Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you often feel like the grass is greener on the other side?

Because I use to feel like this often... like it could always be better. I sometimes have to play mind games with myself so I don't think that way when it comes to certain things that I 'know' I shouldn't think that about.

What about you? What have you felt could be better? And, has there ever been a time when you knew things were as green as they were gonna get or that you could make it?

Is this syndrome a curse or a blessing?

Reactions: Humilis Curator

·
Registered
107 Posts
It's always greener somewhere. The moment you're on the 'other side' is the moment you stop trying. Heading towards something gives you purpose.

That said, I've achieved a lot in my life, the only thing left that I want to do is get married while I'm still young. Everything else after that I want to be able to share with someone, and it's optional.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
The world is what you make it, your future is what you put into it. YOU can make the grass as green as you damn well want and the kicker is, you can do it. You have the capability to mold you and your world into what you want. You just have to possess the motivation to do so.

In the same breath, one must know when to stop and when to ease back as to not ruin the green grass one is already standing on and the grass just over the hill. You have to know when to push and you have to know when to let back, it is a precarious dance.

Idealism must be mixed with reality or ideals will stay as ideals and reality will become stagnant. This is both for humanity on a global scale and individually. Dreams matter and so do the grass on the hill over there because the grass represents the dreams we have for the future.

It is healthy to have huge goals as long as you plan out how to do it. As I said above, dreams must be mixed with reality or we will become let down. Remember those lessons in school and other places? You must have short term and long term goals? Well, they are right.

Something from my blog which is applicable here....
Humilis Curator said:
Everything happens for a reason, nothing happens for a reason. The means and ends in all of our ventures on this world are interpreted by us and it is us who give them negative or positive implications on our psyche. The universe is objective to us, we are subjects to ourselves and it is our humanity that will liberate us from the wrappings of the constant dull drum beat of life.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
The majority of people invariably long for that which they do not have. Sometimes the weak and impoverished long for power and wealth, and sometimes the rich and powerful get bogged down in the details and wish for 'a simpler life'. A lot of people take the good points of their existence for granted, usually not realizing what they can lose until it's lost.

And, sometimes, 'the journey is more important than the destination' is an adage that rings true - once you have attained that for which you've been longing, you lose interest in it.

People are kinda weird like that.

Personally, I feel that if you have the basics of life pinned down (good, stable job; good living space; work you enjoy; good family; etc.) then you have it pretty good in life.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts