Personality Cafe banner

Do you find smoking attractive?

• I'm a girl and I think guys who smoke are sexy.

Votes: 7 7.0%
  • I'm a girl and I think guys who smoke are stupid.

Votes: 25 25.0%
  • I'm a guy and I think girls who smoke are sexy.

Votes: 10 10.0%
  • I'm a guy and I think girls who smoke are stupid.

Votes: 32 32.0%
  • My opinion doesn't fit in these catagories/I have no opinion.

Votes: 26 26.0%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you find smoking attractive in someone of the opposite (or not opposite in those cases that may) sex? I'm curious because I'm a guy and i know a lot of guys who have the same opinion as I on girls who smoke, but I'll let you vote before SWAYING your opinion one way or the other with my wiley charms :wink:

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, then I went and voted on my own poll making it obvious to at least the first person voting what my opinion is, so yes I really really detest girls who smoke, especially if they are really attractive. Like you're talking to a girl, she seems interesting and attractive and WHAPOW! she pulls out a cigarette and somewhere a fairy dies.... IN MY SOUL! Its very sad, and I know i'm not the only guy who feels this way, but I'm interested to know how strong the feeling is felt across the board and if it works the same on the flip side of the gender coin. Thanks for voting!

·
Registered
3,852 Posts
It's nice to share your answer but how about backing it up with a why? ....ok I'm guessing this question is related to just cigarettes so ... yeah I've dated smokers and non-smokers before and well I wasn't really into it back then because the smell isn't that great.. sometimes it can be kinda sexy while drunk etc but usually not. They knew my feelings but they respected my opinion and wouldn't light up in my face or in an enclosed space. Which can make things harder but not impossible... if you really like the person then it's just something that needs to be compromised on. I would never judge someone for it or use it as a reason to not date someone. Even these days... it bothers me more than it used to but I wouldn't call myself idealist when it comes to finding a partner.
When it comes to joints etc then that ain't as bad for me as I enjoy that myself! Of course I always blow it out the window or into the backroom... even when I'm alone as I also enjoy fresh air ^__^
Unless you're being forced into a smoke cloud against your will then it's ain't so bad.... there are bigger things in life/relationships to complain about IMO.

·
Registered
26,829 Posts
It's certainly not sexy, but I wouldn't see it as something that would stop a potential relationship. I could be in a relationship with a smoker if they smoked away from me.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
I don't think they're stupid. I think they're mildly disgusting. Definitely not sexy.

Reactions: Angelic Gardevoir

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
As they used to say "if she smokes, she pokes". So in that way it's sexy, I guess. :cool:

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
I don't like the options =S people who smoke aren't stupid nor are people who don't. I do believe that smoking is not an attractive thing to do.

Reactions: Filigeedreamer

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Definitely not a fan. Smoke makes me cough and besides, who wants to kiss an ashtray? XD

Reactions: geGamedev

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
I think it's really hot when I guy smokes. So badass.
I smoke myself though and I'd say it's a turn off for most guys, though

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Very interesting answers, at least thus far my theory of the double standard in this area has prevailed, that for girls smoking hurts their image, but for guys, smoking tends to help it a tad. Perhaps I shouldn't have used the word stupid in my poll, mainly just trying to convey good opinions and bad opinions, but I wanted also to mostly get answers from people who have strong feelings one way or another... very interesting thus far!

·
Registered
131 Posts
On the contrary, it's a huge turn-off. I just can't see myself dating a smoker.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Smoking is a huge turn off,

The smell, what it does to your skin, the way it ages you...plus I don't understand why you'd ever start smoking in the first place. I understand it once you start, but smoking to me, especially when you start as an adult, is linked in my mind with impressionability, imaturity, trying to be something your not, and a lack of foresight. It isn't true of all smokers, but those are my feelings and personal bias.

I've seen my nan die of lung cancer, and I have another relative dieing of it now, and one of my mums friends ended up almost dieing due to a collapes lung caused by damage from smoking since age 13. She had two young kids at the time.
I've also seen people my mums aged who smoked since their teens...skin like sand paper and they can look as much as 20 years older.

Just...icky.

Would I ever date a smoker? Dispite my strong anti-smoking feelings, it's possible I would. However they've have to be someone I really liked, and never smoke around me or in any living space we shared...so long term it would be unlikly to work out. They would have to give up, or we'd likly split.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I have a lot of friends who smoke, so I'm around it a lot but I absolutely hate it. They know I don't like it, and they know I'll never buy ciggs for them. I'm not going to tell them how to live their life, but it's annoying that people a few years younger than me actually smoke almost a pack a day! I don't think it's sexy for anybody to smoke. It makes your teeth yellow, ruins the inside of your car, makes everything you own smell terrible... the list goes on and on.

·
MOTM Nov 2010
10,402 Posts
I would never date a smoker. I won't even be around smoke. I'm a singer and it's very damaging to vocal chords. I don't think that any addictions are "sexy". However, I do think there is strength in people who have over come addictions.

Second hand smoke gives me a headache. And I am into men who are into fitness. If they smoke, they usually can't run with me.

Reactions: geGamedev
1 - 20 of 64 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.