Personality Cafe banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't know where else to post this on here, and I thought I'd try to ask other sp-blind ISFPs (assuming there are some others on here) to see if you guys relate.

I have this friend who's a construction worker and she plays around with goth fashion on the side. She doesn't have that many other friends, but it's not something she seems to mind much. She seems pretty content being on her own most of the time.

While I identify as an introvert and it's very obvious I'm one in person, I care a lot about what people think and I struggle with doing things I like for the sake of pleasing myself. Everything I do has to be done as a means of giving others something to enjoy, or use. Other times I'm trying to make some kind of statement. But when I see how she lives, it sometimes makes me want to drop all my 'causes' and live more selfishly.

So I'm curious if any of you have had similar experiences?

·
Registered
5,122 Posts
I'm not an ISFP, but I would like to know what this has to do with being Sp-blind (self-preservation instinct?).

·
Registered
5,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not an ISFP, but I would like to know what this has to do with being Sp-blind (self-preservation instinct?).
From what I've heard, sp types are the most likely to work on hobbies unassociated with a cause. But I don't know, that's why I wanted to ask other people.

·
Registered
ISFP
2,270 Posts
Would it kill you to do something different?

·
Registered
ISFP
2,270 Posts
Would it kill you to not be negative for a day? Same answer.

I figured maybe you were just a pessimist from the last time, sorry to hear otherwise. I asked a simple question, you guys. ✌
No negativity, sorry. My interpretation of your post here may have been influenced by something else.

My point is, you seem to have noticed something in your friend’s lifestyle that you find appealing. Based off what you’re saying, it would seem you’re holding yourself back.

I believe there’s a middle ground here. Pursue that specific detail you find so appealing, but if you must, do it without breaking your ideals/values/etc.

I swear I’m not trying to be negative.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I didn't know where else to post this on here, and I thought I'd try to ask other sp-blind ISFPs (assuming there are some others on here) to see if you guys relate.

I have this friend who's a construction worker and she plays around with goth fashion on the side. She doesn't have that many other friends, but it's not something she seems to mind much. She seems pretty content being on her own most of the time.

While I identify as an introvert and it's very obvious I'm one in person, I care a lot about what people think and I struggle with doing things I like for the sake of pleasing myself. Everything I do has to be done as a means of giving others something to enjoy, or use. Other times I'm trying to make some kind of statement. But when I see how she lives, it sometimes makes me want to drop all my 'causes' and live more selfishly.

So I'm curious if any of you have had similar experiences?
maybe you just need to connect deep within to the feeling of expression and how nourishing that is rather than giving too much energy to the outcome. just have little secrets with yourself, make some art that's just for you, that expresses something you feel, without telling anyone else about it, and focus on how good that feels for you.

also people look one way from the outside but you never really know what they're like in their own lives. don't assume that just because she seems happy being alone that she is. it could be a total facade. or she could have a whole other life you don't know about. or maybe she has a very spiritual side that she feels connected to that you don't know about. you really never know.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts