1. INTP/INTJ
  2. INFP/INFJ
  3. ENTP/ENTJ
  4. ENFP/ENFJ
  5. ISTP/ISTJ
  6. ISFP/ISFJ
  7. ESTP/ESTJ
  8. ESFP/ESFJ

This goes into a complex system breaking down WHY it ranks the order but honestly, when I see these sorts of things I can't help but to think, " Some asswipe decided to take a test to validate themselves and feel superior to other 'types' " Not knowing that some of the lesser 'types' have skillsets they lack in.

I'm also of the belief that any type who has enough ambition to gain the intelligence that they desire will do so.
I've seen it. I've seen people of other types amaze me with their knowledge and intelligence. I can't help but to to think people who are of this opinion are ego driven and using stats and numbers to try and justify their type's superiority. I've seen ESTJ who is supposed to be the 2nd least intelligent type amaze me with their creative though processing, and sheer knowledge of many topics. I've sen INTx (especially on this board) unable to even reason adequately, and not know when to stfu because they are just plain wrong.

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
I would weigh whether or not somebody is an S or an N as being the most important part of influence. This is the one big giveaway towards intelligence IMHO. I would estimate that roughly 85% of influence and intelligence can be ascertained through whether or not somebody is an S or an N.
lol

The main mistake they made was organising the types by J/P in their rankings. Ridiculous.

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
@Sadist

I just had a brief look at it, it says the J/P divide has no significance, yet every perceiver is smarter than its judging counterpart, ridiculous.

Anyway, people are much more complex than their types.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
No there is no merit to that, nobody is better than anybody else the end
Silly. I'm better than you at playing video games. Boom, counter-example'd.

If the action which we're judging skill at is not defined, then that makes comparisons nonsensical.

If the action which we're judging skill at is defined, people can and are better than other people.

No, because it isn't something you can correlate.
Why can't you correlate it?

lol

The main mistake they made was organising the types by J/P in their rankings. Ridiculous.
Says the person with the ridiculous cognitive function order that also doesn't make any sense according to Jung. (--Not that I believe in his framework anyways)

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Self-reports on both aren't reliable. Are we basing smartness on an IQ test or something that appeals to certain intelligence? Lots of people mistype in self-reports so there's that too.
Nothing in Jung states that there's any correlation between type and intelligence for a reason.
See the thing from @Retsu about J and P. Maybe in type dichotomies which often can be used by behavior and not by a person's cognition. In MBTI, they have separate functions. Even if we go in Socionics types, those would be quasi-identical.

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Says the person with the ridiculous cognitive function order that also doesn't make any sense according to Jung. (--Not that I believe in his framework anyways)
Meh, looks pretty. Reminds me that I'm ISTJ and to wear the badge proudly. The other functions are filler.

Anyway you can't say it's not ridiculous to group together two types in the list just because they have the same letters apart from the end one, when the functions are completely flipped.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Test results try to indicate a best typing for a person, but they virtually never give results that line up because they aren't something you can easily test and Jung's type meanings weren't done by sentence-long behaviors that are seemingly described on something like the Dave Super Powers YouTube channel.

·
(ㅇㅅㅇ❀) Meow
681 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
From N's Are Smarter Than S's:

Some popular S's

I'm not saying S's are bad. I'm saying they're not smart. They are not the leaders of the world. They rarely make a most respectable people throughout history list. I'm sorry for having to be the one that breaks it to you, but somebody had to. It is what it is. S's may be good at entertaining you or making you laugh. They may be good at sports. But they're not good at running countries, running businesses, innovating, improving the standard of living or anything else of higher value than simply entertainment. They don't make the lists for a reason. They don't have what it takes.
As good as entertainers like Lady Gaga, Brad Pitt, Justin Bieber and Barack Obama are at entertaining they're just not going to make the cut for being historically influential. And the entertainers of Plato's time, Jesus' time, Muhammad's time, Bacon's time and so forth also sadly didn't make the list. That is because they're not influential.
Evolving

There is still much more to this than simply being influential. I think the vast majority of N's start off as S's as they are children and slowly start to wake up and outgrow being an S. S is a stage of taking in your environment and learning the basic dynamics behind life. S's love their senses because their senses are their teacher. But once you learn the basic dynamics behind the physical world you start to move onto the more abstract and deep things. You move out of the physical and into the mind. You move out of the shallow everyday things and into the more philosophical. It doesn't mean that you don't appreciate or understand the immediate, physical things -- it just means that you're past that.
Clearly a genius.

I get the feeling he's a disgruntled sensing type. Or I just really hope he is. That would be beautiful irony.

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
This article doesn't look to have any merit - the insistence upon S/N being at the heart of what is intelligent and what isn't is predictably unsubstantiated, and there doesn't look to be any basis in the claims made beyond speculation and opinion, which is to say the article is simply making it up.

Obviously, as has been much discussed, IQ is a questionable measure for intelligence, but interestingly enough, a perceiving preference is actually the one that correlates most with a high IQ:
http://uk.psytech.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Intelligence-2009-08-11.pdf

And it's obviously worth mentioning that average scores by types don't mean that individuals of any type can't be intelligent, and that many are (and many aren't). But the most obvious point is that an article coming up with rationalisations for why the conclusions it wants to reach are right has no credibility whatsoever.

·
Banned
21,040 Posts
But the most obvious point is that an article coming up with rationalisations for why the conclusions it wants to reach are right has no credibility whatsoever.
This is like saying crazy people can't ever be right because they're crazy, but the standards of truth are facts and reasons, and if a biased person happens to have the right facts and sound reasons, even if by chance, then he will be right, his prejudices notwithstanding--ie, your argument here is ad hominem.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Statistics. Too general to be true to every individual case (duhrr)

Also

-MBTI is an artificial abstract system which may or may not be a precursor to a more empirical neuroscience
-Intellect/mind power has many facets as well as dynamic complexities
-Who really gives a shit

Reactions: TurtleQueen

·
Banned
1,536 Posts
It doesn't make any sense. Being concrete doesn't mean being dumb. And being abstract doesn't mean being smart.

Intelligence is (IMHO, because it's so hard to define), having good perception, and being able to make great judgments.

It doesn't matter if you're judgment is an ethical or a logical one, as long as your judgment is correct.
It doesn't matter if you get things in patterns or in details, as long as you correctly understood.

There are so much type of intelligence, emotional, kinesthetic...

1 - 20 of 91 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.