Personality Cafe banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I consistently test as INTJ and the type description is pretty spot on for me, but I'm curious to see if INTP or INFP would be the next most accurate type that describes me, and how the other types would rank after that. Is there a free test out there that ranks or scores how well each of the 16 types describe you?

·
Registered
ENTJ 8w9
1,748 Posts
I consistently test as INTJ and the type description is pretty spot on for me, but I'm curious to see if INTP or INFP would be the next most accurate type that describes me, and how the other types would rank after that. Is there a free test out there that ranks or scores how well each of the 16 types describe you?
https://jupiter-34.appspot.com/

I think this is what you're looking for... It's the only one I know of that does what you're describing. I don't know how good it is...

·
Registered
108 Posts
@Strelnikov
I don't think that's the most accurate test. What it seems to do is, it measures your how much you identify with a certain value.
I consistently scored as ESTP which seems to be correlated to dominance. On the other hand, ENTPs are tied to exploration. And so on.
How about taking a functions test, and then calculating the average of the percentages scored on a type's 4 functions?
For instance, INFJ. Let's say you got 40% Ni, 35% Fe, 20% Ti and 23% Se. The average of these is 29.5% -> this would mean you're 29.5% likely to be an INFJ.
Ultimately, the sum of all the percentages of types, divided by 16, should give you 100%. But I'll have to test that.

·
Registered
ENTJ 8w9
1,748 Posts
2. You are better at learning:
.abstract concepts
.facts and procedures

Concret concepts... All this test are sh*t...
Yes, I also don't like these questions. Some of the questions in the tests ask things I've never even thought about like do I get more energy by hanging with people or by being alone. I never noticed anything like that about me... Usually, I spend time alone, but yes, I do get more energy by meeting people or being in crowded places (except some places)... It took me a few years to realise that, since I never associated my energy levels with the presence or absence of people. And even there, it depends on the crowded place: nightclub? Nope, I hate those! I get bored so fast, because I can't talk to people and it seems pointless and I feel aimless... Sporting event? I love those! Count me in! Cheering and shouting with tens of thousands of people... So yes, it's less clear cut than choosing between 2 options... Or book vs party? What kind of book? What kind of party? Who else is coming? Usually I'd say no to both, but yes to a film or going at a bar.

So don't rely too much on any tests to find out your type, although there are some tests that did give me a correct result consistently for me, such as the ones on IDRLabs.

·
Banned
688 Posts
So don't rely too much on any tests to find out your type, although there are some tests that did give me a correct result consistently for me, such as the ones on IDRLabs.
Yes, the cognitive functions test is correct. I have ISTP over INTJ and INTP . But... Same question. You like talking about theory... On abstract or concret subjects?

·
Registered
642 Posts

on my first try INFP wasn't even one of the top results... and how did my answers result in INTJ? what does "being interested in flying airplanes as a hobby" have to do with typology?
i get that the site was intended to look 'clean' with as little visual information as possible, but they could at least they could at least have put a button that says something like "the reasoning behind this test" so i could at least how it works.

but i think it's nice that they give people who already know their type the option to send it at the end, it could be a helpful feedback to the test if there were no mistypes and dishonest answers.

·
Registered
ENTJ 8w9
1,748 Posts
Yes, the cognitive functions test is correct. I have ISTP over INTJ and INTP . But... Same question. You like talking about theory... On abstract or concret subjects?
It would be abstract for me. Now the thing is this... The question doesn't really make it clear. Also, it's about what you do MOST of the time, not ALL of the time.

I like to talk about concrete topics, but in an abstract way. More exactly, I can take an event... real-life thing... and when I talk I transform it into theory. A lot of people think I'm saying things I learned in books. But in fact it's my on-the-spot interpretation of real-life concrete facts. But my interpretation naturally becomes abstract. I draw those abstract conclusions based on the real-life concrete event. So the discussion becomes philosophical. I look at Bob killed Jim and I transform the discussion into one about criminality in modern day society. In general, I like discussions about politics or history and these become a combination of psychological analysis of political/historical actors and a philosophy of human nature. But the discussion would begin from X politician said Y. Details are barely mentioned.

What I did notice about S-types. For example, the same Bob killed Jim situation. S-types seem to focus their attention on what Bob used to kill Jim, how brutal or smart the killer was, what was his motivation for committing the murder. It never becomes a tendency towards generalisation. They are focused more on discussing the immediate effects of the murder on the victim's family or on the details of the investigation. It doesn't tend to become a discussion about modern day criminality or what motivates people in general to commit murder. For S-types, the attention is mostly focused on Bob and Jim and the details of the circumstances that led to the crime. You don't have the same tendency to generalise and conceptualise further with S-types.

So, even in a concrete case discussion, usually I as an N-type will tend to generalise or discuss the bigger aspects starting from the specific case, while others like S-types will tend to keep the discussion focused on the specific details of the case.

·
Registered
ENTJ 8w9
1,748 Posts

on my first try INFP wasn't even one of the top results... and how did my answers result in INTJ? what does "being interested in flying airplanes as a hobby" have to do with typology?
i get that the site was intended to look 'clean' with as little visual information as possible, but they could at least they could at least have put a button that says something like "the reasoning behind this test" so i could at least how it works.

but i think it's nice that they give people who already know their type the option to send it at the end, it could be a helpful feedback to the test if there were no mistypes and dishonest answers.
Yes... Sorry about that... I did say I don't know how good it is... But it's the only one I know of with a ranking per types, which is what the OP requested.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts