Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
961 Posts
It definitely has some of the more interesting things in it compared to other sub-forums. But does it make me feel 'safe'? Naaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh. It's only the Internet after all, who gives a shit?

·
Registered
288 Posts
Pffffft, the INTP subforum is the only one that lacks the most bullshit. It doesn't make me feel safe, though. No bullshit at all would make me feel safe. But that's sadly nowhere to be found on the internet or in real life.

Essentially... I never feel safe. Tf are you talking about. Lol. :wink::tongue:

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
It more so feels like I invested a lot of time in the INTP forums that the others are sorta foreign. I'm familiar with what's here and the people in it.

I explore other threads when I get bored of this one, but I come back because it's... Like going out to the store, and returning home?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Yeah. I come back to this forum to ignore the debates happening elsewhere.

I wouldn't post anything really personal here though.

·
Banned
2,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Pffffft, the INTP subforum is the only one that lacks the most bullshit. It doesn't make me feel safe, though. No bullshit at all would make me feel safe. But that's sadly nowhere to be found on the internet or in real life.

Essentially... I never feel safe. Tf are you talking about. Lol. :wink::tongue:
I am talking about safety safey safe safe stuff. Come on, you know what I mean :p

·
黐線 ~Chiseen~
5,241 Posts
this subforum is the only forum I wont have a problem with helping another fellow INTP do their homework. I just need to sit and think about it for a long while. That's all.

·
Registered
iNtp sp/sx x84
5,197 Posts
Yeah I suppose :(((((
technically.. in that light everything is a prison, transfered from one cell to the next.

I have as many insecurities here (stereotypes, cliches, too many variables, things unknown, things forgotten, studies I've failed to keep up with.)... ever surprised I've lasted this long here. (not getting banned. which is a little discomforting, too. perhaps claustrophobic.)

but I do go on leave, extended walkabouts... but eventually return, other environments quickly head into repetition, repetition exists here too.. but there are more variables to it Still several masks here, but there's always more pink l'enfant terribles standing in the rooms.. threads... entertaining... like another above said, taking themselves less secretly. (the key to defeating any intp is simply ask them how.)

·
Registered
966 Posts
It's interesting you ask this. Sometimes during the day I'll come up with questions that I would like to ask this forum and this was actually one of them.

By "safe haven", what do you actually mean? I can function completely fine in normal society, I can articulate pretty well (I think), I don't have any mental disorders other than GAD (which isn't even a big deal), I have a pretty average american life.

However, this forum is a quick and easy way (people LOVE faster and easier) to vent and express ideas with other people who are more likely to go with your way of thinking. That's why I post. I have a thought that not many people I know in real life would understand or would question how fucking weird I am for thinking it, so I come here to talk about it. We're all fucking weird, I guess.

You know...I'm surprised INTPs even like this place. Coming on here is almost like "looking for acceptance" (people love to socialize with others like them), whereas INTPs shouldn't care about being accepted by other people. Whether socializing on the internet or in person, it's still socializing. With all the posts that are...posted (lol) every day you would think this was a board of extroverts. Why do INTPs post here so much if they are mainly concerned with their own mind and not about other people/the outside world?

So do INTPs just...feel uncomfortable around people physically? I know it doesn't make any logical sense (at least none that I can think of in the moment) but that's what I'm seeing.

·
Banned
8,159 Posts
I wouldn't say a safe haven, so much as less annoying. I've been around the other subforums and they're so full of emotion or fluffy, make you feel good answers, not to mention one word or short phrase answers lacking in explanation or self-contained completion. Some of the questions I see as utterly pointless as they read as if they were rhetorical but they still want a response; way to load the question. Even the INTJs seem to take themselves way too seriously.

·
Registered
412 Posts
No but it is my guilty pleasure. My late night taco bell without the taco bell or late night condition. I guess in that regard it's way worse than a late night taco bell addiction.

·
Registered
596 Posts
I am naturally curious and check out other subforums, but quickly come back to the INTP subforum so I can feel safe again.

Do you somewhat feel the same way?
nope, i enoy diversity, yet at a distance

Reactions: Sava Saevus
1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.