Personality Cafe banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I apologize in advance if dozens of people have already asked this somewhere else. I didn't see those posts, if they do exist. I've seen statistics for the general population, but imagine the results would be a bit different here. My best guess is that there are more IXXXs here than in general population, can anyone confirm or deny that?

·
Premium Member
10,519 Posts
Reactions: vel

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Thank you for this link! I've never noticed it before, it's so cool! :D Such an almost completely clear cut - the first four most common types are all IN's, then EN's, then IS's and ES's last. ENTJs need just seven people more to make the absolute grouping ... Damn, now I want also the crosstabulations for types by sex!

·
Registered
INTP Female
26,829 Posts
Thank you for this link! I've never noticed it before, it's so cool! :D Such an almost completely clear cut - the first four most common types are all IN's, then EN's, then IS's and ES's last. ENTJs need just seven people more to make the absolute grouping ... Damn, now I want also the crosstabulations for types by sex!
Generally, men tend to be more extroverted than women, more sensing than women, more thinking than women and more judging than women - ST and NT types are probably more male-dominated, whilst SF and NF types are probably more female dominated.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Yes ... they tend to be. I would like to know if this actually holds ;) Also N and I are supposed to be more female and I'm interested in which of the letters gets the most bias etc. And the proportion of the sexes is almost 50:50 and it would be fun to see the distribution :)

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Generally, men tend to be more extroverted than women, more sensing than women, more thinking than women and more judging than women - ST and NT types are probably more male-dominated, whilst SF and NF types are probably more female dominated.
Actually, I heard that the % of introverts in the male population was higher than for females. Additionally, this is only a piece of supporting evidence, but the #1 male type is ISTJ. #1 female type is ESFJ. (as far as population percentages go)

My own anecdotal evidence also supports this. I know far more male I's than female I's.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts