Personality Cafe banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, something it's happening to me every day.
I see everything around me so instable, it's like what I see is a dream.
Did you know what's this? Is it normal? Is it a function? I'm confused :rolleyes:

·
Banned
3,435 Posts
Hey, something it's happening to me every day.
I see everything around me so instable, it's like what I see is a dream.
Did you know what's this? Is it normal? Is it a function? I'm confused :rolleyes:
What do you mean by instable? You mean unstable?

How is it like a "dream" ?

·
Banned
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So basically you're..living the dream?
What do you mean by instable? You mean unstable?

How is it like a "dream" ?
Well, sometimes when we dream, we think that the dream is real, that what's happening there is real. Then you wake up and think: "It's a dream!"
The opposite is happening to me: I see the things around me and I ask to myself: Am I dreaming?

·
Banned
3,435 Posts
Well, sometimes when we dream, we think that the dream is real, that what's happening there is real. Then you wake up and think: "It's a dream!"
The opposite is happening to me: I see the things around me and I ask to myself: Am I dreaming?
Is "am I dreaming" a literal question, or is it more of an expression of something else, such as how something/someone or a situation makes you feel; i.e. standing in on top of a hill surrounded by breathtakingly beautiful views that feels very dream-like.

Or do you literally feel like you are in a dream, that nothing around you is "real"? Do you feel disconnected from your body, like an out-of-body experience?

Without context it's hard to understand what you mean (as in, whether you mean it literally, or you are trying to describe something else). I have never seriously questioned whether or not I were dreaming, while conscious, without being under the influence of drugs/alcohol. I have experienced a dissociative state as the result of a traumatic experience, where I it felt as though I had become completely disconnected from my body and nothing felt "real." That only lasted a few minutes though. (For reference: https://www.wikiwand.com/en/Dissociation_(psychology) )

In terms of typology, it could possibly be linked to inferior Ni? I have no idea. :p

EDIT: I just remembered, existential anxiety can also sometimes make you feel as though "nothing is real." I have also experienced this, but again, I was aware that I was "awake", and not dreaming.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts