Personality Cafe banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my team one of my colleges gets really upset if a team member isn’t as hard working as others and if they are late. She also really wants to make everyone work equally. If she is working overtime, she expects everyone else to do so. She goes to the manager and let him know that some people are not working. She also is very honest in expressing her feelings towards other ideas/work.

On the other hand, I don’t care if others are working or not as long as I know that the project is going well. I know I am hard working and will always try my best but it doesn’t matter to me what others are doing because it’s their own problem to deal with. I will be giving them the grade they deserve during peer evaluation. In addition, I can work over time all night, but I do not expect others to do the same. Each person can deal with his own performance and consequences. When others present their work, I try to think of how could this be achievable and talk about the positive before critiquing it.

·
Registered
I demand the return of the crazy face! :crazy:
2,072 Posts
In my team one of my colleges gets really upset if a team member isn’t as hard working as others and if they are late. She also really wants to make everyone work equally. If she is working overtime, she expects everyone else to do so. She goes to the manager and let him know that some people are not working. She also is very honest in expressing her feelings towards other ideas/work.
This sounds like Te. Thinking functions in general want to be impartial. Here, specifically to Te, she wants to distribute work equally among the team. Te comes with Fi. What I quoted here can pass for weak Te just based on this snippet, but I'm not sure I see strong Fi here-- she doesn't seem skilled at Feeling matters in general if she basically tattles to the manager about others, and seems to be rather blunt in expressing criticisms of others' work. (You said "expressing her feelings", but I'm not sure these are actual Feeling judgments about other people's work.)

·
Registered
34 Posts
FI: "What is that group feeling, that person is just working overtime..."
Fe: "What is this group feeling, this person is just working overtime..."

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This sounds like Te. Thinking functions in general want to be impartial. Here, specifically to Te, she wants to distribute work equally among the team. Te comes with Fi. What I quoted here can pass for weak Te just based on this snippet, but I'm not sure I see strong Fi here-- she doesn't seem skilled at Feeling matters in general if she basically tattles to the manager about others, and seems to be rather blunt in expressing criticisms of others' work. (You said "expressing her feelings", but I'm not sure these are actual Feeling judgments about other people's work.)
She's an ENFJ though so she uses Ti

·
Registered
5,938 Posts
I diagnose the behaviour as arseholery. I hope the manager put her down.

·
私を愛して
ESTJ; LSE; 3w4; Sp/Sx
14,683 Posts
Te.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts