Personality Cafe banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I am worried about something it will run through my head over and over and over. It keeps me up and then I end up tired the next day and even more vulnerable to worrying about stupid stuff.

Is this an INFP thing? I hate how much I fret over things.

·
Registered
4,300 Posts
Only when I'm really stressed about something. It's not often for me.

·
Registered
99 Posts
yes. this just happened to me for a couple of days. couldn't concentrate on anything, whenever i would talk to somebody i couldn't focus. couldn't sleep one night at all

·
Registered
208 Posts
This happens to me a lot. I've recently been through a very stressy period (school stuff) and I haven't slept properly for almost a month. Of course, that makes things even worse, when I'm too tired I worry more...a bad circle. But now I'm beginning to see the light and I can finally start sleeping again. Before I just had too many thoughts running in my head all the time, preventing me from relaxing. It's really exhausting..

·
Registered
957 Posts
I've had times when I'm so upset or worried that I can't fall asleep. But then there are sometimes when it feels good to finally fall asleep and shut my brain off for awhile.

·
Banned
1,122 Posts
Could be an NF thing, cuz I do that too, and I recall my ex (INFJ) and other INFJ friends doing it as well.

We feel deeply, and if we feel there is problem, we worry about it and can't sleep, or have hard time sleeping.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Yerp. Overthinking VERY rarely accomplishes anything but it still happens all the time, regardless of the situation or whether I can do anything about it.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
it's not a type related thing. it's a stress related thing. my mom and brother both have this problem and they are ENFJ and INTJ. I have this problem sometimes too and im INFP. no correlation there.

·
Registered
622 Posts
I get it really bad, when things are too much for me i don't sleep at all. My mind just doesn't shut up. There are times where I've lasted 3 - 4 days without sleep. My body is exhausted but my mind is running full throttle.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I'm not sure if it's an INFP thing, although I have something similar. I sometimes find I can't get to sleep because my brain is going haywire. I'm thinking about everything and anything.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Yeah, this happens time to time, but it is happening much less to me as I have gotten older. Not sure why. Maybe less stress... Maybe the INFP type is more likely to stress over stuff like this internally so we take to to bed with us so to speak. With the inability to unload this on anyone, we talk it over with our inner monologue and never get to sleep. Being out of the norm to what our jobs and schooling want from us can probably increase that. Can't say why it doesn't happen as often with me, probably because I'm more content with life and doing better at not letting the smaller things bother me. I'm sure if I was to switch jobs or start interviewing for new jobs, I would have many of these sleepless nights

4,757 Posts
It's stress, anxiety, and depression. Now that I'm on meds (for anxiety/depression), my worries very rarely keep me up. This compared to when I was in the depths of depression, I would frequently go to 8am seminars not having gone to sleep (my profs must have thought I was drunk lol). And sometimes I wouldn't be able to get to sleep the next night either.

I tried non-prescription sleeping pills - worst decision of my life. My body was basically asleep but my mind was still working overtime. Extremely frustrating.

·
Registered
242 Posts
it's not a type related thing. it's a stress related thing. my mom and brother both have this problem and they are ENFJ and INTJ. I have this problem sometimes too and im INFP. no correlation there.
Most people who report this are Ns though; extroverts thinking about the outer world, introverts about the inner and so on.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Happens to people in general, but it seems like something that could occur more often with IN people due to their nature. Probably not good, but at the same time, maybe better than spewing our problems onto other people... or not. I guess it depends on how you look at it, haha.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts