Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I see a pattern as to what introverts needs vs. extroverts needs and a small difference between N/S needs when talking about aftercare in a bdsm realtion.

So I was wondering, what do you think?

Is there a correlation between what kind of aftercare you need depending on your MBTI type?

·
Registered
13 Posts
I think if aftercare and safewords are necessary, people are taking the activity too far. I can't say I get it, what's the point of going so far that you need those inconveniences? If someone says to stop, you stop. If they didn't truly want you to stop, then they shouldn't have said so. Subspace is a state induced by intense stress, likely having to do with endorphins and opiate receptors like heroin. I guess people go that far because bdsm is like drug addiction. I simply don't think it's healthy.

I might not get it because I wouldn't do anything related to pain with someone I just met, whereas that kind of stuff is more useful in situations where people don't know each other, and can't discuss what's okay and what's not, like at events.

When it comes to aftercare, it's something that comes with the territory of taking things to an unnecessarily intense degree. Numbness and apathy is not a good sign and I don't think it's right.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
I totally agree with @samyets, wanted to say something similar but you reached there first :)

We're excercising some things with my SO too which "by the book" are told to require safewords and whatever but we don't - what'd be the point of going so far that they're needed? If you or your partner has to use them, "party" would be ruined anyway and neither of you would be happy about such kind of result, right? And yes, one could just tell that don't do this or that - can't understand why's there often an illusion that you shouldn't communicate during such activities with each other.

It's more efficient to experiment smoothly, see what's pleasurable for you and partner and what's not, instead of dealing with unpleasant consequences - the latter is in my opinion wrong goal to aim for :) The focus should be on creating exciting experience not on "optimizing" unwanted outcomes.

On the other hand, who knows if my opinion is in correlation with my type - might be, might not. I'm ENFP.

·
Beer Guardian
ENTP 5w6 So/Sx 584 ILE Honorary INTJ
15,513 Posts
I think I see a pattern as to what introverts needs vs. extroverts needs and a small difference between N/S needs when talking about aftercare in a bdsm realtion.

So I was wondering, what do you think?

Is there a correlation between what kind of aftercare you need depending on your MBTI type?
I'm at an age where "aftercare" can have very different meanings depending on what we're talking about.

I am assuming post-coital? I like a nice snuggle and some form of acknowledgement that the experience was as good for her as it was for me (if that is the case). Hopefully she'll feel confident enough in herself (and me) to tell me if I did something she didn't like, or would like me to modify going forward.

Reactions: series0

·
Registered
9,042 Posts
I think that cross sectioning BDSM and MBTI and people who WILL post on a public forum, is going to yield a very very small almost non-existent set of people.

@tanstaafl28, that was freaking hilarious man! I was kind of thinking along those lines when i hit your post, so it had even more humorous effect. ... But I need no aftercare.

I have to agree with the above two posters. Although I am familiar with BDSM and the terms used, I kind of find all the rules and procedures nonsensical. That is to say, in any walk of life, one of the goals SHOULD be to exceed your supposed limitations. Of course there is that morality thing that just ekes in there as well.

Of course as an ENTP, rules-breaking is my religion, so, petty and ridiculous requirements are likely to be ridiculed before, during, and after. So, I have to say, it all depends on the strength of the relationship, vis a vis how much nonsense I will tolerate and maintain.

Reactions: tarmonk
1 - 5 of 5 Posts