Personality Cafe banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
ISFP
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't really know how to describe it but I somehow can't trust positive past experiences. To give you two examples:
1. I work as an author. When my books sell well I'm fine but if the sales only drop for one day I'll freak out. It's not that I imagine any specific scenarios that could happen but I'm somehow stuck in my "ok this and that happened how can I fix that" thoughts and i have to tell myself them all the time in order to feel good. I just can't recall the positive experience that I've already been through that situation and that everything turned out good at the end.
2. When I drive through a new place I'm lost. Like, I often drive through new places but everytime it feels new and I just can't accept that I've always made it.

I always thought I just don't trust my skills but I think it has to do with an inability to recall positive past experiences and to apply them in the present moment in order to see a positive future outcome.

Anyone?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Mostly I think, any types can feel such way when they are depressed or so(for the first point). However the way they feel that way would be different. Another factor which could affect that could be high Neuroticism in Big 5, if we look into personality traits which could lead to that.

As for 2nd part, I think that it implies that you use Si as top 3 functions(likely 1st or 2nd slot), going by MBTI theory.

·
Registered
ISFP
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is interesting. I once took the big five test and neuroticism was actually the lowest, probably because the questions were more about if I'm a worried person in general.
This Se vs. Si thing is exhausting. When I uplaod questionnairs on reddit the community would say I have strong Se, the people here would say I have strong Si. Yet, I don't even get the difference in theory.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Well, when typing someone via questionnaire, I think that most people specifically choose some parts which they can identify with a function and then type you based on that. Anyways for Si thing, I am just basing it on what you said on this post. Generally(from what I think), when people are in a depressive state, they can score higher in neuroticism than usual if they are in a depressive state.

You should probably try this Big 5 test. It seems to be one of the best free tests online imo.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts