Personality Cafe banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ENFP females and being insecure?

And do you believe many ENFP males are insecure?

A lot of ENFP girls I've known or grown up with in my life, are very insecure.
I dislike to generalize, but not enough to not ask about this observation.

Sharing your personal experiences would be well appreciated as well :proud:

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
I'm an ENFP female that's insecure, although that's most likely because of my social anxiety, so I can't speak on behalf of other ENFP females.

·
Registered
716 Posts
I wouldn't know for everyone but I used to be that way I think it's more about becoming comfortable in your own skin and knowing your own worth; there are still moments where it happens but for the most part I don't think I am

·
Registered
436 Posts
Unfortunaly I would have to say yes.

That's actually one of the main reasons I had a hard time recognizing myself as an ENFP. I lack the willingness to mold myself around others like most of us do. I'm just too prideful of who I am to do such a thing.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I'm insecure about myself in general sometimes, especially at school. But I know that my insecurities are probably the things that make me who I am, and i wouldn't give that up for anything.

·
Registered
220 Posts
How old are these girls? During puberty everyone is insecure because of social standards and perception. As we're growing up we (hopefully) learn to love ourselves for who we are and accept ourselves for what we are.
It also depends on the enviroment that you grow up in. I noticed a lot of people will preach the 'be yourself' but then expect you to conform to society anyway.
I got lucky and grew up with great people and family who did value the true you.

Err... short answer; I don't have many insecurities but I accept them and I love my gloriously flawed self.

·
Registered
4,683 Posts
I would say when I was younger I was pretty insecure in some ways. I was always very secure in relationships and in trusting the person I'm with, so it wasn't related to that sort of thing; I was more insecure when it came to competition.

I'm a naturally competitive person, but I feared competing formally in any way because I felt that not winning meant it was proof that I was not as special, talented, interesting, etc. as others. I guess you could say I took things personally back then, where now, it takes a lot more for me to take something personally. I have thought about what could cause such a dramatic shift in my confidence and personality in general, and I've come to the conclusion the development of Te and Si as I've gotten older has helped...or perhaps growth in going by way of virtues rather than vices, if we consider enneagram.

I have a lot more confidence now, which can still be shaken from time to time, but self-awareness helps pull me back in so I don't become consumed in it. The quote in my signature captures it perfectly...

"When we are angry or depressed in our creativity, we have misplaced our power. We have allowed someone else to determine our worth, and then we are angry at being undervalued."
-Julia Margaret Cameron

When I find myself questioning my abilities, or feeling down about myself, I read this quote and remind myself of the trap my mind is falling into...misplacing my power, as the quote describes. When I remember this, I am able to pull myself back in and get away from that way of thinking, and my confidence is restored.

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
I'm an ENFP male and am extremely insecure. But when my "captain wildchild" button is switched and I'm the life of the party, I'm too busy bouncing around the walls conversing with every soul in the room for my extremely well-hidden insecure side to show.

·
Registered
930 Posts
I used to be, sure. Everyone gets insecurities when they're teenagers but I think our Ne overloads Fi with information which can lead to us being anxious/angsty or irritable.

I used to talk way more than I should when I was younger because of that, but I'm getting a grip on it now :p

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
I've become far more secure this year but I still have bouts of insecurity. A lot of ENFP males have this problem as well. I spent a few hours last night assuring one that he wasn't a horrible, unlikable person who would die alone. I felt like I was talking to myself less than a year ago! I must have sounded idiotic. It was such a good experience being on the other side because for the first time, I started to realize that all the crap I believed about myself wasn't true, that if I could assure what was basically a male me that he wouldn't be alone forever, I could sure as heck assure myself of that fact.

For the record, I apologize to everyone who has seen my rampant insecurity this year. I now acknowledge how stupid it all was.

For any insecure ENFPs (and any other types) out there... YOU'RE AWESOME!! You have no real reason to be insecure, you just believe a lot of lies your brain is feeding you. And they are lies, all lies. You are special and wonderful and there is no one else out there exactly like you! And if no one likes you now, give it some time and someone will see you for the person you want to be. Just hang in there. Things can take a turn for the better in an instant. Just believe in yourself and don't get discouraged when you fail. :proud:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts