Personality Cafe banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I mean this in the sense that: solitary activities = boredom; social activities = anxiety [thus creating a kind of double whammy]

For many, it's a natural attribute. For some, it may be a learned thing (perhaps from early bad experiences).

·
Registered
146 Posts
Social activities =/= anxiety all the time for introverts... some introverts just prefer being not surrounded by big groups of people they have meaningless relationships with.

·
Electronica Wizard
ISFP
6,709 Posts
Anxiety is not always associated with introverts. It's just that the social activities can drain an introvert after a while which requires them to recuperate. That doesn't necessarily mean that he / she do not want to socialize.

Reactions: Pinina

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
What an introvert means is pretty much that they have a battery, and when they are with people, that battery uncharges. They often enjoy being with people just as much as extroverts, and may be even more talkative, but it drains them. And then need to recharge.

Reactions: Windblownhair

·
Registered
268 Posts
What an introvert means is pretty much that they have a battery, and when they are with people, that battery uncharges. They often enjoy being with people just as much as extroverts, and may be even more talkative, but it drains them. And then need to recharge.
Exactly.

I really enjoy being out with my friends, and thus making me seem more extroverted than a lot of introverts, but after a while it exhausts me and I want some time to keep to myself and recharge. Depending on the group, I can be the more quiet and observing person or one that likes to jump into conversations. In a group of people I don't know, I'm super aloof and prefer to quietly observe, but if I warm up to someone I can easily have a conversation with them.

In contrast, my younger sister is an extrovert and constantly needs to be out with friends, she HATES being alone. She is constantly out and barely spends time with our mom and dad (at least that's what I see when I visit them, and what they tell me.) She never needs to recharge because she's charging energy while she's with friends.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Exactly. Introvert vs extrovert is simply how you charge your batteries. An introvert can be social, but it is draining, and alone time is necessary to recharge their batteries. An extrovert, on the other hand, is drained by alone time and needs to be around people to recharge. I don't know how you would falsify either scenario for long.

·
Registered
9,085 Posts
I look a lot like I'm an introvert... if that's what you mean.

·
Registered
7,063 Posts
Maybe a young, shy Extrovert would think of themselves in that way? Things like social anxiety, or just lack of social skills aren't exclusive to Introverts.

·
Registered
241 Posts
yes

yes because they could act as though they are E's, it could be confusing, i know. I'm an I, but some people see me as an E's, I like talking to a lot of people. I don't always like to stay home, unless, I'm really tired. I usually need a second wind, then I'm good as new, then I become an E again, I basically need to recharge.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.