Personality Cafe banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think my Si works in the way Ni is commonly portrayed to be like. It comes in the form of ah-ha moments and in flashes. If I'm doing something that requires some information that I don't remember at the moment, I find that sometimes this information comes in the form of flashes, or as bursts. Random bits of the past also just come in the form of flashes. Furthermore, I find that if I have to remember something, thinking about stuff related to it is more fruitful and effective than actually trying hard to remember it, that just results in distortion of what had happened, and barely works. In any case, when I do finally remember what is needed, it comes without association, without any link to what I am currently thinking, it's very random. Is this how Si works, or would you say this is applicable to a Si dom as well?
I ask this because it seems like very flaky and unreliable for a dominant function, I would have perceived a dominant function to be more reliable and well, stable. I could be wrong though.
Also, if you SJs have to remember something, how do you go about it? Or do you find that you barely ever need to consciously remember things since it just... Happens? I don't know I'm just shooting in the dark here.

·
Registered
495 Posts
I don't know if what you're experiencing is Si, and I also don't know what is normal Si, but I do know how I experience my Si-dominance:
My brain works like some ultramodern archive. I have a lot of information stored in it, and everything is somehow connected to other things. If I want to remember something, I may not find it immediately, because it's in the dusty part in the back of the archive, so I just try to find something with a small little thread leading to another box, which may lead to another, and another, and another, until I've finally found what I was looking for.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.