Personality Cafe banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi there, I am wondering if someone can help me out there. Ive never thought my female friend was into me until recently... her recent increased flirting has made me re-question her motives and intentions.. I've always assumed she was just being silly but now i am considering she might be into me. Yep she is an ENFP.

1) The oldest sign.. About a year and a half ago.. she came up to me in a club (when we first met) and she cupped my balls with her hands.. i responded by slapping her on the buttocks, she was fine with it.. sorry about the details.

2) There are times where she would lean over from the side and kiss me on the cheek randomly in the middle of a group conversation. This was no greeting kiss.

3) 6 months ago she randomly pecked me on the lips in a bar.. then after she pouted and asked me to peck her back.. no clue if shes just playing with my head. Since that she has started to peck me on the lips as a greeting.

4) She wore a t-shirt that said something very 'specific' across it which could be misread.. she greeted me then pointed at it like she wanted me to read the 'word'.. draw attention to big breasts, tight top.. not sure if was her intention.

5) She walks past my table as i was sat alone blowing me a few kisses, when i blew one back she put it to her chest and did the whole "ooh i cant believe you just did that" look.

6) Recently she's started to touch me more, this is where my "does she like me?" radar went off.. she came up behind me when i was sitting, put her hands on my shoulders then kissed my hair on the very top of my head.. the girl opposite gave a "wth" type look.. me? i am just glad i had my banana flavour hair gel on.

*Another time she came up behind me with her hands over my eyes and said "guess who!?"
*She has also called me cool and awesome before..
*She laughs at some stuff i will say or do but that might just be to make me feel included in the group

To put it short.. She singles me out in the group a lot, is more flirty/protective/mothering toward me than others, not sure whether that makes me feel special or not.. i never see her putting her hands on anyone else or kissing their cheeks. She singled me out once by asking if i had enough buffet food at a party yet she did not ask anyone else sitting at my table.

Just as we are to leave she calls me from across the room saying "i think you better give me a hug before you go".. she did not ask anyone else (usually i dont hug her). She put me into this weird position of having me hug her from behind because she was sat in a chair, i had to put my arms around her neck. I do wonder if she set that up purposely.

I cant tell if shes just friendly or into me... What are your thoughts? Appreciate your help.
Thanks. :happy:

·
Registered
940 Posts
Hi there, I am wondering if someone can help me out there. Ive never thought my female friend was into me until recently... her recent increased flirting has made me re-question her motives and intentions.. I've always assumed she was just being silly but now i am considering she might be into me. Yep she is an ENFP.

1) The oldest sign.. About a year and a half ago.. she came up to me in a club (when we first met) and she cupped my balls with her hands.. i responded by slapping her on the buttocks, she was fine with it.. sorry about the details.

2) There are times where she would lean over from the side and kiss me on the cheek randomly in the middle of a group conversation. This was no greeting kiss.

3) 6 months ago she randomly pecked me on the lips in a bar.. then after she pouted and asked me to peck her back.. no clue if shes just playing with my head. Since that she has started to peck me on the lips as a greeting.

4) She wore a t-shirt that said something very 'specific' across it which could be misread.. she greeted me then pointed at it like she wanted me to read the 'word'.. draw attention to big breasts, tight top.. not sure if was her intention.

5) She walks past my table as i was sat alone blowing me a few kisses, when i blew one back she put it to her chest and did the whole "ooh i cant believe you just did that" look.

6) Recently she's started to touch me more, this is where my "does she like me?" radar went off.. she came up behind me when i was sitting, put her hands on my shoulders then kissed my hair on the very top of my head.. the girl opposite gave a "wth" type look.. me? i am just glad i had my banana flavour hair gel on.

*Another time she came up behind me with her hands over my eyes and said "guess who!?"
*She has also called me cool and awesome before..
*She laughs at some stuff i will say or do but that might just be to make me feel included in the group

To put it short.. She singles me out in the group a lot, is more flirty/protective/mothering toward me than others, not sure whether that makes me feel special or not.. i never see her putting her hands on anyone else or kissing their cheeks. She singled me out once by asking if i had enough buffet food at a party yet she did not ask anyone else sitting at my table.

Just as we are to leave she calls me from across the room saying "i think you better give me a hug before you go".. she did not ask anyone else (usually i dont hug her). She put me into this weird position of having me hug her from behind because she was sat in a chair, i had to put my arms around her neck. I do wonder if she set that up purposely.

I cant tell if shes just friendly or into me... What are your thoughts? Appreciate your help.
Thanks. :happy:

I'm an oblivious INTP who always seems to misinterpret or simply not get signals, especially (still not limited to) from ENFP's.

But even I see she's super into you. Not just in a romantic way. You turn her on.

An ENFP can freely prove me wrong, though.

Here's a harder difficulty setting with an ENFP-girl.

She came up to me once at a club, seemed super excited to see me. And.. That's that. No cupping balls or anything. She returned to a male friend of her and they went to somewhere else at the bar.

There are times when she would glance at me in the middle of a group conversation. Sometimes it's a glance, other times it's an emotionless deep stare which seemes to go somewhere deep within my being. It feels super awesome.

No pecking. No physical contact.

No innuendos.

She walks past my table and.. Just walks by. One time it was weird though. I was sitting at a corner table of a diner when she walked from straight behind me and then turned right to walk past me to the front. It was a weird choosing of a path which looked awkward. There was like a sea of tables littering the path which she chose, she almost stumbled to them. For a moment I thought if she chose that path because I was sitting there. Might have been overthinking the situation though.

No physical contact. No touching.

My bonus 7) She gives short approach invitations. Like when I was at a bar she went and sat to a bar counter which was empty and gave me a glance. I was dancing at the dance floor and a good song was going on so I didn't want to leave just yet. When the song had ended the girl had already left the counter. This happened a year ago.

Another time, a bar evening, she was with her friends at a table. I was sitting at another table close to her with a male friend of mine, talking with him.
I saw that many of her friends suddenly left the table and she was almost alone there, with just two friends of her sitting there. A male friend of her tried to stay at the table, but she said "Schoo." in a joking way to him. He answered, "Okay okay, I'll go." Now there was only one female friend of her there. I was just about to go to her when another friend of mine stumbled to me. I was interrupted and started to talk to the guy. Before I knew it, the table was empty and the girl had actually left the bar with her friend.

Now try to guess if this ENFP woman is interested in me :laughing:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey there Space Ryder.
Thanks for the response.

My brother (who is also an INTP) also thinks that she is into me, he thinks the pecking me on the lips twice in a row gave it away.. I think either i am not believing in myself enough or shes just the most flirt-iest person i have met and just likes the idea of seeing how i respond to her confusing behaviors lol.

She may also just think of me as someone she highly respects.. so she knows she can do this stuff with me, trusts me with it and feels like i wont read into it. ENFPs are one of the only few types i have the hardest time in reading their interest level..

One of my male friend's said "she is always like that with people". This is one reason i have gone all this time without really thinking she is into me and that it is just playful flirty stuff. But while he says that sometimes her actions can suggest otherwise.

Regarding your situation.. Just to clarify are all these signals you mentioned all from the same woman or are you talking about multiple ENFPs? She is in your social circle right?

*This girl in your situation seems shy if she is indeed into you.
*Whatever it is.. she seems to have some reason for looking at you. A good sign usually.
*Walking past your table when she does not need to? A good sign but not necessarily definitive.. it is definitely one of those signs one can over think.

Having read your signals i cant give you an answer lol (no surprise right?). The best one at least in my opinion is her looking at you. I think in that type of situation the only way to get a better idea of her interest is talking to her to feel her out. Perhaps at some point she may be more forward in initiating conversation with you.

Sounds to me like those two girls at the table were probably talking about "the guys they like" and the guy was shewed a way because they didn't want him over hearing. It could have been about you.

·
Registered
406 Posts
I'd be careful of confirmation bias here. It is easy to search for and list instances that seem to confirm the perception that she is into you while downplaying all the instances that she hasn't displayed such behavior toward you or has displayed that behavior to someone else. Since everyone's opinions on this thread is based on the list of instances provided, then their opinions have been tainted as well.

The only real way to know if she is into you is to ask her.

·
Registered
940 Posts
Hey there Space Ryder.
Thanks for the response.

My brother (who is also an INTP) also thinks that she is into me, he thinks the pecking me on the lips twice in a row gave it away.. I think either i am not believing in myself enough or shes just the most flirt-iest person i have met and just likes the idea of seeing how i respond to her confusing behaviors lol.

She may also just think of me as someone she highly respects.. so she knows she can do this stuff with me, trusts me with it and feels like i wont read into it. ENFPs are one of the only few types i have the hardest time in reading their interest level..

One of my male friend's said "she is always like that with people". This is one reason i have gone all this time without really thinking she is into me and that it is just playful flirty stuff. But while he says that sometimes her actions can suggest otherwise.

Regarding your situation.. Just to clarify are all these signals you mentioned all from the same woman or are you talking about multiple ENFPs? She is in your social circle right?

*This girl in your situation seems shy if she is indeed into you.
*Whatever it is.. she seems to have some reason for looking at you. A good sign usually.
*Walking past your table when she does not need to? A good sign but not necessarily definitive.. it is definitely one of those signs one can over think.

Having read your signals i cant give you an answer lol (no surprise right?). The best one at least in my opinion is her looking at you. I think in that type of situation the only way to get a better idea of her interest is talking to her to feel her out. Perhaps at some point she may be more forward in initiating conversation with you.

Sounds to me like those two girls at the table were probably talking about "the guys they like" and the guy was shewed a way because they didn't want him over hearing. It could have been about you.

This claim that she's "like this with everyone" may change things, but not necessarily. Also, your suggestion of her action toward you simply because she knows she'll get away with it is also a really good argument.

To know for sure, you should answer to her teasing and see where it leads (in a proper situation of course where there's really not that many people of your social circle around so it's "safe" to act). Either she'll be positively surprised that you're finally taking the action, or she'll be surprised in a negative way of your action (she's not "getting away with it" so it's not fun playing it anymore). Either way, you will find the answer.

Edit: I just remembered that you wrote of such an instance. Was her reaction playful?

I'm speaking of the same and one girl. The situation has been going on for little over a year.

She was the first to ask me as an FB friend and I actually noticed her watching me before I had even noticed her in an attractive way:

I didn't know her back then, over a year ago, and happened to attend a group conversation at a gathering. People were talking here and there and she was sitting a few meters to the side of me.

By chance I was looking to the side and noticed her watching me from there, while everyone else was talking.

It's usually been the other way around - I find a girl attractive and eventually she notices me finding her attractive.

And yes, she's been really shy towards me, engaging in a conversation only when necessary, like when I happened to stumble upon her when coming from behind a corner. We were face to face with each other so there wasn't any reason not to start a conversation. When that happened, she was really talkative and I noticed she had her Ne activated on full power.

It was a clear contrast from the shy and passive her towards me vs this bubbly and talkative version of her when in a conversation with me.

Anyways, these are my thoughts on the topic :)

·
Registered
940 Posts
I'd be careful of confirmation bias here. It is easy to search for and list instances that seem to confirm the perception that she is into you while downplaying all the instances that she hasn't displayed such behavior toward you or has displayed that behavior to someone else. Since everyone's opinions on this thread is based on the list of instances provided, then their opinions have been tainted as well.

The only real way to know if she is into you is to ask her.

A good counter argument.

I'd really wish there would be a checkbox with pros and cons towards whether a girl is interested or not.

Now it's simply making observations and ending up with deductions based on those observations.

Now we can at least deduce that:

- She tries to initiate physical contact. Does she do that to other people and if so, how often? Will this nullify the argument?

- She's daring. What can this indicate? Is she daring with other people too? If not, why is she daring with you?

.. And so on.

On my case, there's the following:

- She's shy towards me when she's usually quite lively. What can this indicate?

- Her behavior towards me seems to be different when compared to other people. What can we deduce from this?

... And so on.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
@Thanks guys.

Hi Iaokim, good point, you can be sure that this is not confirmation bias.. i can understand bullet points over the space of 1 and a half years can seem like i 'searched' for several signals to throw them into a list. That would be true if i had seen her 100 times this last year and kept only notes only of positive times, if that were the case i would agree and it really would be milking the barrel.

The truth is that i rarely ever see this lady.. i see her once a month at most, i know her through other people.. in the last year and a half I've likely seen her only on 8 different occasions (my guess). For that reason its not difficult to remember those 8 times in great detail over the space of 1+ years.

Signals 5 and below were ALL signals from the same day and were from the last time i saw her.

If the next time i see her she keeps up the same level of intensity from the last time i will up the flirting on my side.. if not and she seems withdrawn then i will think nothing more of it. The only bad signal i get from her is that she never has tried to have any full on conversation with me but even when she says "hi" and "how are you" i can see in her facial expression that she feels awkward..

@Space Ryder.

When you ask how did she react. Which specific instance do you mean?
Anything i have done so far has always had a good reaction i would say..

The fact you noticed her watching you first is always a good thing.. there is definitely potential there and I'm sure things will pan out eventually with this lady. Interesting though that she can be shy yet talkative..

Cheers

·
Registered
421 Posts
@sagejutsu

Wow she sounds very umm bold in the way she acts with you. To me it sounds like she's into you. Even though most ENFPs are pretty flirty, she sounds like she wants more than just friendship.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
@sagejutsu Ignore whoever told you she's like that with everybody. What have YOU observed? (Sorry if you already answered this, I may have missed it.) Based on your observations, IS she like that with everybody? Or is it ONLY you. If she is like that with only you, then I say she likes you.

@Space Ryder The fact that she's shy around you could indicate she likes you, I don't know on this one. But you're an INTP. We love INTPs. The fact that she went full power Ne mode on you that one time confirms it. If you're interested in her I say just go for it. Even if it turns out she's not romantically interested in you, you'll still gain a pretty awesome friend.

Reactions: Sygma

·
Registered
940 Posts
@Space Ryder.

When you ask how did she react. Which specific instance do you mean?
Anything i have done so far has always had a good reaction i would say..

The fact you noticed her watching you first is always a good thing.. there is definitely potential there and I'm sure things will pan out eventually with this lady. Interesting though that she can be shy yet talkative..

Cheers

This one:

·
Registered
940 Posts
@Space Ryder The fact that she's shy around you could indicate she likes you, I don't know on this one. But you're an INTP. We love INTPs. The fact that she went full power Ne mode on you that one time confirms it. If you're interested in her I say just go for it. Even if it turns out she's not romantically interested in you, you'll still gain a pretty awesome friend.

Yeah.. She seems pretty (and) awesome.

I see her really rarely, like once or twice a month with good luck, and even then sometimes the situation is so that there's simply not a possibility to start a decent conversation.

I'll try to see where the situation goes next time I see her and get to strike a conversation.

Thanks! :)

(By the way, you could try to elaborate on why you ENFP's love us INTP's. I tend to often think you ENFP's find us INTP's just "boring", but that's not really the case?)

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Yeah.. She seems pretty (and) awesome.

I see her really rarely, like once or twice a month with good luck, and even then sometimes the situation is so that there's simply not a possibility to start a decent conversation.

I'll try to see where the situation goes next time I see her and get to strike a conversation.

Thanks! :)

(By the way, you could try to elaborate on why you ENFP's love us INTP's. I tend to often think you ENFP's find us INTP's just "boring", but that's not really the case?)
Well I've only met one INTP in real life sadly, so most of my thoughts are based on what I've seen on PersonalityCafe. But I have yet to see any ENFP say they find INTPs BORING, far from it actually. I also haven't come across any ENFPs that dislike INTPs. ENFPs actually really value intelligence, which INTPs have an abundance of. And INTPs seek knowledge for knowledge's sake, without really any ulterior motive. There's a really awesome purity to that. And we actually find the inferior Fe in INTPs to be adorable! Also I haven't figured out why yet, but I don't find INTPs to be abrasive at all, unlike ENTPs. (Although the two ENTPs I've met in real life were really awesome.)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Take it from another ENFP, she's DEFINITELY into you. While I'm not quite as forward as your friend when I like someone, I ALWAYS pay them extra attention. I will never do that to someone who I don't have even some slight interest in, because I'm terrified of whatever conflict might arise if I lead someone on who I didn't like!

And PS, us ENFPs know exactly what we're doing when it comes to this stuff...

Good luck! Hope I was some help!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi again everyone, thank you all for the comments.
I can rarely get on the internet right now so sometimes i get a chance i sign on i get around to responding.

@Space Ryder
Her reaction was not one of surprise but was more a look of "how nice of you to blow little old me a kiss" type look without being too dramatic, she did this as she put the blown kiss to her heart.... I was going to attach an image to show you the *look* but i cant since my post count is too low.

She could have just blown *one* kiss, walked past & i would of thought nothing more of it.. but stopping momentarily to blow *two* kisses (maybe 3, cant remember) meant more. Wanting to get in my mind? Sure. I thought to myself why *repeat* the kiss and do it more than just doing it once? I'd say to get her message across clearly, for whatever reason she thought *one* kiss wasn't enough to get the point across..

I wish you luck in your own situation, do you have your own thread? I would try speaking to this lady a bit more and see where it takes you (i could do with doing the same lol).. I have also heard that ENFPs like INTPs.

@QuiteCharmed
Thanks, always appreciate a female point of view on this.
@rebecaaalol
Hi rebecaa, thanks, you make a good point, I'd say she doesn't give me more attention than others but rather higher quality attention; special attention. When you mentioned conflict I considered this angle that she'd be worried of leading me on and it seems like she doesn't care.. another detail i remembered was that last time when she leaned over the back of me and my chair her hair drooped onto me so touched her hair.. stopped touching it after 5 seconds, then some 10-20 seconds later she kissed my hair even when it was prickly and sticky lol. Perhaps she did this to encourage me.

She must know that her attention/affection confuses me, i think its her way of getting me to think about her.. likelihood is your right, she knows what she is doing to me. All the touching/nurturing etc does make me feel a tad special i admit lol.

@AdroElecto
Thanks. I agree, i have done what you are implying, she is different toward me when compared to others. I started to take what the friend said as 100% since the flirting kept happening over and over.. the reason i posted here is because i suspect that the way she is is in fact because of interest in me, I just came here to confirm my suspicions and see what others thought, ENFP women are a new experience for me.. The last time she just went very bold with me all of sudden out of no where.

Of course i will avoid analyzing too much but all of your opinions have been a great help. If i turn up next time and she doesn't seem to be flirty or missing in action i will take it on the chin and get on with my life. Otherwise i go in thinking the likelihood is that she is into me until something tells me otherwise.

Cheers

·
Registered
5,311 Posts
I'm not entirely sure you're 100% serious..

Yes obviously she is attracted to you. I'm used to going after INFP/INFJs and considering the tiny subtle signs I use to 100% confirm that they like me, it's hilarious that you need this much obviousness to even begin to consider it.

Having said that, I can see where you're coming from, and I know a girl that extroverted has different cues to a typical introvert. Knowing what I know about girls who are that extroverted (who have been my friends), and knowing what I know about myself as an ENFP.. Even if she is attracted to you, I doubt she's "hinging" on you, a.k.a. it's not going to be super-important to her at this moment in time if nothing happens with you. She's just acting out of instinct, but relatively speaking this is a much smaller investment for her than it might be for other girls to act this way.

The bottom line is this- if you act confident and determined, ask her out for a drink, be comfortable with yourself.. she will 100% fall for you and it'll all be great. If you dally around and aren't assertive, the situation will settle into a kind of "stalemate" where she still quite likes you, but the situation gets too settled and continuous to the point where the longer you wait the less likely it is for anything to happen, until finally she just gets tired of it.

In my mind this is a really really simple situation.

·
Registered
5,311 Posts
That's so true. That kind of terrified "i'm-literally-about-to-fall-off-the-edge" feeling which simultaenously feels incredibly exciting is when you know you've got it right with someone you really like. It's also when you know you're living life.

It's when you feel off-centre but you weirdly don't really care as much that you know you're in trouble.

·
Registered
940 Posts
@Space Ryder
Her reaction was not one of surprise but was more a look of "how nice of you to blow little old me a kiss" type look without being too dramatic, she did this as she put the blown kiss to her heart.... I was going to attach an image to show you the *look* but i cant since my post count is too low.

She could have just blown *one* kiss, walked past & i would of thought nothing more of it.. but stopping momentarily to blow *two* kisses (maybe 3, cant remember) meant more. Wanting to get in my mind? Sure. I thought to myself why *repeat* the kiss and do it more than just doing it once? I'd say to get her message across clearly, for whatever reason she thought *one* kiss wasn't enough to get the point across..

I wish you luck in your own situation, do you have your own thread? I would try speaking to this lady a bit more and see where it takes you (i could do with doing the same lol).. I have also heard that ENFPs like INTPs.

I think it sounds like she was having a flirty play with you. But whether she was serious of her feelings or just "playing", it can be hard to tell..

I did dedicate a thread for my case, but it's really old, like a year old and some of the stuff there are dated now. But the situation is still on, sort of..

She, for example, used to hang around with this one bloke back then. She still does nowadays, but it's much rarer and I don't detect any spark between them anymore. The guy actually engages more towards other women than her these days.

That would make my chances better, but I'm just too.. Well, the image above describes perfectly my situation.

I think that I may have some chances, but only if I get truly out of my comfort zone - ask her out or something else. I feel that she's not going to be the one taking the iniative here - the ball is truly and only in my court.

I can see that her behavior towards me seems to be different than towards others.

She may glance towards me at times and when we're both wearing sunglasses and I'm talking to a friend of mine, I can see her turning her head towards me at times. Of course I can't see if she's actually gazing at me or looking to someone behind me or next to me, but there's always the chance.

One time she was speaking with a few friends of hers - it was a sunny day so she was wearing her sunglasses. However, when I came to have a chat with her, she took her sunglasses off to have a better eye contact with me. However, I felt quite soon that I was out of conversation topics and I decided to leave the conversation before an awkward silence would set in.

Still, she doesn't almost ever initiate a conversation with me. If I end up talking to her, it's always me taking the initiative.
I find this draining.

There's been only one or two instances when she's taken the initative to chat with me, and those have been when she's stumbled upon me like from around the corner, so instead of dismissing me and just walking past me, she stops to say hi and I grab the situation an have a small chat with her.

Though there was this one instance when she actually came next to me and eventually started a conversation, but that was a year ago..

I don't really receive any flirting from her, not anymore at least (she was a bit more flirtatious when she was still hanging out with the one guy, giving me approach invitations, flashing a smile towards me and other. Not anymore, though..) so it's super hard for me to read what's in her thoughts. It's just these vague clues that are the only thing I seem to be able to work on, without leaving my comfort zone.

I guess that if she's interested in me, she must be just as shy towards the whole situation as I am.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Into you, yes.

In a similar case with an introverted friend- I even transfer ironed on a suggestive phrase to wear on a t-shirt; I'm pleasantly surprised I'm not the only ENFP who does that.

(It was super tiny font that said "Stop staring at my breasts" on it- he squinted, read it and went, in his normal formal way "Oh, I see.")

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.