, but Robespierre (LII) in socionics.

·
Registered
540 Posts
I agree, INTJ seems to fit him the most. Then again, I have aspergers too, and am ENFP so really I don't think the diagnosis makes much difference. :)

·
Registered
18,510 Posts
I always figured he's an INTP personally. He's much too emotional and seeking emotional validity for a Te type. Te types don't really give a fuck about that, especially PoLR ones with Te auxiliary like IxTJs are. If you want a similar comparison there's Data, INTP, from Star Trek:

Compared to Daria, actual INTJ:

Notice how she's so much more snide, sarcastic and deadpan. Or my favorite RL INTJ example:

1 - 20 of 124 Posts