Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
ENFP-A - 2w3 - JEEP
5,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the site changing its looks do you think a certain MBTI type would have more difficulties to change? If you think it's this option which type do you think would have the most frustration with it and what function do you think is the cause?

Or is it even type related and that human begins have an internal complication and brief dilemma to change?

·
exploring space
ENFP
8,990 Posts
I'd say it relates to introversion and maybe the Rational attitude the most. That's commonly J and T/F doms in the MBTI theory.
I'm personally rather lowkey excited to explore everything. Don't feel one bit frustrated even after seeing some faults here and there.

·
Beer Guardian
PerC Host, ENTP 5w6 So/Sx 584 ILE
14,952 Posts
With the site changing its looks do you think a certain MBTI type would have more difficulties to change? If you think it's this option which type do you think would have the most frustration with it and what function do you think is the cause?

Or is it even type related and that human begins have an internal complication and brief dilemma to change?
Well, I for one am not thrilled with it, but I'm perfectly capable of adapting to it. I'm not going to let it get me down.

·
Registered
Why do you want to know my vehicle details.
4,926 Posts
I thought something was wrong with my browser and VPN proxy at first, but then realized the new look must be the forum remake.

It's okay. I don't dislike it as long as I can find easily find everything I normally use. The chatbox seems to be made more prominent, so that's a welcome change.

Although it looks like they did away with the robot smilies! :eek:

·
私を愛して
ESTJ; LSE; 3w4; Sp/Sx
14,683 Posts
Is the distress of change type related?
For me, no.
I purely dislike this change because it's a change in a new direction and style; a direction and style I detest.

Picture yourself spending time watching your favorite TV series, coming to grow and love the characters and theme of the show. To only see that the next season to come is completely different and all the characters have been replaced by some washed up boring actors.
Or, picture yourself spending time playing a video game franchise, coming to grow and love the direction and style of the game. To only see that the next release is completely different and all that beauty is now some trash filled with micro transactions to get money out of you.

Change on it's own isn't the issue. It's when they rob you of your love for something that you once had.

·
exploring space
ENFP
8,990 Posts
For me, no.
I purely dislike this change because it's a change in a new direction and style; a direction and style I detest.

Picture yourself spending time watching your favorite TV series, coming to grow and love the characters and theme of the show. To only see that the next season to come is completely different and all the characters have been replaced by some washed up boring actors.
Or, picture yourself spending time playing a video game franchise, coming to grow and love the direction and style of the game. To only see that the next release is completely different and all that beauty is now some trash filled with micro transactions to get money out of you.

Change on it's own isn't the issue. It's when they rob you of your love for something that you once had.

but isn't that exactly what the issue of change is? that you are attached to something, it changes and causes a reaction.

And I find most people who are averse to change usually have knee-jerk reactions and feel wounded pretty fast, which puts them in a position in which they find it hard to perceive any other perspective of why those changes may not be as bad as they feel.
Personally my knee-jerk reaction to (most) changes is to feel a certain excitement at the option to explore something new, even in your examples which I've experienced with shows & games I loved.

·
Registered
INFP 9w1
788 Posts
I thought something was wrong with my browser and VPN proxy at first, but then realized the new look must be the forum remake.

It's okay. I don't dislike it as long as I can find easily find everything I normally use. The chatbox seems to be made more prominent, so that's a welcome change.

Although it looks like they did away with the robot smilies! :eek:
YES!!! Finally emojis you can actually use without destroying the whole layout of your post! :D
I also think this updated was just necassary a long time ago. This forum was stuck in 2010 or something. It got slower and slower. Less and less popular. I wasn't here for years and only recently joined again and while it was fun and nostalgic, it was also horrible. Especially the slowness! It also either lacked a lot of things that popular social media had or it was very hidden. Usable emojis, rankings, top posts, popularity algorythms, top posters, a good search engine... yes, I know some of these thigns were always there, but either a) hidden, b) super slow or c) boring to use.

While the current state isn't perfect, now there are much more options to keep on track.

But I do understand that some people will really miss the nostalgic feeling. It was an old, warm, caring café before. And now it's modern, white, shiny, trendy. That's a huge change, yes. But I love it.

·
Registered
Mafia playing cat
804 Posts
I think most people find the site change difficult, but J types might be more resistant to the change. I dislike it because it feels like PerC just wants more money and removing some of the tools makes it harder to play mafia here.

·
Registered
ENFP-A - 2w3 - JEEP
5,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
YES!!! Finally emojis you can actually use without destroying the whole layout of your post! :D
I also think this updated was just necassary a long time ago. This forum was stuck in 2010 or something. It got slower and slower. Less and less popular. I wasn't here for years and only recently joined again and while it was fun and nostalgic, it was also horrible. Especially the slowness! It also either lacked a lot of things that popular social media had or it was very hidden. Usable emojis, rankings, top posts, popularity algorythms, top posters, a good search engine... yes, I know some of these thigns were always there, but either a) hidden, b) super slow or c) boring to use.

While the current state isn't perfect, now there are much more options to keep on track.

But I do understand that some people will really miss the nostalgic feeling. It was an old, warm, caring café before. And now it's modern, white, shiny, trendy. That's a huge change, yes. But I love it.
Yeah I do love the new speed, it never lags now. I kind of liked my MBTI title but I just added it to my signature until they can fix or add that issue. I'm sure they'll be open to feedback. There is even a dark mode.

·
Registered
ENFP-A - 2w3 - JEEP
5,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
For me, no.

How did you add the custom title under your avatar? With all your info?

·
Registered
♂️ INFJ 5w4 // IEI-Ni
2,939 Posts
In MBTI Judgers would probably hate it most.

In Functions at least, I know Si or Ni have an aversion to surprising sudden change. For differing reasons but essentially it's still like a wave of chaos coming to knock down your sandcastle.
It is disorientating, and I have to re-figure out how everything operates again which I hate.
It's particularly weird being a mod and yet feeling lost on the site I'm supposed to help moderate. lmfao!

Reminds me of this Frank James video when G-mail changed its design (It's funny how relatable this feels right now).

I'm not opposed to change btw, but I want things to change for the better. There are elements of the redesign that are inferior and lack the charm of the old design. I wouldn't have redesigned it so radically to where it feels like a completely different site now.

·
Registered
ENFP-A - 2w3 - JEEP
5,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
In MBTI Judgers would probably hate it most.

In Functions at least, I know Si or Ni have an aversion to surprising sudden change. For differing reasons but essentially it's still like a wave of chaos coming to knock down your sandcastle.
It is disorientating, and I have to re-figure out how everything operates again which I hate.
It's particularly weird being a mod and yet feeling lost on the site I'm supposed to help moderate. lmfao!

Reminds me of this Frank James video when G-mail changed its design (It's funny how relatable this feels right now).

I'm not opposed to change btw, but I want things to change for the better. There are elements of the redesign that are inferior and lack the charm of the old design. I wouldn't have redesigned it so radically to where it feels like a completely different site now.
Yeah I'm easier about change. Like the first day I might be a little discombobulated and I'm still learning the ends and out but I just think everything will work out in the end. Most of it is grumbling over my own laziness of not wanting to learn all the new parts but there is still something that remains like a curious child trying out all the new exciting buttons. Like if I push this... what happens? To me, it's fun exploring something new while simultaneously disappointed about losing something that worked.

Like every time there is a FB update they always somehow change (every time) the look of the photo button but also where it's location is and I'm left going arggggg trying to find the photo button so if I'm out and about (rare) that if I run into someone and I force to show them my epic portfolio of what an amazing photographer I am, I need A. Have fast speed loading the photos and B. Be able to find their location.

This site not so much of a reaction. My first reaction was MEH they changed it, my brain automatically said "Shit, now I have to learn this site all over again." There are some things I don't like which I'm working around but so far I enjoy the speed. I really enjoy how efficient the search engine is. Before searching for something was laughable at best. I still think they should auto pop your MBTI type, this is the reason why I joined the site but others have found a quick workaround on that in the Vehicle field. I feel I should at least display that I do indeed own a A fully loaded Jeep Grand Cherokee but that seemed too long for that field so I went with Jeep. I'm still waiting for someone to post RustBucket in the field lmao. Anyways I guess I can plan for the future but if things don't go as planned I don't get my feathers to ruffle. I just kind of go with the flow. Though again I'm an ENFP so us bending with the wind and flowing easily with it, is kind of our thing. I mean I can still point out flaws and still point out suggestions but other than that I just work with it.

At first I thought that change was just a human aspect and not type related but there are some having difficulties, most from what I can see are Sensors and then maybe followed by Judgers.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Js are known to be more change-avoidant than Ps, as J's like certainty and Ps tend to like new experiences and going with the flow.

I would think that SJs would have the most difficulty with change, out of all the Js...

·
The spirit of the spirits
10,954 Posts
For me, no.

But isn't that just Si and Fi evaluating situation?

·
Registered
ENTJ; 8w7; Persian C
9,428 Posts
I do not see the big deal; but I don't have that [attentiveness to extreme details]. It looks good to me, because I don't care about the details or even noticed it -- on that previous thread, specimen(s) are caring about the "Premium button" -- yet I mentioned I couldn't even find the button & could not remember which page I even saw it on to be considered a "noticeably big deal" -- until I saw it was on the column page or whatever, still does not bother me because I can ignored & forget it is there. All I noticed was how fast the site is moving and the improvement(s) - it feels like an upgrade in scale improvement, rather than a drastic change (e.g. the Website still saying "PersonalityCafe - and having a more realistic coffee cup is an upgrade; instead of a change). And my (Te) is just tickling and satisfied with the improvement, my (Ni) excited and patient to tinker with the new features/improvements soon to come and my (Fi) wanting to tell the whiners to shut up (because I'm annoyed).

Some guy in another thread said that "Friends List" being changed to "Follow" killed the whole experience. I didn't even notice that change, and still it doesn't bother me - it seems like a trivial detail, to worry about or feel something sentimental towards, however Fi-users/Si-users with that high on their stack seem to be responding to such a trivial thing with questioning of the 'authenticity' and the 'true motivations' behind the Admin(s) in maliciously sabotaging their users personally - because it appears more "social media like". Yet I am not picking up any personalized ill-intent from the Admin(s) in change - only a necessary means of change. :ROFLMAO:

I notice introverted type(s) are paying more importance to trivialities, and Si-user(s) even more to trivial details. In later threads, they are not "getting used to it" - it was never that bad of a change. The Ti-user(s) seemed have stripped the website of all demonstrably better flow to 'dissect' all the flaws and make them correspond to their perceived more consistent flow of things, to which I find trivial. The (Ni)-doms are more so "Let's see what happens, it was inevitable and I'm skeptical but welcoming/liking it (Ni-Te)," hidden away in their INTJ-forums.

There is a heavy-Ti INTP guy at work I use as my 'system sweeper/checker', I found the guy annoyingly unnecessary at first, but now he is very useful and I'm grateful. He loves sweeping up all my missed whatever at the expense or impulse of pushing something (that seems great and well-put together) in the moment forward.

·
私を愛して
ESTJ; LSE; 3w4; Sp/Sx
14,683 Posts
I do not see the big deal; but I don't have that [attentiveness to extreme details]. It looks good to me, because I don't care about the details or even noticed it -- on that previous thread, specimen(s) are caring about the "Premium button" -- yet I mentioned I couldn't even find the button & could not remember which page I even saw it on to be considered a "noticeably big deal" -- until I saw it was on the column page or whatever, still does not bother me because I can ignored & forget it is there. All I noticed was how fast the site is moving and the improvement(s) - it feels like an upgrade in scale improvement, rather than a drastic change (e.g. the Website still saying "PersonalityCafe - and having a more realistic coffee cup is an upgrade; instead of a change). And my (Te) is just tickling and satisfied with the improvement, my (Ni) excited and patient to tinker with the new features/improvements soon to come and my (Fi) wanting to tell the whiners to shut up (because I'm annoyed).

Some guy in another thread said that "Friends List" being changed to "Follow" killed the whole experience. I didn't even notice that change, and still it doesn't bother me - it seems like a trivial detail, to worry about or feel something sentimental towards. :ROFLMAO:

I notice introverted type(s) are paying more importance to trivialities, and Si-user(s) even more to trivial details. In later threads, they are not "getting used to it" - it was never that bad of a change. The Ti-user(s) seemed have stripped the website of all demonstrably better flow to 'dissect' all the flaws and make them correspond to their perceived more consistent flow of things, to which I find trivial. The (Ni)-doms are more so "Let's see what happens, it was inevitable and I'm skeptical but welcoming," hidden away in their INTJ-forums.
I suppose if you ignore all the things about the changes then I guess the changes don't seem so bad.
Perhaps if I look at this site with my eyes closed then I see no problems.
Ignorance = bliss

·
Registered
ENTJ; 8w7; Persian C
9,428 Posts
I suppose if you ignore all the things about the changes then I guess the changes don't seem so bad.
Perhaps if I look at this site with my eyes closed then I see no problems.
Ignorance = bliss
Ironic. It is quite obvious your post(s) are biased "blinded" by Si - but sure, this bizarre aversion and hypersensitivity (and drawing up irrelevant 'comfort scenarios' to reference discomfort with change) while simultaneously paying attention to non-essential/yet trivial details, as well is not just some (Si) thing. :ROFLMAO:

But that's where we differ, because now I did not notice at first (but now aware of trivial details of change) that have no effect on my like of the website in the grand scheme of things - which is different from willful ignorance, but have adapted i.e. accepted noticeable trivial changes while still managing to see the merit in the opposing, instead of pulled back with painful aversion (and rejection) which is most common among Si-users in a general sense, which would be more apparent with a little introspection.

Yeah, the "Si-Te/Te-Si" combo loves driving; but only ever in reverse based of their certainty "informed" by the success of 'it ain't broke, don't fix it' mentalities .. while simultaneously ignoring that the unbroken pristine "glass" they aim to preserve and protect sits ON an unstable and weak foundation. Had the website not be upgraded/changed - it would've ceased to exist with the forever transforming technological world; the change was done to prevent the breakage (N) - not to preserve the already perfect glass (S).

The forest really IS more beautiful than the trees; but I won't discredit the hardwork of the LumberJacks.

·
私を愛して
ESTJ; LSE; 3w4; Sp/Sx
14,683 Posts
Ironic. It is quite obvious your post(s) are biased "blinded" by Si - but sure, this bizarre aversion and hypersensitivity (and drawing up irrelevant 'comfort scenarios' to reference discomfort with change) while simultaneously paying attention to non-essential/yet trivial details, as well is not just some (Si) thing. :ROFLMAO:

But that's where we differ, because now I did not notice at first (but now aware of trivial details of change) that have no effect on my like of the website in the grand scheme of things - which is different from willful ignorance, but have adapted i.e. accepted noticeable trivial changes while still managing to see the merit in the opposing, instead of pulled back with painful aversion (and rejection) which is most common among Si-users in a general sense, which would be more apparent with a little introspection.

Yeah, the "Si-Te/Te-Si" combo loves driving; but only ever in reverse based of their certainty "informed" by the success of 'it ain't broke, don't fix it' mentalities .. while simultaneously ignoring that the unbroken pristine "glass" they aim to preserve and protect sits ON an unstable and weak foundation. Had the website not be upgraded/changed - it would've ceased to exist with the forever transforming technological world; the change was done to prevent the breakage (N) - not to preserve the already perfect glass (S).

The forest really IS more beautiful than the trees; but I won't discredit the hardwork of the LumberJacks.
Seems like you are arguing against Si, rather than arguing against me.
You assume I function as the Si you are trying to portray.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts