Personality Cafe banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I've started a new job, going on a few weeks now.. Ever since my first day I've been catching this cute girl stare at me.. Like each time I make eye contact with her from far or walking by her, she doesn't seem to let go of the staring. It doesnt really creep me out, and it makes me stare back as well. For one thing, because I like her and wouldn't mind to stare. But to be honest its bugged me in a weird way for the first few days because she would stare but absent-mindedly; as if she was not aware of it.

I'm quite convinced she is infp. She has a very reserved and shy look, far from the loud type, and who doesn't speak much. And the way she looks at me too..her staring looks so dreamy, not a direct, blank or open stare.. And then I search for something on these forums about INFps and staring and I read threads confirming this to me.

The trouble is I like her and want to say something. But i am having doubts..Am I taking this too far or maybe blowing it up into something else? What does the staring mean? Clues?

·
Banned
2,078 Posts
Ok I've started a new job, going on a few weeks now.. Ever since my first day I've been catching this cute girl stare at me.. Like each time I make eye contact with her from far or walking by her, she doesn't seem to let go of the staring. It doesnt really creep me out, and it makes me stare back as well. For one thing, because I like her and wouldn't mind to stare. But to be honest its bugged me in a weird way for the first few days because she would stare but absent-mindedly; as if she was not aware of it.

I'm quite convinced she is infp. She has a very reserved and shy look, far from the loud type, and who doesn't speak much. And the way she looks at me too..her staring looks so dreamy, not a direct, blank or open stare.. And then I search for something on these forums about INFps and staring and I read threads confirming this to me.

The trouble is I like her and want to say something. But i am having doubts..Am I taking this too far or maybe blowing it up into something else? What does the staring mean? Clues?
Doubts mean don't go up to her. Maybe she wants to come up to you and waits for the right time to do so.
Timing is everything.

·
Registered
335 Posts
i understand you.. i dont think u make into something its not.. you feel it.. its not tangible. i experienced that with a boy at school (the only time i have ever experienced a crush, i fell in love)
it started when i was on my way to school with the subway and he too. he was looking at me, i felt like it was an invasion. but his stare, i then captured like the essence.
unspoken chemestry is amazing! im happy to have experienced it..

i think you should approach her in a natural way when the time is right, dont try too hard.. that can come off as being creepy... but definitely you should take the initiative to talk to her.

all the best to you
greatexpectations

·
Registered
335 Posts
Doubts mean don't go up to her. Maybe she wants to come up to you and waits for the right time to do so.
Timing is everything.
doubts do not mean to leave it out
when you are doubting you consider.... which is wise... so you are not rushing into things

but key rule:

follow your heart not always your scared mind... in life we take chances!

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
Be careful, I notice people look at us / in our direction and get those dreamy eyes, but may not necessarily be interested. I don't know what it is exactly, but it just seems like a way to zone out of reality. Maybe there's some sort of vortex around us.

There have been cases where I've had basically what you describe and I've talked to them only to be shot down harder than ever. "Oh, I have that class with you?" -- Nonetheless, still strike up a convo, but don't mention the looks.

·
Banned
2,078 Posts
Be careful, I notice people look at us / in our direction and get those dreamy eyes, but may not necessarily be interested. I don't know what it is exactly, but it just seems like a way to zone out of reality. Maybe there's some sort of vortex around us.

There have been cases where I've had basically what you describe and I've talked to them only to be shot down harder than ever. "Oh, I have that class with you?" -- Nonetheless, still strike up a convo, but don't mention the looks.
haha seriously?
Same thing has happened to me a few times and I think we INFPs get deluded into thinking because the way someone looks at us means they are interested.
I'm quite assertive when it comes to initiating it with someone I get vibes from. And I have many times been looked at with a crazy face once doing so. lol
It's as if they are pretending they didn't stare at me all those times and seem so intrigued. Puh-leaze.
I am soo done with the nonverbal communicating admiration. Or supposed.

:|

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
haha seriously?
Same thing has happened to me a few times and I think we INFPs get deluded into thinking because the way someone looks at us means they are interested.
I'm quite assertive when it comes to initiating it with someone I get vibes from. And I have many times been looked at with a crazy face once doing so. lol
It's as if they are pretending they didn't stare at me all those times and seem so intrigued. Puh-leaze.
I am soo done with the nonverbal communicating admiration. Or supposed.

:|
Ya, we seem to get interested in people we think are interested in us.

Now I'm so skeptical that I need all sorts of evidence before I think someone is actually into me. Hell, one girl even made a craigslist post about it once, haha...

(exact situation we're describing here, the whole staring thing) -- fail editing, but lazy to fix it.
http://www.gadgetglaze.com/upload/1283391711.jpg

Funny part is, I still told myself that wasn't for me at the time. (it definitely is for me)

·
Banned
2,078 Posts
Ya, we seem to get interested in people we think are interested in us.

Now I'm so skeptical that I need all sorts of evidence before I think someone is actually into me. Hell, one girl even made a craigslist post about it once, haha...

(exact situation we're describing here, the whole staring thing) -- fail editing, but lazy to fix it.
http://www.gadgetglaze.com/upload/1283391711.jpg

Funny part is, I still told myself that wasn't for me at the time. (it definitely is for me)
LoL! that's nuts.

"Ya, we seem to get interested in people we think are interested in us. "
I actually find that kind of, or reallly, pathetic about us. Nothing to brag about lol.

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
LoL! that's nuts.

"Ya, we seem to get interested in people we think are interested in us. "
I actually find that kind of, or reallly, pathetic about us. Nothing to brag about lol.
Ya, it certainly is odd. There are some people I took interest in simply because they took interest in me. I never even noticed them before. I've also had some stalkers in the past and I think that's like the best feeling ever. Now, most stalkers end up being a little too low on the IQ level to do anything with, but it's like the biggest ego trip I've ever experienced. To the point where you get kind of dark and manipulative to sort of feign interest, but never pursue, just so you prolong it.

So so wrong :(.

·
Registered
4,339 Posts
I always get scared someone is going to think I am staring because I might like them when really most of the time
I don't really notice people,I just sort of daze off and look in a general direction. Have you looked at her and met her eyes then she turn away sort of all of a sudden with an embarassed look or looking very clumsyish? That's how I tend to act when I am INTENTIONALLY staring at someone either because I like them or find them interesting.

You should give it a shot anyway and talk to her a bit : )

·
Banned
2,078 Posts
Ya, it certainly is odd. There are some people I took interest in simply because they took interest in me. I never even noticed them before. I've also had some stalkers in the past and I think that's like the best feeling ever. Now, most stalkers end up being a little too low on the IQ level to do anything with, but it's like the biggest ego trip I've ever experienced. To the point where you get kind of dark and manipulative to sort of feign interest, but never pursue, just so you prolong it.

So so wrong :(.
ahahah, man these personality things are so true. unbelievable. all infp's must be living like the same life story.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts