Personality Cafe banner
21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
When you feel after interacting for some time with some people, and discovering some of the bad things they had done, you feel like whenever you want to look deeeper or give another chance, all you see is darkness, negativity and tendencies to brainwash you/others even though they appear normal to other people in society?
I see the events play out in my head a lot as the conversations go. In turn, I feel different. Somewhat compassionate about it. It's like they're the teacher of their life, and if they asked you for help, as a student, and you raised your hand, you got up and answered the question, or helped them.

When I try to help others, I do see attempts to put me in the same boat as them. Although I feel that way, I just provide an honest answer about what I'm doing, and they realize that I am not. Yeah, they seem normal to other people in society...

I do not shy away from "negative"-ness, because I see it in myself and am somewhat fascinated by the Dark Side, if you will. I am certainly no stranger to it, and therefore do not fear it. mwahahahahah! But seriously, I don't believe any one of us is all "good" or all "evil"---we exist on a spectrum, and I believe there is plenty of both hope and despair for the taking. And who am I to judge what circumstances have lead an individual to make the choices he/she has made? The past is the past.

And I believe Vince Lombardi (Green Bay Packers coach) when he said, "The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." You're not a finished product till you're done breathing.
I guess you could say that I'm there in the dark (Mayan birth sign is Akbal) , just not stumbling. I'm helping some of the lost, letting go of those outside of my value system, and finding some of the best friends I could ever have because of it. In my opinion, it seems like people are either struggling/succeeding, or have given up/become complacent with themselves.

Anyway, I can totally relate. I just figure why shouldn't we help each other work through it? Also, some of what I'm saying may seem a little strange, though I'm relating to others that have posted (Izzie, Starfish, Refugee, etc.) for contribution.

·
Registered
375 Posts
I specially hate it when such people value money over people, I can never justify that, yet they justify it easily. That's just plain WRONG.
I agree--but I do know what greed feels like, so I see it as an emotion and not the whole person. "Love the sinner, hate the sin" kind of thing, so it usually doesn't detract me from my positive feelings for someone.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts