Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When you feel after interacting for some time with some people, and discovering some of the bad things they had done, you feel like whenever you want to look deeeper or give another chance, all you see is darkness, negativity and tendencies to brainwash you/others even though they appear normal to other people in society?

·
Registered
251 Posts
Well, some people are like that. Unfortunately my father is one of those ._.

If you feel this about everyone, maybe that isn't normal. But if you get a bad feeling about certain people, maybe you should listen to it and just stay away?

Knowing people like that are out there makes me really uncomfortable. I worry about other people who might get involved with them, and get hurt. But in the end, a person has to be willing to change themselves, and our keen intuition might be the thing they hate the most because it reveals their weaknesses. There is only so much that your help can do.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
I'm pretty apt to give everyone a chance at first. I assume very easily that people have the same morals that I do and when they don't, I subconsciously back off a little. I might still be their friend, but my brain makes a note to not get too close. A close friend to me is extremely special, so even if I've backed off, people don't normally notice.

I don't like seeing that darkness in people at all and I've noticed I see it quite often.

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, some people are like that. Unfortunately my father is one of those ._.

If you feel this about everyone, maybe that isn't normal. But if you get a bad feeling about certain people, maybe you should listen to it and just stay away?

Knowing people like that are out there makes me really uncomfortable. I worry about other people who might get involved with them, and get hurt. But in the end, a person has to be willing to change themselves, and our keen intuition might be the thing they hate the most because it reveals their weaknesses. There is only so much that your help can do.
No I don't get a bad feeling about everyone. I'm kind of an odd paradox. There will be a few people who have a bad reputation about their attitudes, and who will act quite odd or aggressive at times, but I often ''sense'' some light radiating from their hearts and I feel at ease with them.

However, there will be a few people who had done me wrong in the past, and when I wanted to give them chances again before, although they acted normal, somehow when I tried to give them second or third chances, I still ''feel'' that they have those negative and brainwashing tendencies that most people don't notice (Take note that I don't feel that way about everyone who has ever wronged me) There will also be a few others who only show a few bad traits, but somehow I get a ''worse'' feeling about them.

It's all hunches, I don't use them as an excuse to be unethical, but I can't ignore them either.

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Each time I learn something about someone, it changes how I view them. Sometimes to the good and positive and sometimes to the bad and negative. Sometimes I want to dig deeper and other times I feel safer to just run away. So it depends.

·
Registered
251 Posts
No I don't get a bad feeling about everyone. I'm kind of an odd paradox. There will be a few people who have a bad reputation about their attitudes, and who will act quite odd or aggressive at times, but I often ''sense'' some light radiating from their hearts and I feel at ease with them.

However, there will be a few people who had done me wrong in the past, and when I wanted to give them chances again before, although they acted normal, somehow when I tried to give them second or third chances, I still ''feel'' that they have those negative and brainwashing tendencies that most people don't notice (Take note that I don't feel that way about everyone who has ever wronged me) There will also be a few others who only show a few bad traits, but somehow I get a ''worse'' feeling about them.

It's all hunches, I don't use them as an excuse to be unethical, but I can't ignore them either.
Well, I have felt all of those ways about all those kinds of people, so to me it seems pretty normal.

I usually just don't trust people I have bad feelings about unless they show me somehow that they are not what I think they are. I won't act like they are a bad person, I'm usually just nice, polite and unattached (like I would normally be when shy, I just try my hardest not to emotionally invest myself into those people).

People who have done me wrong in the past? I've given them several chances that I probably shouldn't have. After a while it's just not worth risking it anymore. I know those people will eventually find their own way in life. All I can do is believe in that good in all of us, and hope for the best.

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I try not to think about it too much, I just have to be an ethical person and I know my intuition is meant to be guide me towards a better life if I love and accept myself enough.

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
When you feel after interacting for some time with some people, and discovering some of the bad things they had done, you feel like whenever you want to look deeeper or give another chance, all you see is darkness, negativity and tendencies to brainwash you/others even though they appear normal to other people in society?
Some people just have bad energy. I try to keep my distance from such people.

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
I think it's easy to give an evil person a chance, especially when they're charming and sweet to you. But if I learn what crap they pulled on other people, I can't help but think, "What if he/she does it to me?"

People like to think they are the exeption... But if a person is genuinely mean spirited at heart, you WILL be the butt of the joke when they decide to pull one over you. That said... I try and stay away from them, emotionally-speaking.

·
MOTM Dec 2012
12,239 Posts
when i was in college, i learned something very important. everybody has something to hide. even my own parents have dark secrets that they refuse to tell others. sometimes, the deeper you go, the more destructive it may be. whether you want to explore that is up to the individual, but I would caution prudence.

that said, I think it would make sense to follow the golden rule. Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. I would definitely give them a second chance, to see if there is something justifiably redeemable. If not, i suppose it's not worth the effort.

·
Registered
375 Posts
I do not shy away from "negative"-ness, because I see it in myself and am somewhat fascinated by the Dark Side, if you will. I am certainly no stranger to it, and therefore do not fear it. mwahahahahah! But seriously, I don't believe any one of us is all "good" or all "evil"---we exist on a spectrum, and I believe there is plenty of both hope and despair for the taking. And who am I to judge what circumstances have lead an individual to make the choices he/she has made? The past is the past.

And I believe Vince Lombardi (Green Bay Packers coach) when he said, "The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." You're not a finished product till you're done breathing.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Oh my god. This is easily 110% normal for me. To me it's like you want to learn more, like where it originated from in that particular person, and then it leads to a series of other things that appear to be negative. As for brainwashing, it does try to, since people in society are so accepting of it. .-.

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Oh there are a few people, after trying to forgive them for what they've done, no matter how much I tried to think positive about them (AND I TRIED HARD), all I can ''sense'' is just darkness, negativity, and abusive tendencies even when they don't come to the surface.

That is normal right? -_-

·
Registered
752 Posts
To me its normal .____.

The first people that come to mind are those that used to bully me in school. I can easily name over 9000 negative things about them, but when it comes to something positive about them, I have no luck whatsoever. ...Now that I think about it, for some reason it sounds selfish and its like I'm trying to look for a benefit of some kind .-.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts

Izzie, we love you :) at least I already do! your posts are very good.
Well...I'm not sure what you mean, but you mean like you wanted to keep with them, and forgive them, but a part of you is taken by the things society means so there's a little part of you telling: "Izzie, no".
What do you mean?

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Oh there are a few people, after trying to forgive them for what they've done, no matter how much I tried to think positive about them (AND I TRIED HARD), all I can ''sense'' is just darkness, negativity, and abusive tendencies even when they don't come to the surface.

That is normal right? -_-
I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN
that happens to me with my father. he's a dick and i hate him, but a part of me says Leyre don't hate him, just try to understand him, but I can't. His sins ain't like others, and his sins, in fact, are worse than many people's, but he still thinks he's the best because he never cheated on his wife unlike many other men.
T.T.

·
Registered
929 Posts
questions like this make me want to say:
"No, its not normal! weirdo!"

But i didn't actually read the thread, so, i don't really have an opinion :p

·
Registered
453 Posts
I feel like this some times ..

I think it's mostly ST people, who just don't seem to ever "get" it, and they always ignore your feelings or other people's feelings because they thinks feelings are for the foolish.

I specially hate it when such people value money over people, I can never justify that, yet they justify it easily. That's just plain WRONG.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts