Personality Cafe banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
ѕιr вυѕтer n&#96
7,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not automatically :smug:

What is failure to you, and how do you :exterminate: it?
Failure to me is a weakness and I exterminate it by combating it. Doing everything I can to achieve my goals. Just keep fighting against it. You know?

·
Registered
686 Posts
I assume you're being sarcastic because, obviously no one wants to fail. However, if you go to great lengths to never be *exposed* in your failures, if you're willing to put in excessive behind-the-scenes effort to give the appearance that you've spontaneously created such an ideal, and if you find that you are actually more ashamed of how 'important others' view you from your failure, rather than the failure itself, you might be a 3!

·
ѕιr вυѕтer n&#96
7,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I assume you're being sarcastic because, obviously no one wants to fail. However, if you go to great lengths to never be *exposed* in your failures, if you're willing to put in excessive behind-the-scenes effort to give the appearance that you've spontaneously created such an ideal, and if you find that you are actually more ashamed of how 'important others' view you from your failure, rather than the failure itself, you might be a 3!
No. That sounds like a hell of a lot of unnecessary effort.

·
Registered
686 Posts
No. That sounds like a hell of a lot of unnecessary effort.
Yes but all types are prone to 'unnecessary' (even ludicrous it might be argued) efforts in their own way (1's through avoidance of corruption, 2's through avoidance of unlovability, 3's through avoidance of worthlessness, 4's through avoidance of insignificance, 5's through avoidance of incapability, 6's through avoidance of uncertainty, 7's through avoidance of deprivation, 8's through avoidance of being controlled, 9's through avoidance of conflict/separation).

·
ѕιr вυѕтer n&#96
7,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes but all types are prone to 'unnecessary' (even ludicrous it might be argued) efforts in their own way (1's through avoidance of corruption, 2's through avoidance of unlovability, 3's through avoidance of worthlessness, 4's through avoidance of insignificance, 5's through avoidance of incapability, 6's through avoidance of uncertainty, 7's through avoidance of deprivation, 8's through avoidance of being controlled, 9's through avoidance of conflict/separation).
Yeah I know that but what I meant was that specific fear, hiding your failings at any costs seems unnecessary to me. Not one of my priorities. Sorry for the bad phrasing. I do agree that every enneagram type has something they want to avoid and a fear. And a motivation. But how they do it is different.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Banned
348 Posts
Yeah I know that but what I meant was that specific fear, hiding your failings at any costs seems unnecessary to me. Not one of my priorities. Sorry for the bad phrasing. I do agree that every enneagram type has something they want to avoid and a fear. And a motivation. But how they do it is different.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Don't know about others but I would say it's not a 3 thing. I believe our failings is not something we fear but we fear of being a failure as a person

·
ѕιr вυѕтer n&#96
7,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Don't know about others but I would say it's not a 3 thing. I believe our failings is not something we fear but we fear of being a failure as a person
That makes sense.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts