Discussion Starter #1
when a thought comes into your head, do the following:

1) Write it own on a piece of paper. Then write down the following below it:

2) "Is it really true?"

3) "How do I know this?"

4) "Does this make sense with everything else I know?"

Then try to answer these questions.

Think of everything you know,
no matter how inconsequential, that might highlight if the particular thought that wrote down at first, could be true or false, and write all of them down. If one thought leads to another conclusion, write that down as well. Eventually, you'll start developing lots of chains of thought, where each one will indicate if the original thought you started with, is true, or false, or it can't say one way or the other.

You'll probably need several pages very quickly, for that one thought.

Then when you get tired, simply end that process, relax, and then when another thought comes into your head, start the process all over again.
another thought comes into your head, start the process all over again.

Over a few months, you'll get so used to doing this, that a lot of the things you used to write down, will come to you in your head so naturally, that instead of writing down 10 steps of thought, you'll only have to write down 1 or 2 steps, and the rest will be obvious.

Then you'll eventually feel like when you do use this process, you develop entire dissertations in your head, in less than 5 minutes.

·
Registered
6,009 Posts
I don't know. Someone who's sure it doesn't have heavy Ti in their stack needs to test this for a few months.

It sounds a lot like my mind thou. The difference I see from above is the start. My mind rarely comes up with it's own things, it takes up anything I can perceive in any way.

·
Banned
8,873 Posts
Omg i have Ti. XD

I actually do that like normally if i feel like I'm being Compulsive or overthinking

·
Registered
123 Posts
The only thing you have to know about Ti is that it starts with you and ends with you. And it is impersonal as eff. And if you value Ti, you won't be in a bad mood.

·
Plague Doctor
INTJ, 5w4, Ni-T type
6,039 Posts
This reminds me of cognitive therapy based on Byron Katie's "The Work". There's a children's book modeled after it which my children own called, "Tiger Tiger, is it true?"

I don't have a comment on whether this models Ti or would be a healthy exercise to develop Ti, but I do know it's VERY helpful at changing irrational thought to rational thought and challenging unhealthy beliefs.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
sounds accurate.

3) "How do I know this?" (perception trait... IE ESTP via Se)

4) "Does this make sense with everything else I know?" (categorized/organized by Ti, comparative to things i have already categorized/organized)

2) "Is it really true?" (Se + Ti = reconciliation of what is "true")

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
I have posed the questions several times in a row now but the idea of ever completing this exercise feels rather exhausting. Not a lot of my own thoughts can be falsified by default but I might give it a go with things that could.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts