Personality Cafe banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
XNTP
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As always I've been questioning my type, most of the time I'm typed as XNxP but I'm not sure. Also I'd like to know if this is more related to Te or Ti. That would make it easier to me since infp and isfp are types I highly considerate.

- When I start learning about something new, specially if it's a complex or extense thing, I find it a bit stressful since there are too many unclear things in my mind and I need them to make sense.
I'll put two examples of this:

1.-
When I've tried to learn about writing or drawing, I often quit since I feel overwhelmed by the amount of information. It's hard to explain, there are some ideas that are related to a lot of other concepts, and it gets all messy in my head, like something without ending. I feel like I have to do everything perfect or step by step from point 0. I start reading about writing/describing places, then I try to learn more vocabulary to describe it, then I search up about architecture, plants and that kind of things so it suits my idea.
But then i feel anxious since I am learning those things superficially. Maybe I have unrealistic expectations for a total newbie in those areas xd, but still, that feeling demotivates. Which is funny, because I'm a very unorganized and lazy person.

2.- This is a bit of a silly example but I hope it adds up something. I've been reading marvel comics, specifically ultimate spiderman, I'm pretty much new to them. Everytime they mention other heroes or concepts that have probably been explained in other comics, I feel a bit unmotivated to keep reading due to my curiosity and need to understand those things, even if they're not necessary to understand this comic.

It doesn't happen all the time, it's mostly with unclear or complex things, but it's still annoying. I wonder if this is a sensor or an intuitive thing, and if it's mostly associated with ti or te. Thanks for reading this mess, I hope you got my pointxd

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Can't tell that any of the aspects you described are related to T, N or S or any other specific trait :) Could you please explain how and why did you reach to understanding you might be xNxP? If it's by tests only, it's worth keeping in mind they're often biased towards resulting N types and NPs - seen that it's pretty hard to get anything else except NP-type out of many tests due to their bias. Happened to myself too for years although I'm not one of them by myself.

PS Also if you're doubting ixfp as your type, it'd be just waste of effort to try to type yourself from inferior end

·
Registered
XNTP
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can't tell that any of the aspects you described are related to T, N or S or any other specific trait :) Could you please explain how and why did you reach to understanding you might be xNxP? If it's by tests only, it's worth keeping in mind they're often biased towards resulting N types and NPs - seen that it's pretty hard to get anything else except NP-type out of many tests due to their bias. Happened to myself too for years although I'm not one of them by myself.

PS Also if you're doubting ixfp as your type, it'd be just waste of effort to try to type yourself from inferior end
Mainly by tests but also by reading a bit of cognitive functions. I've posted about it actually, since I'm not that sure :/

·
Registered
116 Posts
I think it is related to weak/blind Se actually. You know the Nike "Just do it."

Only when you get in the game do you forget about the game, and actually do anything productive towards a goal. But you have to start. You do not need the entire theory of artistic creation from the 17th century to now to make sense for your to do it. You just want it to because that's how you're used to/prefer being. You just need to know one thing, now, and do it. And then do another thing next.

·
Registered
XNTP
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think it is related to weak/blind Se actually. You know the Nike "Just do it."

Only when you get in the game do you forget about the game, and actually do anything productive towards a goal. But you have to start. You do not need the entire theory of artistic creation from the 17th century to now to make sense for your to do it. You just want it to because that's how you're used to/prefer being. You just need to know one thing, now, and do it. And then do another thing next.
Thank you so much, this happens to me mainly when I wanna achieve or create something. While interpreting information I usually simplify things.

·
Registered
INFJ - MM BP/C(S), 825
440 Posts
When I've tried to learn about writing or drawing, I often quit since I feel overwhelmed by the amount of information.
Ti needs to build up, and that's part of your internal identity. Te doesn't hold it's identity in the way it thinks, it has Fi for that. You likely don't like to do things unless you feel like you're already good at them. Si is the need to do things 'The right way', so you get overwhelmed and drop things. Since Si is your inferior, you don't want to do it.
I feel like I have to do everything perfect or step by step from point
Ti is perfectionism I mentioned, Si is the need to follow a 'process'. Where Ni wants to skip as many steps as possible.
then I try to learn more vocabulary to describe it
I start reading about writing/describing places
But then i feel anxious since I am learning those things superficially
Alllllll of this is your Ne hard at work. Look at how much effort you put into 'finding' ideas that fit what your Ti Identity is looking for.
I feel a bit unmotivated to keep reading due to my curiosity and need to understand those things
Again, you're fueled by your Ne and Ti, but then your Si is like "Woah woah woah, hold up. I don't have the energy for this"

Ne
Ti
Fe (not mentioned, but has to be here)
Si

ENTP!

·
Registered
9w8 sx/sp | LEVF
412 Posts
I'm very similar yet a bit different.

I'm easily overwhelmed by the amount of data available - but instead of leaving something (or at least, as an addition to it) I start hoarding resources. Everything I can find about said subject, only to never touch it again - or even if I do, get overwhelmed and drop it again. I have a hard drive filled with video courses, books, tutorials, podcasts, whatever you can imagine.

I also cannot truly create structure to myself, that's why I'm better with courses. They have a clear outline, they break the problem down into processable bits, which I can comfortable research on and digest. Coursera, edx and the like are my safe heaven. For myself to be able to create steps I'd have to first know the problem on its whole, which I cannot as I plunge in headfirst and dig, dig, dig deeper until all I see is darkness and I have to rush back to the surface for air.

I also freak out when I find a question I cannot answer.

I cannot really relate to the second point though. Sometimes while reading I'm like "who is this guy? eh, don't care" and continue reading on.

Water Gas Magenta Electric blue Font

No, I didn't add anything useful to the thread. I just wanted to show I relate and have the same struggles.
Hope you find your type.​

·
Registered
INFJ - MM BP/C(S), 825
440 Posts
I'm probably only a few questions away from knowing your full objective personality type, tbh.

How flexible are you with your values? When they're challenged, do you fight for them, or will you let it go?

What's your relationship with others? Are you joking around a lot? Do others like being around you?

What do you care more strongly for when talking to someone 1v1 between these two:

How they feel leaving the conversation

vs

Them being correct in their logic?

Reactions: Roxxana

·
Registered
INFJ - MM BP/C(S), 825
440 Posts
I'm very similar yet a bit different.

I'm easily overwhelmed by the amount of data available - but instead of leaving something (or at least, as an addition to it) I start hoarding resources. Everything I can find about said subject, only to never touch it again - or even if I do, get overwhelmed and drop it again. I have a hard drive filled with video courses, books, tutorials, podcasts, whatever you can imagine.

I also cannot truly create structure to myself, that's why I'm better with courses. They have a clear outline, they break the problem down into processable bits, which I can comfortable research on and digest. Coursera, edx and the like are my safe heaven. For myself to be able to create steps I'd have to first know the problem on its whole, which I cannot as I plunge in headfirst and dig, dig, dig deeper until all I see is darkness and I have to rush back to the surface for air.

I also freak out when I find a question I cannot answer.

I cannot really relate to the second point though. Sometimes while reading I'm like "who is this guy? eh, don't care" and continue reading on.

View attachment 888586

No, I didn't add anything useful to the thread. I just wanted to show I relate and have the same struggles.
Hope you find your type.​
This is a great comparison on what lead Si looks like over lead Ne. Focusing on the organization of the data, using Ne to gather, but mostly Si/Ti to process it at your own pace. Sometimes that pace being never again. Where Ne/Ti instead is casting a wide net, gathering for the sake of it, then organizing later.

Reactions: Internal

·
Registered
XNTP
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm probably only a few questions away from knowing your full objective personality type, tbh.

How flexible are you with your values? When they're challenged, do you fight for them, or will you let it go?

What's your relationship with others? Are you joking around a lot? Do others like being around you?

What do you care more strongly for when talking to someone 1v1 between these two:

How they feel leaving the conversation

vs

Them being correct in their logic?
First of all, thank you a lot, I was already contemplating being si dom or something, but honestly I don't relate to isxj types :b

Well, I'd say I'm very flexible with them. For example, if someone has a different opinion about sensitive topics I don't really care as long it doesn't affect our relationship. I'm very laid back so I don't think I would challenge someone for their point of view, it depends on the context, I would probably ask them questions about it to understand why they think that way.

I have social anxiety so it's hard for me to open up. But with close friends I joke a lot and I'm very sarcastic, I just talk about random things. They probably like my company since I'm very chill, kinda agreeable (it's not that I fully agree with them, but I can understand their perspective and point out the things I can agree with, not necessarily with their opinion as a whole).

After a discussion, I do care about how they feel since I'd be worried if it's going to affect our relationship, and also if I gave a good or bad impression. It makes me feel frustrated when I'm wrong or their perspective is biased/inconsistent.
I ended a relationship months ago and I couldn't get over it, not that I still had feelings for that person, but his perspective of why things ended was wrong. It's very hard for me to let go things when I feel that person think they're right, when they're not seeing things clearly or when they're not being fair/consistent. That's what frustrates me the most everytime I end a relationship or get into a fight with someone.

·
Registered
INFJ - MM BP/C(S), 825
440 Posts
First of all, thank you a lot, I was already contemplating being si dom or something, but honestly I don't relate to isxj types :b

Well, I'd say I'm very flexible with them. For example, if someone has a different opinion about sensitive topics I don't really care as long it doesn't affect our relationship. I'm very laid back so I don't think I would challenge someone for their point of view, it depends on the context, I would probably ask them questions about it to understand why they think that way.

I have social anxiety so it's hard for me to open up. But with close friends I joke a lot and I'm very sarcastic, I just talk about random things. They probably like my company since I'm very chill, kinda agreeable (it's not that I fully agree with them, but I can understand their perspective and point out the things I can agree with, not necessarily with their opinion as a whole).

After a discussion, I do care about how they feel since I'd be worried if it's going to affect our relationship, and also if I gave a good or bad impression. It makes me feel frustrated when I'm wrong or their perspective is biased/inconsistent.
I ended a relationship months ago and I couldn't get over it, not that I still had feelings for that person, but his perspective of why things ended was wrong. It's very hard for me to let go things when I feel that person think they're right, when they're not seeing things clearly or when they're not being fair/consistent. That's what frustrates me the most everytime I end a relationship or get into a fight with someone.
Please note that I'm not a trained psychologist, and haters that claim I somehow claim that need to shove it. I'm not here to give professional advice.

My informed guess at your Objective Personality type is ENTP - MF CPS(B) - Subjective Personality - App

Let me break down what that would mean:

With lead Masculine Ne, you're constantly looking at the world with a rigid, unmovable point of view. "This is how people are, I can see in the real world, this is how the patterns lay out." Using your words, not mine, this could explain why you feel body dysmorphia. Either because you feel male because of your leading function, or because you view the world in a rigid way, and know how females are 'supposed' to look. You have nothing to be ashamed of, this is an illusion of your mind, and I would find a psychologist trained in said matters to figure out what this means for your identity. If that profile picture is you, you're lovely.

Feminine Ti is a logical internal structure that you likely lead with day to day. This is where your main personal identity as an ENTP would come from. Since it's feminine, it's going to be very movable and malleable, changing depending on what you sense with your Masculine Fe. This is what is leading to you constantly second guessing yourself. You're not sure what the truth is, especially about yourself. Instead you use your more solid Fe in conjunction as a 'landmark' for how things happened. The indicator for this, besides your general inability to nail down your identity, is how your logic is moveable, but your 'senses' of Fe are rock solid. This leads to...

Masculine Fe as your third function. Your 2nd and 3rd function are generally pretty equal. As an extroverted woman with two masculine extroverted functions, you're likely very forceful when you apply yourself, but feel very soft and feminine on the inside. Like your Masculine Ne, your Fe is very rigid in it's ways it reads people, which is why it's the anchor for your truths. As your third function, it's still a 'demon' function, meaning you don't like to use it. This leads to a lot of anxiety when you're trying to figure people out with your moveable Ti, because when you're forced to use your Fe, it's clunky and goofy in execution.

Final function would be Feminine Si. Again, this is movable. Si is the function I have the least understanding on, and I'm not comfortable giving advice on it. Some would theorize that this is where your sense of self lives, and it's weakness and feminine attributes could be why you've battled with a lot of anxiety.

I just want you to know that no matter what. Everything is going to be okay. Find some sort of professional to help you sort through your identity issues, as they're going to be a lot more capable at unraveling your disorders than I am.

Reactions: Roxxana

·
Registered
XNTP
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Please note that I'm not a trained psychologist, and haters that claim I somehow claim that need to shove it. I'm not here to give professional advice.

My informed guess at your Objective Personality type is ENTP - MF CPS(B) - Subjective Personality - App

With lead Masculine Ne, you're constantly looking at the world with a rigid, unmovable point of view. "This is how people are, I can see in the real world, this is how the patterns lay out." Using your words, not mine, this could explain why you feel body dysmorphia. Either because you feel male because of your leading function, or because you view the world in a rigid way, and know how females are 'supposed' to look. You have nothing to be ashamed of, this is an illusion of your mind, and I would find a psychologist trained in said matters to figure out what this means for your identity. If that profile picture is you, you're lovely.

Feminine Ti is a logical internal structure that you likely lead with day to day. This is where your main personal identity as an ENTP would come from. Since it's feminine, it's going to be very movable and malleable, changing depending on what you sense with your Masculine Fe. This is what is leading to you constantly second guessing yourself. You're not sure what the truth is, especially about yourself. Instead you use your more solid Fe in conjunction as a 'landmark' for how things happened. The indicator for this, besides your general inability to nail down your identity, is how your logic is moveable, but your 'senses' of Fe are rock solid. This leads to...

Masculine Fe as your third function. Your 2nd and 3rd function are generally pretty equal. As an extroverted woman with two masculine extroverted functions, you're likely very forceful when you apply yourself, but feel very soft and feminine on the inside. Like your Masculine Ne, your Fe is very rigid in it's ways it reads people, which is why it's the anchor for your truths. As your third function, it's still a 'demon' function, meaning you don't like to use it. This leads to a lot of anxiety when you're trying to figure people out with your moveable Ti, because when you're forced to use your Fe, it's clunky and goofy in execution.

Final function would be Feminine Si. Again, this is movable. Si is the function I have the least understanding on, and I'm not comfortable giving advice on it. Some would theorize that this is where your sense of self lives, and it's weakness and feminine attributes could be why you've battled with a lot of anxiety.

I just want you to know that no matter what. Everything is going to be okay. Find some sort of professional to help you sort through your identity issues, as they're going to be a lot more capable at unraveling your disorders than I am.
Thank you 💞 it really explains a lot, I am seeking help to overcome my issues. It's cleared for me now!

·
Registered
1,399 Posts

Hmm, dom NE is a source of rigidness? Can't imagine how there's relationship between those - could you please explain? Maybe you're explaining some other role here.

·
Registered
INFJ - MM BP/C(S), 825
440 Posts
Hmm, dom NE is a source of rigidness? Can't imagine how there's relationship between those - could you please explain? Maybe you're explaining some other role here.
Everyone has two 'sets' of functions that work together. One is rigid and stubborn, and the other is moveable and adaptable.

Source:

For my example, I have 'Masculine' Ni and Fe, which means that when it comes to reading people's feelings and patterns, I'm very confident and people have a hard time 'talking me down', even when I'm wrong.

However when it comes to my Ti and Se, I'm very flexible. People can change my opinion on Ti things as long as their arguments are actually logical and not just feeling based disguised as logic. (cause then my Fe kicks it out instead)

It's more of a confidence and preference thing.

Reactions: tarmonk
1 - 14 of 14 Posts