Personality Cafe banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is this correct? What do you think of this?

I read somewhere that NT's will accuse INFP's of being too dreamer-like, lost in abstract world and absent from reality.

Also, that NT's will accuse INFJ's of being too emotional for their own good, until people might step on them in the process or they might destruct because of it.

Or perhaps you will just tell me,''It's okay. They just don't understand us, my child.''

(This is for fun. Not intended for malice)

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
Is this correct? What do you think of this?

I read somewhere that NT's will accuse INFP's of being too dreamer-like, lost in abstract world and absent from reality.

Also, that NT's will accuse INFJ's of being too emotional for their own good, until people might step on them in the process or they might destruct because of it.

Or perhaps you will just tell me,''It's okay. They just don't understand us, my child.''

(This is for fun. Not intended for malice)
Funny thing is how scared NTs are of emotion.

They see it as a weakness... a vulnerability... God help them when they enter a relationship. If falling in love is weakness, then consider me the French Army raising my white flag. What do NTs think this world about if it's not about love? Do they think it's about money? About inventing stuff?

It is man's purpose to love.

:proud:

·
Registered
151 Posts
Don't underestimate the value of the NTs - they can be put to good use as our slaves. Almost as useful as the STs in that respect, you know. Hail to all the working bees! :crazy:

(apologies in advance for anyone who might feel offended :wink:)

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
I've deemed my father to be an INTJ. He has been telling me my whole life that I "care too much".

They see it as a weakness... a vulnerability... God help them when they enter a relationship. If falling in love is weakness, then consider me the French Army raising my white flag. What do NTs think this world about if it's not about love? Do they think it's about money? About inventing stuff?

And naturally you're going to see it this way. As an INFJ, you are a designated 'humanitarian'. You are less interested in the sciences of the outside world and moreso involved in the 'science' between human beings.

An INTJ may not 'fear' emotion but rather remain blissfully ignorant in a sense; I could reckon that they feel moreso invested in how the world works, and as a result, have decided that emotions are unnecessary in their pursuits.

But that's just my opinion. [/INTJmoment]

·
Registered
602 Posts

i think that might be a little too far fetched. im sure there are NTs like that but many are/can be just as emotional or sensitive as NFs they either dont act on it, ignore it, or dont deem it useful in certain situations. but
overall they feel the same just dont make decisions based on feelings for the most part.

·
Registered
644 Posts
i think that might be a little too far fetched. im sure there are NTs like that but many are/can be just as emotional or sensitive as NFs they either dont act on it, ignore it, or dont deem it useful in certain situations. but
overall they feel the same just dont make decisions based on feelings for the most part.
I've decided underneath the cold exterior they are rather cuddly, well, more cuddly-able. At least my ones have been.

I find they just aren’t as expressive of feelings, or have them, but view them as a rather intriguing side effect of being a social mammal. Essential, of course, but also illogical and confusing.

Typical thing one of my NT’s might say (based on something I heard on the radio ages ago): love is just a biological reaction designed to promote bonding...it is not sensible to always put it first, nor is it sensible to always put first any biological reaction or instinct. I still love my son though, and I’d kill to protect him. I feel privileged to feel that for him, and be part of a species that experiences love.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
It depends on which function a person see's as more "emo"

Fi or Fe

And INFP is more "complainy" imo because we would rather change the world before we change ourselves.

·
Banned
5,026 Posts
...we're not robots, guys. :dry:

It's not that we don't have emotions , but that we can't think with them the way you do - and we like to think. This whole emotionally-constipated shit is more of an adolescent thing. (Oh, and the world is about whatever you want it to be. Like ideas. :happy:)

then again...

Can't say I've accused an INFP of being divorced from reality - I think it's really cool -- just don't tell me it is reality.
As for the INFJ thing - yes, I've seen some as too sensitive for their own good - because I don't want them to feel pain like that. I've no desire to see anyone suffer - particularly if I like them. Wanting for a nice person not to suffer is hardly fear.

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It depends on which function a person see's as more "emo"

Fi or Fe

And INFP is more "complainy" imo because we would rather change the world before we change ourselves.
I suppose sometimes we had fallen into the wrong thought patterns (Accidentally) like,''

Why should I change me when the world hasn't changed? Huh?'':crazy:

Lol..sometimes..

But of course usually we INFP's care a lot about self growth and are usually creative about it too.

·
Registered
759 Posts
As far as I am aware when it comes to the depression side of things with INFP it is more about how they don't fit in with society where as with INFJ its more that the world doesn't fit into our ideal.

How ever from what I've read the whole Emo scene would be more compromised of xSFP types than NF types. NFs tend to grasp more onto Metal and the older style of Punk.

·
Registered
355 Posts
As far as I am aware when it comes to the depression side of things with INFP it is more about how they don't fit in with society where as with INFJ its more that the world doesn't fit into our ideal.

How ever from what I've read the whole Emo scene would be more compromised of xSFP types than NF types. NFs tend to grasp more onto Metal and the older style of Punk.
what you say is true, although i must admit, if i think for too long, they are both one in the same.

in high school, i was an infp (and in many ways still believe i am) and my best friend was an infj. we both sort of outcasted ourselves from our other friends if that makes any sense. it's like we would hang out with our mutual friends during lunch, but we never really bonded with them. we had an interesting dynamic, i would feed of his emotions and he would feed of my imagination. in other words, at our worst he gets really emotional and angry while i get very melancholy and lethargic.

·
Banned
54 Posts
People are people despite their personality types. If everyone were the same personality, surely that would be terribly boring. I'm an INFJ yet I am not lost in my own fantasy world all of the time. I'm very grounded to reality, but yet I'm also an optimist and see potential in things rather than in the ugly truth that this world has at times. I try to get people to see their own potential and for them to hope for something better and something happier. When it all boils down to it, isn't that what everyone wants? To be happy and to feel rather than to be pessimistic and unfeeling?

·
Banned
372 Posts
Don't underestimate the value of the NTs - they can be put to good use as our slaves. Almost as useful as the STs in that respect, you know. Hail to all the working bees! :crazy:

(apologies in advance for anyone who might feel offended :wink:)
I thought INFJ's loved everyone.. :0

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
I think it depends on the individual more than anything. I know some INFP's who can be overly emotional and some INFJ's who are the coolest cucumbers I've ever met.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts