Personality Cafe banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I grow older, I want to be a large animal veterinarian. Is this an uncommon job for us to have since it involves actually caring about something and showing emotion? (Gasp, I know, an INTJ having feelings!) :tongue:

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Seems like a good job for an INTJ. Heavy in science, problem solving and possibly research.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Dealing with animals is easier then dealing with people to me, but i couldnt work as a vet because i would be emotionally distraught of the idea of having to put animals down. I was a manager of a fast food joint for years(dont knock it, i was making 30k+ a year and rarely had to buy food to eat at home) but they fired me when it was easier and cheaper to get a newer manager. Since then ive worked for a halloween haunted attraction called frightland here in delaware, a temp job for amazon.com, and now i work at a plastic wrap company that manufactures and prints wrappers for shit all around the world. its not hard work, it doesnt use any brain power so ive got lots of time to think bout my own shit, and pays really well.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
I would say INTJs are excellent for that job. It doesn't require a lot of feelings, as long as you don't actively hate the animal. In fact, I would say that you'd probably be best at it if you didn't care too much.

The job I had to do that was worst for an INTJ was to be a options trader. Now, there are many ways of trading options, and at that point, it involved calling aggressive French brokers, or seductive Scandinavian ones, and providing markets and trading literally million of euros worth of very risky stuff with a 5 second time to think. I only did 2 trades, one was a wash, the other was the trade of the year...

After a month, I got transferred to algorithmic trading (telling a computer how to trade with other computers), which is IMO the perfect match for an INTJs personality.

·
Banned
2,020 Posts
I am a florist by trade and a belly dancer.....

I now work in business management and bridal consultancy...

So no, veterinary science isn't a weird job for an intj. There isn't a clearly defined mold that we all need to fit into.

Reactions: Immemorial

·
Registered
92 Posts
I don't think being a DVM is weird. Being a MFT would be unusual. I got into my current profession because I enjoy helping people. However, I don't find it particularly fulfilling. Especially since most of the people I end up "helping" are idiots.

·
Registered
803 Posts
No, I rode horses and had many many animals for years. I am fascinated by medicine. I can see an INTJ doing that. I'm just more a liberal arts person. Go for it.
There is also the benefit of you having knowledge and a patient needing help. There is no pull and tug there with a competing interest like a bazaar or something. The one-way is much easier to take.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts