Personality Cafe banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is this characteristic of INTJs? If not, which type would you say it was?

INTJ? : talks about interesting stuff and pauses while trying to think of something
Me: comments on some of the interesting stuff
INTJ?: completely ignores comments, and gets totally into what he was talking about and gets super engaged in the theories of previous conversation. pauses again while trying to think of a related idea
Me: offers suggestions
INTJ?: totally ignores my suggestions and is absorbed with trying to bring up that idea

lol. is this INTJ behavior when you talk about something that is super interesting to you? like getting into a "thought coma" of being unaware of surroundings, including people you are talking to? if not, which type have you seen this with?

·
Registered
83 Posts
lol :crazy:
Yeah, I guess personally I've been known to do this a bit. Sometimes there's just a stream of thought I'm trying to grasp, and I simply don't want to diverge from it.

·
Banned
5,026 Posts
Yep.
I do listen, but usually the suggestions prompt nothing more than an effort to explain my idea better so the person who made these suggestions understands why they are irrelevant or slightly off. Usually it doesn't work and they just feel ignored and possibly snap at me. But sometimes suggestions are cool and useful - and sometimes it takes a bit of time for them to be incorporated into my thought so I will respond regarding them later. & then occasionally I am just spaced.

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
Nope. I am reticent to engage in conversation unless I know the person well or must do so for professional reasons. I prefer to ask questions rather than make statements, offer opinions, or attempt to explain my thoughts. I often hesitate to even post in a thread.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I tend to ignore what others say when I've set myself on a "stream" of sorts.

For example, I walked up to my college's Atheist Club (I know lol) and asked them about "the shirts", not specifying that I had ordered one of their club shirts. I began to take pictures of them while they responded about how they weren't wearing their club shirts, and I waited until they were done speaking about why they didn't have them to tell them that I meant the shirts I had ordered.

Had I not been so involved in my own thoughts and activities, I would have simply interrupted them before their tangents got too complex, but I was not paying much attention to them. XD

·
Registered
6,423 Posts
Is this characteristic of INTJs? If not, which type would you say it was?

INTJ? : talks about interesting stuff and pauses while trying to think of something
Me: comments on some of the interesting stuff
INTJ?: completely ignores comments, and gets totally into what he was talking about and gets super engaged in the theories of previous conversation. pauses again while trying to think of a related idea
Me: offers suggestions
INTJ?: totally ignores my suggestions and is absorbed with trying to bring up that idea

lol. is this INTJ behavior when you talk about something that is super interesting to you? like getting into a "thought coma" of being unaware of surroundings, including people you are talking to? if not, which type have you seen this with?
I don't consider that a specific INTJ thing, but I do consider it an Fe thing to think you´re being ignored. :happy:

·
Registered
4,168 Posts
I had to laugh, I do this all the time. I do usually hear the other person's comments, but they get me off track. I usually pretend to be polite by saying uh huh, and then go on with what I was thinking about. This drives people crazy, but if I'm excited about a concept I can't help it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts