Personality Cafe banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know many people can be against the INFP, and some people just don't understand their ideals, but the world, the universe, the force, God, whatever you want to call it, is it on the side of the INFP? Does it help INFP's along, when they're trying to do a good thing, or is the universe just mainly indifferent or neutral?

·
Registered
251 Posts
I don't know if the universe is on anyone's side.

We can be on our own sides, though.

I guess it's depressing, but I don't really know what to tell you. Anyone who tells you they know what god is thinking is either misguided or a liar.

Edit: I mean, sometimes I feel really strongly that the world is on my side, but what logical explanation is there for that?

·
Registered
752 Posts
I'd say at least for me, the world is against me.

I mean, this world is driven by mainly greed and selfishness, hatred and a whole assortment of other things.

But that's okay, I didn't expect this place to be full of rainbows. I'll pave my own path.

·
Registered
728 Posts
I don't know about the world, but the general population is for sure against us. It's easier now that I'm older, but to be back in highschool or wherever, it's easy to see that INFP's go against every retarded standard of acting cool, being a man and being attractive to girls. My whole life so called friends have ridiculed me for being a fag and told me that all my problems are due to me acting different or 'wrong'. I know for a fact that girls who would have otherwise liked me were greatly turned off by the fact that I am so sensitive, that I try to be fair and real with them, and that I care about how they feel. I have been scolded for not being romantic when I asked if a girl if she was ready to take the next step. I have been made fun of for not being all about sex and actually wanting to be close to someone. Nowadays I am proud of my morals, and glad that I never broke my rule of don't sleep with someone if you can't say I love you.

I used to feel guilty about being a man and even ebing attracted to girls because of all the femnist crap that I took to heart. It's like we get hurt by all of the anger women have towards men, and then they reject us when we try to be what we were told they want. Sensitive men get kicked around by both sexes, I am still hurt by the way so many girls resented me for being a guy and then went out with my asshole friends. I know girls have it just as bad but of course I have never been in their shoes. All I know is that it's confusing trying to please everyone and finding out that what they say they want is not what they are attracted to. Fortunately I don't buy into it anymore, I know it's a huge double standard. My intelligent, sensitive, caring roomate and I both had incredible difficulties attracting women. We often talked about how we were rejected for being 'nice guys', but we weren't all low-self-esteem and stuff, at least not on the oustide. It didn't matter, we didn't fit the mold and felt punished for it. I am still hurt by it all, but am doing my best to let it go and realize that this stuff happens to everyone. But being someone who takes it very personally when someone doesn't like me, it has been painful to realize that most guys and girls resent me for being the way I am.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I think we're sort of the yin to humanity's yang... Maybe perfect lakeside sunsets and spontaneous double rainbows and dreamy meteor showers are expressions of the universe's gratitude for the balance we offer. :happy:

·
Banned
1,987 Posts
I think we're sort of the yin to humanity's yang... Maybe perfect lakeside sunsets and spontaneous double rainbows and dreamy meteor showers are expressions of the universe's gratitude for the balance we offer. :happy:
This is a very perfect answer! :happy:

·
MOTM Dec 2012
12,239 Posts
I know many people can be against the INFP, and some people just don't understand their ideals, but the world, the universe, the force, God, whatever you want to call it, is it on the side of the INFP? Does it help INFP's along, when they're trying to do a good thing, or is the universe just mainly indifferent or neutral?
do not worry about the universe being on your side little grasshopper...

just trust

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
The universe is the way you allow yourself to perceive it. Admittedly that is a lot easier said than done because not everyone's path in life is the same.
But given two people in the same situation, attitude is the deciding factor.

I know the truth of this because for quite a few years I would see the world in a rather negative light, denying(or more correctly forcibly suppressing) my own faith in life and love. My attitude became stuck in the material world(as opposed to the spiritual).

But I learned enough to realise the error of my ways. If I want the world to change I must be the change I want to see, as Gandhi said.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts