Personality Cafe banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this thing had been discussed many times, but I just cant stop wanting to ask. I google a lot and browse this forum too, seeing a lot of information about it.

I read Ne is more about width while Ni is more into depth, that's how I understand it. So let say I'm having a thought about this one particular woman (considering I suck at relationship, let's do the example)

So I'm really interested with this woman..and I'm starting to have a monologue..

Is she available or taken?
what if she's not interested, what if she rejects me?
how do I move on if she rejects me?
let try just once...
what kind of "effort" I should make
I'm afraid being too eager or too cold
screw this...I'm gonna make the effort

and then I'm starting to wonder..
If I saw her texting/answering calls...maybe that's her boyfriend,
If she goes somewhere without me, may be she meet her boyfriend/love interest
when she didn't smile back, may be she's not interested, or just having a bad day
or maybe I'm just being too pessimistic

so, my question..can you categorized it as Ne or Ni? is that Ti+Ne or Ti+Ni? Sometimes I think I'm INTP or ISTP with bad loop

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so is that a Ne for you? let say habit like opening 50 tabs in firefox..is that a Ne trait? that's all I could think of right now.

btw, my ennegram type is 5w4 and 9w1..and can someone give example how Ni process works? Maybe I was mistyped the whole time

·
Registered
5,225 Posts
Is she available or taken?
what if she's not interested, what if she rejects me?
how do I move on if she rejects me?
let try just once...
what kind of "effort" I should make
I'm afraid being too eager or too cold
screw this...I'm gonna make the effort
Normal overthinking.

and then I'm starting to wonder..
If I saw her texting/answering calls...maybe that's her boyfriend,
If she goes somewhere without me, may be she meet her boyfriend/love interest
when she didn't smile back, may be she's not interested, or just having a bad day
or maybe I'm just being too pessimistic

so, my question..can you categorized it as Ne or Ni? is that Ti+Ne or Ti+Ni? Sometimes I think I'm INTP or ISTP with bad loop
Ti / Se

·
Registered
3,750 Posts
Ne is external, therefore it does not bring any new information as opposed to what is already available. In this sense, Ne is being able to see the connection between two seemingly unrelated objects, however, it cannot make the link between a known object and an unknown object.

Ni is internal, therefore (like Ti) it uses a 'store' of data to draw out new conclusions. In this sense, Ni is being able to take an object and draw new, previously unknown conclusions from it, however, this does not always consciously relate to other objects.

[also, the term object here can relate to thoughts, ideas, memories, people... etc]

However, where there is Ne there will always be Ni and vice versa; if you want to think whether you are an ISTP or INTP I would consider Se and Ne as they are much more easily comparable. When you see a table do you notice that it's made of a dark oak and has a large coffee stain on it? Or do you start thinking about all the random shit you know about tables?

Also, you need to bear in mind that the ways in which we use these functions are multidimensional - you can't just isolate one aspect of your life (e.g. how you act around girls) and expect that to define your whole mindset. Try to look at how you react to situations, how you study, how you solve problems, etc.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I agree with the other posters, that all I can see clearly is a Ti/Se relationship. Having Ti dom and Se aux would indeed make you an ISTP.

May I also suggest that (if you are fairly young) you may not have a clear N function yet, so it may be wise to wait. In terms of typing myself, all I can say is that I have Ti dom and Se aux, becasue my N isnt fully developed yet. Still, I doubt I'm going to turn out to be an Ne...

·
Registered
38 Posts
When you see a table do you notice that it's made of a dark oak and has a large coffee stain on it? Or do you start thinking about all the random shit you know about tables?
If I saw a table I would first notice it is made of oak and has a large coffee stain. What function would that be?

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
so is that a Ne for you? let say habit like opening 50 tabs in firefox..is that a Ne trait? that's all I could think of right now.

btw, my ennegram type is 5w4 and 9w1..and can someone give example how Ni process works? Maybe I was mistyped the whole time
50 firefox tabs is straight Ne for me. It's Ne for sure if you have a common reason for all 50, or can trace a line of thought about them. It should be noted by conversation that followed my comment, that in proactice, Ne and Se look pretty darned similar. it's the internal head stuff that makes it one or the other.

On this thought, perhaps it is best to look at Ni a bit how Si is looked at. Si takes in a table, say, and compares it to all the tables it's seen, not necessarily as tables themselves,but as an archetype for table, and spits out "OK, that's a table," and you sit down. Ni sees the table, processes the table as a symbol, puts it through whatever combination algorhytim it uses, does things like come up with uses for a table, ways their built and all the things it attaches to tables, and eventually one of them says "tables function as sitting objects" and you sit down.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts