Personality Cafe banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After chatting in private with Katherine Fauvre for a while, she finally settled on my tritype being 469 instead of what I previously thaught was 459 or 479.
I'm currently starting to come to terms with this idea because I realized that I've been resisting my sixness for a long time, even though when I look back on past experiences I can really see I unfold in countless situations.

Addtionnally, the idea of being triple doubt and analysis paralysis doesn't seem to feel very pleasant nor gratifiying by any means. I often deemed this 469 tritype like the least desirable because of this. What's enviable about being constantly plagued by insecurities and second-guessing yourself for each little decision one might makes in a day? This tritype feels way too much sensitive and vulnerable and doesn't seem to bring much to the table, compared to its 459 and 479 brethrens...anyway, sorry about my rant...I'm still a bit salty about being this tritype.

Fellow seekers, what do you make of being this tritype and how do you manage making the best out of it?

Thanks as always.

·
Beer Guardian
ENTP 5w6 So/Sx 584 ILE Honorary INTJ
15,824 Posts
IMHO, there's no such thing as a "worst" tritype to have. It is just the way you figured out how to deal with the series of traumas of life and growth. Every time you think you have things figured out, something changes and you have to start all over again. For a kid, making these regular adjustments can be seriously difficult to comprehend. Your enneagram type is based upon your childhood wounds and how you coped with them. The more healthy you become overall, the less your core type and trifixes will limit you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Today I found out I'm this tritype too. A 6 dominant on top of it. It made so much sense. I'm both relieved and upset: relieved because it's like I finally found something that can explain why I behave the way I do and am the way I am, but at the same time, all of it is what I hate the most about myself. Constant second guessing and the annoying habit of relying too much on external help, whether is from friends or online sources because I just can't trust my own thoughts. The seeker name fits me perfectly honestly, for me, the thing I've always been seeking to find, since I was a child, is myself, who I am.

The reason I'm upset is because it's a really annoying type to have, especially when everything becomes too much that others start noticing it as well. Like someone getting tired at me for constantly asking them similar questions about things I doubt regarding myself and my own identity, or like my friend being tired of me for finally settling on something only to doubt again. When I think I'm done doubting, it starts again. It happened when I was trying to find my enneagram, and it happens with my mbti, hence why I came here to ask people a few weeks ago, and have asked others before. Anyways, these are just examples that I remember right now. I just wish I was something else, or at least become a healthy version of it, it's not nice to feel like this.

Edit: Sorry if this wasn't any help, I just had to say it because I understand how you feel and where you're coming from

·
Premium Member
INFJ 4w3 sp/sx
1,523 Posts
At this point of my life (taking into account all the self-knowledge I currently have), I'm fairly sure to be the 461 tritype. In specific, I think I am 4w3 > 6w5 > 1w2.

I find this tritype much closer to "hell" than the 469 is. At least the 469 can relax a bit due to the influence of the 9. 461 has a huge super-ego and is constantly putting pressure on the self, as well as dissatisfied with life (at least this is how I interpret my experience).

Reactions: Karkino

·
Registered
971 Posts
Well I'm a 6w5>9w8>4w3. Maybe I'm just to a point in my life where I just shruggingly accept my indecision because its always been there. It is frustrating being so unsure all the time, but with time I've found enough strength in myself that though I don't completely trust myself, I still do generally trust myself more than anyone else on Earth. Though I am painfully unsure about a lot, I still know exactly who I am, and I would never trade my inner guidance for anyone's outside guidance. But sometimes I still do need help from important people in my life when their strengths regarding any particular issue in my life clearly outweigh mine. But I am always essentially the #1 executive guiding them to help me rather than their executive decisions paving the road for me. Jeez, almost sounds like I'm kinda healthy. I guess maybe this is all possible for a 469 tritype. I even have a psychosis on top of all this. So Idk, maybe keep your chin up.

Reactions: Karkino

·
Registered
7,157 Posts
It's interesting. I was just thinking about my Fi, and how introverted judgment is referred to as "the compass" on this page I've been looking at Cognitive Typology and it can be confusing to think about that in combination to my identification with the 469 tritype as I definitely feel like "triple doubting" and like I'm very out of touch with my inner guidance, yet I'm also a Fi-dom so I'm like this compass-type and more often than not I'm actually going my own way over anything else.

·
Premium Member
INTJ 5w4 (Sp/Sx) 594
733 Posts
I believe you are supposed to believe your type is the worst.
It encourages you to accept those flaws, and move past them.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
IEI 417
445 Posts
@JonathanA 147 "princess and the pea" LMAO
these are all rly funny.

@Karkino maybe figuring out your tritype is the opposite of marriage
1. NOT-honeymoon phase
2. come to terms with reality of it and settle down (hopefully)

the triple frustration aspect of my tritype is well, FRUSTRATING AS HELL nothing is ever good enough whether i am in a healthier or unhealthy state of mind but bro what can i do :cry:

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey, I don't understand the 369 Bermuda Triangle....can someone explain it?

·
Registered
IEI 417
445 Posts
Hey, I don't understand the 369 Bermuda Triangle....can someone explain it?
I assumed it's just because it forms a perfect triangle on the enneagram shape! but maybe I'm wrong!

·
Registered
IEI 417
445 Posts
@Karkino
I just realized one of my closest friends is the 469 tritype (6w5 core). She's an INTP.
I appreciate her so much because she is a deep thinker and sensitive soul. She is one of the funniest people I know with a nuanced sense of humor, and her interests lie all over the spectrum so it is never boring to be around her.
I do see that she struggles with a lot of self-doubt, and she has in fact struggled with depression in the past, though that is probably not type-related. Honestly, she's genuinely such an interesting person, and one of my few friends that I never tire from. and i'm very picky about my friends, haha

You would not think so based on her type, but she's actually such a good public speaker.
It is strange because she has a weird combination of confidence and self doubt. She does not seem to second guess the things that keep me up at night, but en revanche she struggles over things I don't think about at all. So in that respect I've always had some admiration for her, because I feel that we are similar, yet our comforts, and I admire her for the things that are effortless for her (that she doesn't even realize are that way!)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts